EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Dec 17, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #496 of 1,544
What do you mean when you said your left ear rejecting V8?  I'm looking into getting a custom so I wonder if there's a risk in losing the fit in custom. :frowning2:
Sorry for the late reply! Just arrived in Shinjuku :p
Sometimes my left ear loses its seal and that's after a refit, but some days it's perfectly fine. My dad and brother both have customs and do not have any fit issues, and seeing how most people here love their customs, it shouldn't really be an issue for you too!

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #497 of 1,544
I found out about the Supra Kickstarter super late. At first, I dismissed it since I didn't think it seemed all that impressive. But the more I read, the more interesting they got. Now with only a day left, I'm not really sure whether I should back it or save my money for another IEM purchase (ASG-1PLUS) instead. I'm looking for a neutral IEM that sounds very transparent and realistic, yet also has a musical and organic quality to its sound. Essentially I'm looking for an HE-560 type sound in an IEM. If anyone could give me a push or pull in the right direction regarding the Supra, I'd really appreciate it!

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #498 of 1,544
I found out about the Supra Kickstarter super late. At first, I dismissed it since I didn't think it seemed all that impressive. But the more I read, the more interesting they got. Now with only a day left, I'm not really sure whether I should back it or save my money for another IEM purchase (ASG-1PLUS) instead. I'm looking for a neutral IEM that sounds very transparent and realistic, yet also has a musical and organic quality to its sound. Essentially I'm looking for an HE-560 type sound in an IEM. If anyone could give me a push or pull in the right direction regarding the Supra, I'd really appreciate it!

Ignoring sound signatures, the Supra, and the Adel, are unique in a sea of IEMs.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #499 of 1,544
As someone who has heard both the rockets and the Supra, is it worth it to have both? I picked up a pair of rockets and was quite happy with what I got other than it being a little frustrating to deal with the microphonics. I was thinking of potentially going for the customs, as I haven't bought a CIEM before, and at ~400, it seems like a pretty decent price.

Thoughts?

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #500 of 1,544
  As someone who has heard both the rockets and the Supra, is it worth it to have both? I picked up a pair of rockets and was quite happy with what I got other than it being a little frustrating to deal with the microphonics. I was thinking of potentially going for the customs, as I haven't bought a CIEM before, and at ~400, it seems like a pretty decent price.

Thoughts?

The Supra is $299 right now if you go to the KS site (less than one day left): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/512959633/earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor, plus $10 shipping (if you live in the U.S.), plus $35 if you want to turn it into a custom.  The backers already reached multiple stretch goals, including (but not limited to) the Estron Linum BaX cable as a free upgraded option to replace the EarWerkz OEM cable!  I'll be purchasing both the Supra (universal) and the Legend R (custom), so the Supra is a terrific value, no doubt about that.  If you want something that is on another level entirely, the Legend R is a thrilling CIEM to obtain!

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #501 of 1,544
The Supra is $299 right now if you go to the KS site (less than one day left): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/512959633/earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor, plus $10 shipping (if you live in the U.S.), plus $35 if you want to turn it into a custom.  The backers already reached multiple stretch goals, including (but not limited to) the Estron Linum BaX cable as a free upgraded option to replace the EarWerkz OEM cable!  I'll be purchasing both the Supra (universal) and the Legend R (custom), so the Supra is a terrific value, no doubt about that.  If you want something that is on another level entirely, the Legend R is a thrilling CIEM to obtain!

Yeah, unfortunately I live in Canada where the shipping would be 30+35 to upgrade to customs, plus impressions are ~20 to ship let alone the cost to actually get the impressions up here, so easily 400+ when all it's said and done.

Wondering more so about the sound, is it similar enough to the rockets where they would overlap, and potentially make it more worth while to try another pair of CIEM's?

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #504 of 1,544
Yeah, unfortunately I live in Canada where the shipping would be 30+35 to upgrade to customs, plus impressions are ~20 to ship let alone the cost to actually get the impressions up here, so easily 400+ when all it's said and done.

Wondering more so about the sound, is it similar enough to the rockets where they would overlap, and potentially make it more worth while to try another pair of CIEM's?

Oh yeah, and I even forgot that the Canadian dollar is absolutely garbage right now, so might actually be around 500CAD to get a custom set...

Yeah I looked at your profile and did not see where you were from/lived, so I had to just put in parenthesis the U.S., because there's a chance you may not live in the U.S. - as this is the case.  If you email Jack at EarWerkz, he can help you with shipping fees.  Impressions are only 20 for you?  Awesome!  I have a great audiologist, but she charges $100 USD, but is definitely worth it, as she's one of the best in the west coast and the nation (U.S.) in its entirety.

Regarding sound, I'm not entirely sure, but you may have to bite the bullet and go for it - trying it out for yourself.  I did regarding the SE846, and I wasn't let down.  Even though I'm not entirely in the market for a sub $300 USD IEM, I can see the sheer value in this, and I want to back EarWerkz and their great company so they can create and further enhance their existing lineup for the future.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #505 of 1,544
Be happy it isn't the Russian ruble. :p

Haha yeah I guess it can always be worse...

Yeah I looked at your profile and did not see where you were from/lived, so I had to just put in parenthesis the U.S., because there's a chance you may not live in the U.S. - as this is the case.  If you email Jack at EarWerkz, he can help you with shipping fees.  Impressions are only 20 for you?  Awesome!  I have a great audiologist, but she charges $100 USD, but is definitely worth it, as she's one of the best in the west coast and the nation (U.S.) in its entirety.

Regarding sound, I'm not entirely sure, but you may have to bite the bullet and go for it - trying it out for yourself.  I did regarding the SE846, and I wasn't let down.  Even though I'm not entirely in the market for a sub $300 USD IEM, I can see the sheer value in this, and I want to back EarWerkz and their great company so they can create and further enhance their existing lineup for the future.

And sadly $20 is the shipping for the impressions from the quote I got online, haven't actually gotten back from an audiologist about the cost of impressions yet... hopefully they aren't that expensive. Would you be able to reuse impressions, or are they a one time thing?

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #506 of 1,544
And sadly $20 is the shipping for the impressions from the quote I got online, haven't actually gotten back from an audiologist about the cost of impressions yet... hopefully they aren't that expensive. Would you be able to reuse impressions, or are they a one time thing?

Ah, okay, I see what you mean.  What part of Canada do you live?  If you live in Toronto, I know a few audiologists that would great for you - just PM me.  As for reusing impressions: you can, but usually they are only good for about 2 years, depending on the company using them to create custom sleeves, custom earplugs, custom IEMs, etc.  Also, if you had rapid weight loss or gain after your initial ear impressions you may want to get new ear impressions.   You may have to request for the company to send you back your ear impressions as well.

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #508 of 1,544

I'm getting a custom version of the supra, so I did ask Jack the same thing. You'd be able to reuse it, so if CIEMs are my thing (supra will be my first CIEM), I will reuse it for a legend R if/when I buy it :)

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #509 of 1,544
Ah, okay, I see what you mean.  What part of Canada do you live?  If you live in Toronto, I know a few audiologists that would great for you - just PM me.  As for reusing impressions: you can, but usually they are only good for about 2 years, depending on the company using them to create custom sleeves, custom earplugs, custom IEMs, etc.  Also, if you had rapid weight loss or gain after your initial ear impressions you may want to get new ear impressions.   You may have to request for the company to send you back your ear impressions as well.

Dang, nope I live in Calgary in western Canada.

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #510 of 1,544
Dang, nope I live in Calgary in western Canada.

Oy vey.  Hmm...I'm sure someone can help you out with an audiologist out there.  Let me do some digging for you, if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back