Earsonics sm3 V2
Feb 27, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #841 of 1,167

Quote:
I think what he's trying to get at is that the sm3 v2 could have been subject to a considerable amount of hyping back in its FOTM days. I still think they are nice IEM's, but certainly not for every type of music out there.

Yes of course, if i don't like, will not spend much of my tongue.:)

There is so much iem's, it's hard to choose, there are many good choices at good prices (EPH, GR07, FXT90, EX600, etc....), but i want something that really surprises me, even if isn't a easy signature.

Coming from a EPH's, I have to take a big jump in price range, to try some wow.

I hope, i can find that on SM3's

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #842 of 1,167
Finally pulled the trigger, now is no way to go back...... my money is gone.
eek.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #844 of 1,167

Quote:
You wont regret your purchase ☺
---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.447801,-3.715431

Thx, i'm sure will not. :D

How many hours did i need to make my Brain burn-in? Or SM3 physical burn-in is real?

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #846 of 1,167
Mmm, I'm not sure about burning in. But I think it does, at least mine does. I tried it before buying, and it sounds way different outta the box. :)

Feb 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #849 of 1,167

Quote:
And your EPH is gone too!
tongue.gif

ehehe

Fortunately or unfortunately, i'm a person who always end up using just the gadget i most like, even i have various, so don't make sense for me have several iem's at this range (+100€).

Being SM3 much more expensive than EPH, I hope enjoy even more than already liked EPH.

But the dream of having a high-end was too big, so i decided take the step.

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #850 of 1,167

Quote:
Has anyone listened to the westone umx3 vs the earsonics sm3 v2?  Just wondering what your impressions are.

sm3 v2 is more or less an um3x with a bit less bass and with much more soundstage both are very detailed and transparent there is more echo and reverb in sm3 so there is more detail because of the space but separation and imaging is a bit better in the um3x, both are mid centric but highs and lows are not rolled off in anyway in my opinion sm3 are better due to the soundstage.

Feb 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #851 of 1,167
I find the um3x to be quite different from the sm3, especially in terms of soundstage (larger on sm3) and mids (more smooth on sm3). Um3x is good for metal, sm3 is ok at it, but is excellent for shoegaze and similar music.

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #854 of 1,167
Anyone removed the filters off your SM3? Any comments on how they sound like to you? I think mine sounds a little grainy on very high volumes on certain songs. 

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #855 of 1,167

Quote:
Anyone removed the filters off your SM3? Any comments on how they sound like to you? I think mine sounds a little grainy on very high volumes on certain songs. 

They are there for a reason, it's best not remove or at least replace it with some kind of filter mod.

Always protect the filters from dust and moisture.

Did your still like SM3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back