Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #1,413 of 1,656

Hi encoreAC
follow this thread off and on, have a set of these, really nice sound, good mids, bass not the strongest (my main issue with them) but tight, good fit/isolation.
just listening to the track above, hi rez Joni Mitchell, she sounds fabulous.
good width/depth, always liked them
Good luck!

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #1,414 of 1,656
Hi encoreAC
follow this thread off and on, have a set of these, really nice sound, good mids, bass not the strongest (my main issue with them) but tight, good fit/isolation.
Good luck!

Thanks, I kinda suspect that the song you linked sounds great with every earphone lol, I listened to them with my Havi b3 and it sounds very good. Anyways, I am looking forward to the SM64.

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #1,415 of 1,656
  I am excited how the 5khz drop sounds in real life =DD

You won't hear the drop :D Unless you listen to Sine waves. Don't worry, theyre a great iem and Iove them - excellent clarity, good bass extension. They're good, worth the money. Having said that, I am also getting some 1964 Ear U8s soon, but thats only because they were so cheap on Kickstarter! I'll let you know how they compare when I get them. 

Hi encoreAC
Good luck!

Re bass - really? These are usually identified as slightly on the warm side arent they? I thought the bass extension of these was pretty darn good? 

Feb 12, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #1,416 of 1,656
Not just my opinion, haven't read this thread for a while, but at one point there was a whole discussion on removing the filters to get a better bass response. Which I did, but don't recommend(not made to be user replaceable). Still has tight bass, but IMO the AMOUNT of bass is less than I like. It could be sample variation, it could be the shape of my ear canals(though I actually find these to be among my better fitting and more comfortable iems), maybe my hearing (don't think so, though). Do like them, but find I have to focus in to follow a bass line). Ymmv, of course.

I am excited how the 5khz drop sounds in real life =DD

You won't hear the drop :D Unless you listen to Sine waves. Don't worry, theyre a great iem and Iove them - excellent clarity, good bass extension. They're good, worth the money. Having said that, I am also getting some 1964 Ear U8s soon, but thats only because they were so cheap on Kickstarter! I'll let you know how they compare when I get them. 

Hi encoreAC

Good luck!

Re bass - really? These are usually identified as slightly on the warm side arent they? I thought the bass extension of these was pretty darn good? 

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #1,417 of 1,656
Removing the filters to get more bass doesn't make much sense to me. IMO, removing them you would achieve exactly the opposite of more bass - more sibilance.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #1,418 of 1,656
Didn't find it to make much difference either way, tbh.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #1,420 of 1,656

Removing the filters to get more bass doesn't make much sense to me. IMO, removing them you would achieve exactly the opposite of more bass - more sibilance.

Didn't find it to make much difference either way, tbh.

I will avoid the removal of the filters as much as I can. I am not feeling confident with doing this at all.

I've enjoyed the sound post-filter-removal on mine. To me it actually cleaned up a bit of the treble. Unfortunately I've lost one of the filters so I won't ever be able to go back! 

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,421 of 1,656
At first I thought maybe it was improved, then I guess "brain burn in" set in, it sounds like it sounds. I also lost the filters so I can't go back to compare, and it was a while ago.

Feb 12, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #1,422 of 1,656
I did it, as noted, did think it helped at the time, as noted, but I don't think I'd recommend doing it, not really supposed to be user removable.

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #1,424 of 1,656
  I recently got to listen to the JH Roxanne.
Say what you want, but I would not give my SM64 away for this thing.
Still my favorite IEM after all these years.

Looks legit.
Go for it :wink:

Personally, I can approve of this as well. I had the JH Roxanne universals for about 6 months until I sold them because I felt that it didn't match up to my SM64. It doesn't have to sound the same. It just has to give me an equal or more amount of enjoyment. Too bad not many do :)

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #1,425 of 1,656
  Thanks, I kinda suspect that the song you linked sounds great with every earphone lol, I listened to them with my Havi b3 and it sounds very good. Anyways, I am looking forward to the SM64.

Because where the SM64 has a small dip, the B3ProI has a mild bump :) Prolly you wont get better female voices on SM64 than the Havi. Maybe just a tad clearer because of the BAs. But maybe a little recessed comparing to the Havi. Just a guess (or a question i'm making here), I don't own the SM64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back