Earsonics sm3 V2
Jul 11, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #617 of 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret1c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you, kind sir for that explanation on 'veil'. Very informative and much appreciated!
beerchug.gif

You are welcome!

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #618 of 1,167
@ Inks (and others)

After more listening and playing a little with the EQ I also found the upper mids to have a dip.
When I both lower the 300Hz band and lift the 3000Hz band I get a very open, natural and unveiled sound.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #619 of 1,167
Heret1c Do you have V1 or V2?

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #621 of 1,167

Quote:
Heret1c Do you have V1 or V2?

V1, sir! I see no need for me to 'upgrade' to the V2s as i prefer the V1 aesthetically and since they sound the same...whats the point? Besides, memory wire is a pain-in-the-axx since i wear glasses.

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #624 of 1,167
mmmm must find Earsonics and inflict a lot of violence on them... The memory wire is about 5cm which is a lot shorter than useful for anyone that's not a half-hobbit (about 10cm is generally quite useful and I do wear glasses, but not when running)Furthermore, the new cable y-split length to the earpiece when worn around the ear is still stranglecious...

It's really quite appalling that Earsonics can't listen to even the most basic feedback and stop supplying short useless crap for cables unless you're a mystical creature with small ears and short neck/small head...

Well, now when your cable breaks in 6 months which it probably will because you will keep tugging it, you can just waste $50 ordering a new one, instead of $150 posting SM3v1 there and back. ('homg-yay'?)

Screw you earsonics for your great money extracting plan.

Otherwise, sounds about the same as v1/the new ear-piece body shape is a lot less ear-rapey...

Finally, the cheapos did not include a cable clip or an ENG manual... Which for the RRP you probably want and would expect.

Here's a review link, where I attempt to be a bit more civil :D http://www.head-fi.org/products/earsonics-sm3v2-universal-in-ear-monitors/reviews/5358

Like the original SM3 it seems like there are 3 peaks in the FR - somewhere in mid to upper bass, in the mids, and in the highs (cymbal hits are very ... too sharp)... I may have been converted away from SM3 completely :frowning2: as I now find that sort of sound fatiguing.

*sends an angry email to earsonics*..

aaand my pair is now FS http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/563238/ic-fs-earsonics-sm3v2-sydney-australia-or-worldwide

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #625 of 1,167
I recently purchased a pair of Earsonics SM3 V2 from a fellow head-fier, and after using them for a while I'm now noticing one strange thing.
When I put the earphones into my ears and touch the shells while the music is NOT playing there appears to be a low metallic buzzing sound in the right earpiece.
Like the drivers are not properly attached inside the right earphone or something like that. Do you happen to know if it's a common thing? Does anybody have the same problem?
It does not affect the SQ and I hear nothing if the music is playing.

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #626 of 1,167

Quote:
I recently purchased a pair of Earsonics SM3 V2 from a fellow head-fier, and after using them for a while I'm now noticing one strange thing.
When I put the earphones into my ears and touch the shells while the music is NOT playing there appears to be a low metallic buzzing sound in the right earpiece.
Like the drivers are not properly attached inside the right earphone or something like that. Do you happen to know if it's a common thing? Does anybody have the same problem?
It does not affect the SQ and I hear nothing if the music is playing.

Hi kayser, I have the v1's and just tested out what you mentioned and could not replicate it. Dunno if its a common thing with the V2s tho as I haven't heard anyone mention it. Possibly a faulty unit you have there? Wonder if ES will honor the warranty for such a thing since as you say it does not impede its proper operation. But I understand how it can be annoying.

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #627 of 1,167
Hey, Heret1c, thanks for the info.
Some guys who also own a pair of SM3 V2 report the same problem on Russian local forum.
I've already emailed ES and they said they would repair it, but it will cost me a fortune to ship the earphones in France with EMS.

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #628 of 1,167

Quote:
Hey, Heret1c, thanks for the info.
Some guys who also own a pair of SM3 V2 report the same problem on Russian local forum.
I've already emailed ES and they said they would repair it, but it will cost me a fortune to ship the earphones in France with EMS.

You're welcome.

Agh, that sucks. Shipping is such a pain sometimes.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #629 of 1,167
Can you ship via first class? Should'nt be too much. I also found that first class is just as fast as priority

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #630 of 1,167
I can, but I'm afraid it will take 3-4 weeks for the package to arrive.
I'm now leaving on vacation, so I will decide what to do after I come back to Russia.
Anyway, I'd like to hear if anybody else has this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back