Earsonics sm3 V2
Nov 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #977 of 1,167
i'm getting a good seal, aka good bass response from either the large Complys or the biflanges, but there is very little isolation.  i can still hear everything around me, although a bit muffled - this with no music playing...reminds me of the situation i had with the Shure 535s.  Grado gr10 and Ortofon eq5s black out almost all external sound.  Wonder if it's simply a shape issue with the housings re" my ear shape.

any ideas?  

Have you tried the triple flanges from Shure?

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #978 of 1,167
so far the best seal i get is with a single-flange, soft black tip (Shure?). but it has a small bore and gives a bit darker sound than other tips...  i just ordered the Monster sampler to get the adapters, so i can try a bunch of my other tips designed for larger nozzles...

thanks for the suggestion on the tri-flanges

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #982 of 1,167
I'm about to be a proud owner of the SM3 V2 and I'm looking forward to hearing them. They have been the universal IEM that I've wanted more than any other because they're arguably the best warm mid forward universal there is and that's the signature I like the most. Hopefully I'll have them by Friday so ill post some impressions of them over the weekend.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #983 of 1,167
Thought I'd chime in here now that I've got a couple of weeks listening time on my new SM3 v2's. As a veteran of Shure SE530's, I figured the vaunted SM3 mids could not possibly be as sweet, right? Wrong! Wow, these are good! The beautiful thing is the sound is so darn balanced across the entire spectrum. Compared to the Shures, the SM3 bass is much more impactful and the highs are noticeably less rolled off (although still a tad laid back.). And as for soundstage, I never considered the SE530's narrow or compressed, but the SM3's are so much more spacious while still retaining the intimacy that the somewhat forward mids provide. Last but not least, detail and separation are simply stunning. I just cant believe how engaging these are. Music I've listened to hundreds of times has taken on new life. I may still be in the honeymoon phase, but I can't fathom there's a better universal IEM for my tastes. A+

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #984 of 1,167
Where can I get these for around $300?
Amazon had 17 in stock "New" but a day later they were removed.
I can't find them anywhere and I really don't wanna pay 350 EUR for them on the Earsonic site. Help, please!

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #985 of 1,167
Where can I get these for around $300?

Amazon had 17 in stock "New" but a day later they were removed.
I can't find them anywhere and I really don't wanna pay 350 EUR for them on the Earsonic site. Help, please!

Just got a set brand new for $299 a couple of weeks back from Soundearphones.com via eBay.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #986 of 1,167
Welcome to the SM3 club :) They really are special. I considered the SE535 as an upgrade to my SE215, but went with the SM3 based on jokers reviews, and I've never looked back; I've only bought full sized cans since, except for the TF10 which was intended as a brighter side grade, but since defiltering my SM3 the TF10 are officially nothing more than a backup.
Thought I'd chime in here now that I've got a couple of weeks listening time on my new SM3 v2's. As a veteran of Shure SE530's, I figured the vaunted SM3 mids could not possibly be as sweet, right? Wrong! Wow, these are good! The beautiful thing is the sound is so darn balanced across the entire spectrum. Compared to the Shures, the SM3 bass is much more impactful and the highs are noticeably less rolled off (although still a tad laid back.). And as for soundstage, I never considered the SE530's narrow or compressed, but the SM3's are so much more spacious while still retaining the intimacy that the somewhat forward mids provide. Last but not least, detail and separation are simply stunning. I just cant believe how engaging these are. Music I've listened to hundreds of times has taken on new life. I may still be in the honeymoon phase, but I can't fathom there's a better universal IEM for my tastes. A+

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #987 of 1,167

From an SE530 user, that was quite an endorsement.

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #988 of 1,167
I think its been almost a year now since I got mine..I am very happy with my purchase. I've been working out and cycling with them a lot, and they are still holding up fine. I haven't changed the cables yet, but I still want to that... Kurdt-bada  here recommended these:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pedalmania/item/westone-up-texas-blk/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-YnNLAp1kbihlliKYFKteTA

So I still plan on getting them..

Shure Olive or the yellow foam tips give me the best isolation..
Quote:
Just got a set brand new for $299 a couple of weeks back from Soundearphones.com via eBay.

That is where I got mine from..

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #990 of 1,167
Man, I would be careful about cycling with SM3s. One band yank on that cable, and you get this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/517747/earsonics-sm3-appreciation-thread-third-time-is-a-charm/1560#post_9166785
Quote:
I think its been almost a year now since I got mine..I am very happy with my purchase. I've been working out and cycling with them a lot, and they are still holding up fine. I haven't changed the cables yet, but I still want to that... Kurdt-bada  here recommended these:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pedalmania/item/westone-up-texas-blk/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-YnNLAp1kbihlliKYFKteTA

So I still plan on getting them..

Shure Olive or the yellow foam tips give me the best isolation..
That is where I got mine from..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back