Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #1,426 of 1,656
  Because where the SM64 has a small dip, the B3ProI has a mild bump :) Prolly you wont get better female voices on SM64 than the Havi. Maybe just a tad clearer because of the BAs. But maybe a little recessed comparing to the Havi. Just a guess (or a question i'm making here), I don't own the SM64.

I don't think so, vocals on my Havi is actually pretty unsatisfying for me because of the thin,cold and recessed sounding midrange :wink:

But we will see, I will getting the sm64 in a few days.

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,427 of 1,656
  I don't think so, vocals on my Havi is actually pretty unsatisfying for me because of the thin,cold and recessed sounding midrange :wink:

But we will see, I will getting the sm64 in a few days.

I have both the Havi B3 and the Earsonic SM64 v2. I would like to say in my own opinion on the sound in the mid range and in female vocals I definitely find the SM64 more enjoyable than the Havi. Now not to say that the Havi's are not great for the value you get, but they do not come in competition with the Sm64 from my own experiences. I think the DX90 paired with the SM64 may just have better synergy because it is a great portable pairing, and though I use the Pb2 amp or Meier 2move, I really would be fine with using the internal amp of the DX90. 

I think you will be satisfied with the vocals both male and female that you get from the SM64. Let me know how you end up liking the headphone

Feb 15, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #1,428 of 1,656
  I have both the Havi B3 and the Earsonic SM64 v2. I would like to say in my own opinion on the sound in the mid range and in female vocals I definitely find the SM64 more enjoyable than the Havi. Now not to say that the Havi's are not great for the value you get, but they do not come in competition with the Sm64 from my own experiences. I think the DX90 paired with the SM64 may just have better synergy because it is a great portable pairing, and though I use the Pb2 amp or Meier 2move, I really would be fine with using the internal amp of the DX90. 

I think you will be satisfied with the vocals both male and female that you get from the SM64. Let me know how you end up liking the headphone

Thank you! I also hope that they far surpass the Havi. I should get them tomorrow, waiting for them is a real struggle 
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,432 of 1,656
  Gotcha, I will let the brain-burn-in work then ;D

It's amazing how that works actually- I had some Ie8s that were starting to drop out in one ear every now and again. I did a LOT of reading and Was stuck between UE's, Westone 4s and Shure 535s (I think? Which ever Shure iem is in the same price range anyway) - I ended up with these at the last minute. When I first got them I was actually a little disappointed - gone was the insanely wide soundstage and dynamic drive 'rumble' of the ie8s. 
HOWEVER, after a few months of brain burn in (nothing else!), I used my Ie8s and because I'd become so used to the SM64s the ie8s sounded flabby, uncontrolled somehow. Sure, they has bigger (NOT better) bass and more treble - but it isnt 'right' somehow. It doesnt sound realistic. As for soundstage - granted, the Ie8 does have a BIG soundstage. Thats just something that happens with those iems. However the SM64s are perfectly capable of separation and creating a very 3d scape to place your music in. It's not quite outside of your head, but it seems to place instruments more carefully. Ie8s on the other hand force you to listen in a certain way....

Long and short of it= SM64s better iem for me, bass is good for me as well, and i am used toe a bass heavy iem - so I'm not sure how anyone else finds the too light, but I think thats just the subjective nature of iems :D 

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,433 of 1,656
So I finally got these day today and they sound great! I need more time for an accurate evaluation though. Now I would describe as "natural" and "realistic". 

One annoying thing though. It seems that these really leak a lot of sound, I was listening to them in the library today and people were looking at me when I turned the sound louder ....

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #1,440 of 1,656

biggrin.gif
......Those weren't exactly friendly looks, I am kinda sad that they leak sound so much.
confused_face.gif

That's odd - mine are pretty tight in this regard - I can easily listen at fairly standard volume at night in bed without my partner getting pissed off with me. And she's the sort that would get annoyed *ducks flying frying pan which consequently smashes computer screen*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back