EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Jan 14, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #526 of 1,260
  I think the S-EM9 would benefit from balanced as well considering thickness and stage; I'm considering getting my Silver Litz 8-strand reterminated to balanced for the 901S.

If my DP-X1 is relased by customs at last (stuck the past 3 days...), I'll be able to report the improvement of a balanced setup :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #528 of 1,260
  Ah that's great, did you get the TWcu terminated to 2.5mm trrs?
Am finally going to check out the Mojo today!

Yes I did, I just hope this is the right 2.5mm, I didn't know there was a "general" setup and the AK one that the DP-X1 is using (Whiplash only has one option 2.5 TRRS balanced) ... you'd think things would be normalized, they aren't :frowning2:

FYI

General
Tip : L+
Ring1 : R+
Ring2 : L-
Sleeve : R-

AK
Tip : R-
Ring1 : R+
Ring2 : L+
Sleeve : L-

Let us know what you think of Mojo + S-EM9 :)
Mine is out for repair, DP-X1 at customs sucks... stuck with Phone + FiiO E18 or MacBook + DragonFly...

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #530 of 1,260
  Oh man that's confusing, even the 2.5's aren't the same :frowning2: I thought AK would be the most common one.

Is customs always that slow or are you just very unlucky..?

I guess that too, most audiophiles will own AK and apparently ALO and alias use it too.

I am very unlucky on the same day 2 people in Paris got their DP-X1 from PriceJapan, same value declared.
I should have gone FedEx, so frustrating that they're sitting 20km away for 3 days and I don't even know what the problem is or how to fix it. I called yesterday and they're supposed to get back to me today. Fingers crossed...

At least I have the AudioQuest NightHawk to play with :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #531 of 1,260
Jan 14, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #532 of 1,260
  I try to not be explicit about publicly picking favorites
smily_headphones1.gif

They all have very different signatures with their own strengths; none of them is neutral. Each is much better than the other for a certain type of music or preference. 

Besides the chance that my preference is the same as yours is really small, so it wouldn't really say anything 
wink.gif

wink.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #533 of 1,260
Jan 14, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #534 of 1,260
Well you know, I tend to find what makes an iem special and apply it for a certain music; so I will use different iems for different music. Each of them being better than the other for those specific genres. So if I'd answer that question it would come down to which one is the most allround I guess, which might still be different than which one is my favourite.

But overall, the S-EM9, Zeus and Solar get the most of my playing time :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #535 of 1,260
Well you know, I tend to find what makes an iem special and apply it for a certain music; so I will use different iems for different music. Each of them being better than the other for those specific genres. So if I'd answer that question it would come down to which one is the most allround I guess, which might still be different than which one is my favourite.

But overall, the S-EM9, Zeus and Solar get the most of my playing time :)
20%, 15% , 65% ?

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #536 of 1,260
Haha well theoretically it would be more even. I use the S-EM9 at the gym, which is at least 4 hours per week - at least that's what I'd like to think.

But, actually it depends more on what I have planned ahead. I love the Solar, but have hardly listened to it last month or two because of the AR6, Zeus and S-EM9 reviews. 

Now I'm going to spend most time with Apollo, S-EM6 and DN-2000J..

Jan 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #540 of 1,260
Kind of makes sense for how much time is spent at the gym listening to music... I wouldnt' be surprised if for a lot of people that's probably most of their music listening time every week, why not use favorite headphones. I'd be terrified of catching the cord on something though, even worn under my shirt they somehow always conspire to get caught on something at the gym ( not to mention those mmcx connectors make me a little nervous and damage strong jolts can supposedly do to BA drivers
ph34r.gif
). Think I'll be sticking with elCheapo JVCs for now.

Quote:
I you see the quantity of gadgets I have in my bed... You will be scary.

It is taking a lot of effort not to read too much into that
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back