EarSonics S-EM6 & S-EM6v2 Six driver universal IEM
Nov 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #286 of 690
  Will anyone recommend them with the Silver Dragon v1 cable? 
Theres also a Black Dragon in copper which has a warmer signature, advisable for a warm IEM such as the SM64 or S-EM6?

I haven't had a chance to try these with any aftermarket cables, but performance would likely be similar to the EM3 pro.  Silver cables will most likely enhance the top end while copper typically cleans up the bass and provides more impact down low, which will accentuate the bass region.

Here are some images of the Crystal S-EM6 provided by EarSonics.

C:\Users\JOENBE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #287 of 690

I haven't had a chance to try these with any aftermarket cables, but performance would likely be similar to the EM3 pro.  Silver cables will most likely enhance the top end while copper typically cleans up the bass and provides more impact down low, which will accentuate the bass region.

C:%5CUsers%5CJOENBE~1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.png

The photos look like ciem a bit, universal tips fit on that canal part?

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #288 of 690
Yes AmberOzl :)

Silver Dragon cable performs good enough with Earsonics CIEM to be a good deal but the changes are especially on treble, more dry and less liquid, and on presentation which is more on analytical side. Question of taste more than of performance IMO

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #290 of 690
Nov 21, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #293 of 690
You have the same issue with the SM64?
That is weird. The pins fit perfectly on my unit.

Great photos btw!
Looks like these won't fall apart so easily :)

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #294 of 690
You have the same issue with the SM64?
That is weird. The pins fit perfectly on my unit.

Great photos btw!
Looks like these won't fall apart so easily :)

Yep, I sent my SM64 back before to fix the same issue. 
The pins are kinda curved and that probably prevented it from inserted fully. The left side is fine but it looks unbalanced when you hold them up together, one side is jutting more than the other, exposed metal aint sightly.
Quite disappointed to see their qc still has much room to improve. 

They must have coated the whole unit after assembly, like average_joe pointed out, I can't feel the seams between the shell and backplate.

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #295 of 690
Here are 2 more shots for your viewing pleasure. 
Runs louder because of the lower impedance, overall a good upgrade from the SM64. 
Been trying some house, techno....

Now listening to Depeche Mode - Welcome to my world. Pretty incredible..

[No filters now?]

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #296 of 690
Filters are just after the transducers

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #297 of 690

C:%5CUsers%5CJOENBE~1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.png

Hey average_joe, I read your iem cable shootout review. You mentioned that the SD actually improved the bass on EM3pro. 
It looks to me the SD seems to be more of a bright cable than something that would enhance lows? 
Do you think the S-EM6 would end up sacrificing bass for more treble if I put the Silver Dragon on it?

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #298 of 690
I'm now upgrading from the SM3.

What's the value proposition of the SEM6 vs the EM6 given that price is the same?

I would expect the custom to be better than the universal but there must be a reason for the SEM6 to exist.

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #299 of 690
I'm now upgrading from the SM3.

What's the value proposition of the SEM6 vs the EM6 given that price is the same?

I would expect the custom to be better than the universal but there must be a reason for the SEM6 to exist.

Universal fit but still the isolation is very good. You can sell for higher price if you do not want it any more. You can share it to your friends as well.

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #300 of 690
MusicaAcoustics.com has a Black Friday Sale on the S-EM6 including the Crystal Limited Edition. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back