EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first post for reviews and info)
Jun 16, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #1,126 of 2,831

Quote:
Reading this thread just get me more frustrated.
frown.gif

Ordered mine on 07.06 and the colissimo site stills has that annoying "your parcel is getting ready to leave the country of origin" message since 13.06!
Earsonics shipped them only 3 days after the order because of the changing of plastic composition of the shell, but still, i really don't understand how @eric got them
already in the US ordered on the 10, and here in EU not, go figure?
I think he might have been to France..did you Eric?
lolol

Now, let's go to sleep!

[Oh..wait...i know why Eric got them faster! It was to increase earsonics sales with it's writing skills and to extend my agony!]

Mon ami Vitor Teixeira, ce qui te donnerait jamais cette impression que je suis allé en France prendre le SM3 ? Je n'ai pas même un passeport. J'étais juste comme étonné en tant que vous que je les ai reçus tellement tôt mon ami.

LOL

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #1,127 of 2,831
I had to translate that Vitor..lol.. IF you don't speak French (which I don't), I basically said I was just as surprised as you that I received the SM3 so fast. And I don't even have a passport if I wanted to go to France at this point. I don't understand it either. Yet, I ordered a Fiio E7 weeks ago from China; tracking says it's in the states but I haven't seen it yet. Go figure?

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #1,128 of 2,831
Question: I haven't had much success with triple flanges at all, but I must admit the SM3s sound best with silicon and deep insertion. Although I like the sound with Monster hybrid foam, it still takes away from the soundstage and those intricate detailed highs. Now, I like the double silicon that came with it, but i don't get a good seal most of the time. It's just not fat enough to plug my canals completely. I know the Shure foam are less dense than the Monster so that will allow more sound to come through, and I ordered some Jays single flange silicon that cn11 said work really well.

But I recently found a pair of large triple-flange that will give me a perfect seal girth wise. But they're long. I don't know where they came from. So I'm willing to try these triples although none have worked for me before. the core of the long Complys that came with the SM3 fit inside these triples perfectly.

My question is can a long triple flange go into too deep in hit areas it shouldn't? If it can't, I think I might give these a try. Thanks.

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #1,129 of 2,831
any idea where that triple flange came from? My guess is Shure cuz those are long but the stalk is meant to be cut. From my experience with those tips (not on the SM3 obviously) is that as long as you don't get pain from them you are fine.

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #1,130 of 2,831
I don't think they're Shure @ rawrster because the stem's diameter is too wide for the Shure and Etymotic nozzles. The the core i pulled from the comply long foams that came with the SM3 fits inside of them perfectly. My guess is that these are tips sent to m when I bought a bunch of cheap earphones from the Playaz dealer in Germany (and Xears).  Well I went in with them, and in the right ear it felt like too deep at first..something felt uncomfortable. So I pulled them back slightly (I push them in slowly of course). Anyway, I have a great seal and the best sound out of all o the tips I have tried so far.

I'm surprised because my ears have never liked triple flanges. This is the widest I have heard the SM3, and the most detailed, yet still giving me deep bass. Details I hear in strings and guitars now (especially acoustic) are just crazy. And lots of details in the  highs. The whole spectrum. Lots and lots of space!!. A nice tight seal. Looks like I finally found a triple flange I can work with. Now the SM3 sound has gone from great to superior!! No more words right now; I need to listen more...lol.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #1,131 of 2,831

Hello my friend, i don't speak French either, but i do understood what you wrote :wink:
Received "the" package today, later on after work, will try these ones!

(but yet the colissimo.fr it's not updated, advised Franck to change shipping method..)

Quote:
I had to translate that Vitor..lol.. IF you don't speak French (which I don't), I basically said I was just as surprised as you that I received the SM3 so fast. And I don't even have a passport if I wanted to go to France at this point. I don't understand it either. Yet, I ordered a Fiio E7 weeks ago from China; tracking says it's in the states but I haven't seen it yet. Go figure?

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #1,135 of 2,831
You can also try these guys in UK - got mine next day delivery, but then I am in London so was easy.

http://www.handheldaudio.co.uk/pages/catalog.asp?divitype=c&cat_id=250&pic=&root_name=EarSonics

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #1,138 of 2,831
EarSonics has a one year warranty, however, they will work with you if something happens after that.  Franck told me (and I posted it somewhere in this thread) that for 30 euros, he will fix them out of warranty.

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #1,139 of 2,831

Quote:
EarSonics has a one year warranty, however, they will work with you if something happens after that.  Franck told me (and I posted it somewhere in this thread) that for 30 euros, he will fix them out of warranty.

That's reassuring. It is great to hear that EarSonics will still fix their products after warranty expired. But is there warranty provided for the repair job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back