EarSonics S-EM6 & S-EM6v2 Six driver universal IEM
Nov 15, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #256 of 690
They don't change the sound sig, S-EM6 will stay the same though the change of colour.

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #258 of 690
sounds good.
Im a fan of the SM64, but with a lower impedence on the s-em6 is there any downside?

I guess that makes it more prone to hiss with a poopy source.
Don't quote me on that though :-D

Wasn't that a good part about the SM64? You don't get hiss or whatever background noise from your source because of the high impedance but you could also run them easily with decent volume because of the high sensitivity?
I never had DAP etc. with a non-black background so I can't verify that.

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #259 of 690
Interesting..
When I moved from my SM3 to the SM64, I had to run my RSA Shadow louder. 
This was fine when I'm on the RSA. But there was a considerable volume lost when I connect to lesser amped sources eg. laptop. 
I don't really hear any noticeable hiss on both though. 
I actually had this conception that lower impedance IEMs / headphones will distort more than high imped ones when driven louder. <-- is this true?

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #260 of 690
sounds good.
Im a fan of the SM64, but with a lower impedence on the s-em6 is there any downside?

The sound signatures are very different, so there is also that!

They don't change the sound sig, S-EM6 will stay the same though the change of colour.

Although I find it interesting that the S-EM6 sound signature is different than the EM6.

Interesting..
When I moved from my SM3 to the SM64, I had to run my RSA Shadow louder. 
This was fine when I'm on the RSA. But there was a considerable volume lost when I connect to lesser amped sources eg. laptop. 
I don't really hear any noticeable hiss on both though. 
I actually had this conception that lower impedance IEMs / headphones will distort more than high imped ones when driven louder. <-- is this true?

Some sources will have more difficulty driving higher impedance IEMs, which affects the sound and may affect distortion, but there is no general rule that a higher impedance will distort more at louder volumes.

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #263 of 690
It depends if you want something smooth or something accurate, both are very good for EDM, just question of taste IMO.

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #265 of 690
I agree the S-EM6 might not be the best choice for EDM, but it depends on how you like it.  I personally prefer the SM64 with EDM, and if you haven't read my brief comparison between the SM64 and S-EM6 here, give it a read so you know what you will get.  IMO, EDM is generally better with less midrange forwardness and more overall spaciousness; I am not sure how the 1P2 fits that.

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #267 of 690
I guess what I'm going after here is the "warm" signature of Earsonics, I find it better for EDM, and its none fatiguing. 
Wanted to test the Westone W40 over the weekend but tried the Shure SE846 instead (using default filters), and i find the treble too harsh almost piercing - not as smooth as my SM64 v2.
I then amp the 846 with a Pico Slim, only then did the treble tone down a bit. 846 has quite a bit of slam in the bass dept but doesn't go deep. 

Actually haven't of Tralucent, are they are new in the business?

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #270 of 690
haha im not sure really.
i havent been catching up the audio scene for a while, thought the technology might have advanced when i saw those highend ciems that looked like they were molded off a single piece, couldnt see any seams at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back