Earsonics sm3 V2
Nov 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #1,142 of 1,167
The sleeve isn't that heavy, but it is easier portable to go non-sleeved. A shirt clip helps, too. I would burn in the cable when you get it, too. It'll sound a little darkish at first, but opens up after a bit. If I were you and you were willing to spend $200, I'd get the SPC cable used and the Midnight. Compare them, see what you prefer.

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #1,144 of 1,167
I think it just enhances what the SM3 does already. I hate to use this term "refine," but in this case I believe it applies- that it refines the sound of the SM3. It sounds more dynamic and clearer. What it doesn't do is make the sound signature sound thinner and unnaturally brighter like the Starlight did. The Starlight was a better match for the UM3x and my old Westone custom the ES2.

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,145 of 1,167
considering "midnight" is all black i ordered non-sleeved
thnx alot for the help!
beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #1,147 of 1,167
I had the C5, and after about 4 months with it I decided the forward mids weren't to my liking with the SM3. For me, it wasn't a perfect match but that's personal preference, same as everything else. I like the Leckerton UHA-4 (with AD8620) and the UHA-6S MK II ( AD797 or ADA-4627) low gain version. The UHA-4 is smaller and more compact but may be harder to find. The 6s MK II is probably more available because a new model is coming out. Both sound real good but the 6S MK II is a step up sonically. It's more powerful and adds more soundstage and depth, but it's a bit bigger and heavier, but definitely still portable ( I use either of them at the gym in my pocket strapped to my IPod Classic). A lot of SM3 owners don't use an amp, the rationale being it doesn't need one. I don't think it needs one either, but an amp can definitely add something, like that last 15-20% that for me, makes it worth it.

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #1,148 of 1,167
Hey Pete, quick question regarding the UM3x and the SM3 v2 which would you prefer for electronica music? I am leaning more towards the SM3 in general because I am getting these for listening pleasure and from what I read the SM3 is more enjoyable? I am moving up from the UE700's :)

You talked about the 6S MkII leckerton amp and how it was good since it built on the already great parts of the SM3. But how about the UHA-4? Does it also add to the experience, but just less that the 6S MkII. Im thinking about pulling the trigger on that exact combo :) portability with some style (bulky not preferred :p ) is what im going for, hence the UHA-4 over the 6S.

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #1,150 of 1,167
Just got these
My first iem
I use an hisound studioV
Very comfortable I like their mids
Laid back and pretty dark sound
They remind me a bit senn hd650
(Of course, unfortunately, with less impact in the bass/sub bass)

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,151 of 1,167
  My Cable gave out....

I´ve seen a 10 euro cable on ebay,
and a 30 euro silver replacement from FiiO.

any other options ?

http://effectaudio.com/product/crystal/

These are the best I've found for a reasonable price. The build quality is really good.

Edit: totally read that date wrong! Thought it was posted today :)

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #1,152 of 1,167
Hi all,
just wanna share, i tought the hurt from my right ear was because the housing of the sm3, but after made this little mod (spinfit M eartip on my sm3v2) i deeply in love wth this iem :p
i use the core (or spacer or what you call it) of my broken comply eartip. The spinfit was really good for universal iem i think :D

hmm, Is there any other recommended amp besides c&c BK that is synergy with this iem?
Thankyou

Mar 13, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,153 of 1,167
Hi all,
just wanna share, i tought the hurt from my right ear was because the housing of the sm3, but after made this little mod (spinfit M eartip on my sm3v2) i deeply in love wth this iem
tongue.gif

i use the core (or spacer or what you call it) of my broken comply eartip. The spinfit was really good for universal iem i think
biggrin.gif

I wish that i could find another pair of these earphones... my pair were destroyed.

hmm, Is there any other recommended amp besides c&c BK that is synergy with this iem?
Thankyou

Mar 13, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #1,154 of 1,167

Users who are viewing this thread

Back