Earsonics sm3 V2
Sep 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #946 of 1,167
Someone recommended this cable while back in the thread... i don't know if the op was happy with the performance. I've been debating if I should get it.. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221121937019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The Twag V2. look great. What is the best place to order from if I decide to go crazy ? :) 

It was me the cable is ver y good stronger basss wider soundstage, more clear sound with very good dynamics i suppose if u listen to rock or electronic get this if your preference is pop classic get ThE baldur...anyway i found The sound of this cable much better than the stock one.
Im using now the Texas cable which is pretty close in sound cheaper and much softer than occ

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #947 of 1,167
Someone recommended this cable while back in the thread... i don't know if the op was happy with the performance. I've been debating if I should get it.. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221121937019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The Twag V2. look great. What is the best place to order from if I decide to go crazy ? :) 

It was me the cable is ver y good stronger basss wider soundstage, more clear sound with very good dynamics i suppose if u listen to rock or electronic get this if your preference is pop classic get ThE baldur...anyway i found The sound of this cable much better than the stock one.
Im using now the Texas cable which is pretty close in sound cheaper and much softer than occ

Sep 18, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #950 of 1,167
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback! 

I looked online for "texas cable" for westone, or earsonic, but nothing.. can you share a link to where one can purchase it ? 

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #951 of 1,167
Sep 20, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #954 of 1,167
My SM3v2 s arrived a couple of days ago.  My first reaction was one of massive disappointment - they sounded like a toy iem compared to my RE262 (amped with Stepdance) and DBA02s - almost thin and hollow in the sound - little bass - quite high frequency focussed.  Yes - a very worrying 30 minutes.

Luckily - I had read others impressions and the advice to the SM3s a little time to burn-in - or as some think for my brain to 'pick up its musical signature'.  I have been listening for approx 10 hours now (listening time - not elapsed time) and a few things have changed....

The apparent hollowness is now changing into a sense of airiness and separation - the bass has kicked in big time (this might be to do with the tip change from stock bi-flange to RE bi-flange with olive spacers - which has defininately improved the dynamics and spread of the frequency range).  The high frequency focus has become one of detail in proper proportion to the rest of the sound signature.  As I write this I can see that this could very well be brain burn-in or re-adjustment....  They are different sounding to the DBAs and RE262s not just in frequency response / dynamics but in the way they present the music.

Its an old story for this thread, but was still a bit suprising to me how we become so used to expected sound signatures and how a deviation can take some time to get used to.

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #956 of 1,167
Went from the re-zero to the SM3v1.
The irony was that I wanted the DBA02s but they were out of stock at the time.
So I found my happy place with the sensorcom doubles/SM3v1 combination.

If anyone would want to compare the sensorcom doubles with the SM3v1 vs SM3v2 dont think that you crazy, I for one would be interested 
biggrin.gif

Having said that I dont know how and if they fit on the SM3v2.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #957 of 1,167
My SM3v2 s arrived a couple of days ago.  My first reaction was one of massive disappointment - they sounded like a toy iem compared to my RE262 (amped with Stepdance) and DBA02s - almost thin and hollow in the sound - little bass - quite high frequency focussed.  Yes - a very worrying 30 minutes.

Luckily - I had read others impressions and the advice to the SM3s a little time to burn-in - or as some think for my brain to 'pick up its musical signature'.  I have been listening for approx 10 hours now (listening time - not elapsed time) and a few things have changed....

The apparent hollowness is now changing into a sense of airiness and separation - the bass has kicked in big time (this might be to do with the tip change from stock bi-flange to RE bi-flange with olive spacers - which has defininately improved the dynamics and spread of the frequency range).  The high frequency focus has become one of detail in proper proportion to the rest of the sound signature.  As I write this I can see that this could very well be brain burn-in or re-adjustment....  They are different sounding to the DBAs and RE262s not just in frequency response / dynamics but in the way they present the music.

Its an old story for this thread, but was still a bit suprising to me how we become so used to expected sound signatures and how a deviation can take some time to get used to.

I personally found them to be an upgraded RE262. While not as airy, they still make me feel the same :D

Sent from my ICS Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #958 of 1,167
Quote:
Went from the re-zero to the SM3v1.
The irony was that I wanted the DBA02s but they were out of stock at the time.
So I found my happy place with the sensorcom doubles/SM3v1 combination.

If anyone would want to compare the sensorcom doubles with the SM3v1 vs SM3v2 dont think that you crazy, I for one would be interested 
biggrin.gif

Having said that I dont know how and if they fit on the SM3v2.

I hope they fit the V2s - I have ordered a pair!!

I think that they do as I havent seen the tip recommendations split into V1 and V2 anywhere.

I have also ordered a pair of MC Triple Flange tips

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #959 of 1,167
Quote:
It's the soundstage and imaging of sm3 you need some time to get used to, I felt the same when I received them.

I think you're right... I am certainly enjoying the SM3s far more now than I did for the 1st hour.

Quote:
I personally found them to be an upgraded RE262. While not as airy, they still make me feel the same
biggrin.gif

Sent from my ICS Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

They are certainly closer to the RE262 than the DBA02.  Nice and musical.

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #960 of 1,167
Quote:

I hope they fit the V2s - I have ordered a pair!!

I think that they do as I havent seen the tip recommendations split into V1 and V2 anywhere.

I have also ordered a pair of MC Triple Flange tips

I’m sure they will fit, just don’t want to make any assumptions.
Let us know what you think of the sensorcoms with the V2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back