Earsonics sm3 V2
May 29, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #226 of 1,167
Count me in. Just placed my order.
wink.gif

May 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #227 of 1,167

Quote:
I've managed to try out the V2s.

The fit was way better on these ears than V1 was, the shelling was larger than that of the V1. The seal was by far and away better than the V1 as well as the housing sat on these ears perfectly and hhelped the outer layers of the biflange I use sit in place.

The sound's a little bit different as well however. The sound sig was the same, but using the same tips (Atrio M series L sized Biflange), the vocals sounded more... diffused and subdued VS V1. That said, I think the V2 has better instrumental separation and soundstage depth VS V1.

Preferred the sound of the V1 myself over the V2, as the V1 felt more intimate VS the V2. Didn't feel as personal.

Corrected a small typo 
beerchug.gif

May 29, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #228 of 1,167
I will be a new owner as well next week! The cable of my UM3X broke so I sent it back to Westone, but I cannot spend more than a week without good sound so I decided to buy the SM3 V2. I got 15% off from Soundearphone so it was $365 with free shipping, almost the same price as UM3X with replaceable cables. I can't wait to try the Earsonics, I hope the sound will make me proud of the "French Touch"!

May 29, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #229 of 1,167

Quote:
I will be a new owner as well next week! The cable of my UM3X broke so I sent it back to Westone, but I cannot spend more than a week without good sound so I decided to buy the SM3 V2. I got 15% off from Soundearphone so it was $365 with free shipping, almost the same price as UM3X with replaceable cables. I can't wait to try the Earsonics, I hope the sound will make me proud of the "French Touch"!

How'd you get that 15% discount?

May 29, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #231 of 1,167
Just tried the 15% code, and got the following msg:

Quote:
Coupon only valid for products in: AKG, Beyerdynamic, Burson Audio, Comply Foam Tips, Future Sonics, H2O Audio, JAYS, Klipsch, Monster, NOCS, Phonak Audeo, PS Audio, Skullcandy, Sleek-Audio, SPL, Ultimate Ears, Ultrasone, V-Moda, and Wadia

May 29, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #233 of 1,167

Quote:
I've managed to try out the V2s.

The fit was way better on these ears than V1 was, the shelling was larger than that of the V1. The seal was by far and away better than the V1 as well as the housing sat on these ears perfectly and hhelped the outer layers of the biflange I use sit in place.

The sound's a little bit different as well however. The sound sig was the same, but using the same tips (Atrio M series L sized Biflange), the vocals sounded more... diffused and subdued VS V1. That said, I think the V2 has better instrumental separation and soundstage depth VS V1.

Preferred the sound of the V1 myself over the V2, as the V1 felt more intimate VS the V1. Didn't feel as personal.

NIce, thanks for the impressions.  Doesn't seem like a huge change nor improvement, more like a side-step or minor tweak.  Which to say is better pre or post tweak, I suppose will be up to the listener, but I think my wallet is and can feel relatively safe from upgradtitus, for now...

May 29, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #234 of 1,167
I'm still slightly confused; if all that's changed is the cable and shell redesign, I'm sure it'll effect the fit and insertion to some extent, but is there a noteworthy change in SQ? I suppose it's too early to tell, but until someone A/B's the 2 side-by-side, and not by memory alone, I've postponed my purchase...

May 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #235 of 1,167
May 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #237 of 1,167
Postal tracking says the SM3 V2 are onboard with the driver which means they I will obviously be the last postal drop off of the day.  Seriously it's happened to me the last 3 packages I have had delivered, hard to concentrate at work as each time the door opens I think it is the delivery guy.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #238 of 1,167

Quote:
Nevermind; answered my own question. Can't believe I missed out on such a killer price.
frown.gif

Yeah, I did see the online 15% coupon before. I can't seem to get it to apply. Maybe 'cause  IT EXPIRED MAY 17th! Bottom line: how do I get it at $365? They have a "WHAT'S YOUR PRICE?", too on-site. Tho', realistically, I don't wanna have to hassle with calling them (or having them call me), haggling for the bottom dollar.

May 29, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #239 of 1,167
the current 15% off coupon doesn't work - specifically excludes earsonics and a few other brands. the coupon he used before didn't exclude the earsonics. 
Quote:
Yeah, I did see the online 15% coupon before. But I can't seem to get it to apply. Bottom line: how do I get it at $365? They have a "WHAT'S YOUR PRICE?", too on-site. Tho', realistically, I don't wanna have to hassle with calling them (or having them call me), haggling for the bottom dollar.

May 30, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #240 of 1,167
Well I finally got my SM3 V2s in the mail.  I love them.  I thought the V1's fit nicely I never really felt any discomfort but always felt they were "there".  

The SM3 V2, for me anyway, really really fit nicely plus those "wire fits" near the phones make life easier to wrap around the ear.

Also the y split on the cable seems to be lower than the V1 so should feel more comfortable for those who had the "choke" on the original V1 y split position.

In terms of seal at the ear, it definitely seals better in my ears using just the standard bi-flange, I often found the V1 felt like it would slip out or just didn't seal right without a fair amount of adjustment.  The V2 just slid in  and sealed nicely straight away, I think the "wire" aids in this.

cheers all .. looks like my V1's are going on sale ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back