EarSonics Onyx
Jun 7, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #121 of 141
It is indeed. It may not meet the exacting standards of today's TOTL mega expensive iem's, but of all of my collection I enjoy the Onyx the most.

It may not be perfect, but it seems to be perfect for me.
Perfect to me too!

Jun 8, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #122 of 141
Stuck the ONYX back in my ears yesterday for a quick session. Major thumbs up. They just have the ability to make your foot tap. Wonderful signature, very musical to my ears.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #123 of 141
Earsonics Onyx for €440 down from €590 thru Monday 6/20 - https://www.earsonics.com/store/produit/onyx/
emoji mind blown 28764344_170x100.gif

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #125 of 141
I wouldn't take that for mine!

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #126 of 141
I just placed an order for the Onyx. My mains are the LX, Reborn, Atlas, and Bravado.
If anyone has experience with these :point_up_2:, will Onyx provide something different?
Thanks!

Jun 19, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #129 of 141
Ok, I pulled the trigger on this one. All the lyric reviews made me curious. I just hope it isn't too dark for me.
Currently using the Oriveti OH300, good subbass, nice mids, airy, but a bit upper midrange/treble glare or thin in the upper registers? Not sure how to describe it.
Now I have to wait (gnarl gnarl, nailbiting). Didn't want to pay 50 euro for 24h delivery. 29 euro standard delivery is already pretty steep. France isn't that far anyway, me thinks, going full Dagobert here.
Go go standard delivery, run faster :deadhorse:

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #130 of 141
I just placed an order for the Onyx. My mains are the LX, Reborn, Atlas, and Bravado.
If anyone has experience with these :point_up_2:, will Onyx provide something different?
Thanks!

Ok, I pulled the trigger on this one. All the lyric reviews made me curious. I just hope it isn't too dark for me.
Currently using the Oriveti OH300, good subbass, nice mids, airy, but a bit upper midrange/treble glare or thin in the upper registers? Not sure how to describe it.
Now I have to wait (gnarl gnarl, nailbiting). Didn't want to pay 50 euro for 24h delivery. 29 euro standard delivery is already pretty steep. France isn't that far anyway, me thinks, going full Dagobert here.

Hmmm... some wise decisions you guys made I do think
Yoda.gif

Re. Onyx vs LX: to my ears the LX (which costs ± 3x as much as Onyx) has a bit more relaxed and V shaped signature overall. Both have superb (sub)lows, but the Onyx delivers better mids imo, where the LX has a slightly wider/holographic (maybe because it's more V shaped?) soundstage. Onyx sounds a bit more dynamic to me compared to LX. Love them both (I luckily have the LX on a loan for quite some time now, thanks to a friend) for what they are though :)

Oh, and please don't forget to give the Onyx (as often mentioned in multiple reviews) some decent burn-in time before you judge it.

Happy listening in advance!

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #131 of 141
Get ready for fun!

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #132 of 141
Nice to see the thread come awake again!

Jun 19, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #133 of 141
Hmmm... some wise decisions you guys made I do think
Yoda.gif

Re. Onyx vs LX: to my ears the LX (which costs ± 3x as much as Onyx) has a bit more relaxed and V shaped signature overall. Both have superb (sub)lows, but the Onyx delivers better mids imo, where the LX has a slightly wider/holographic (maybe because it's more V shaped?) soundstage. Onyx sounds a bit more dynamic to me compared to LX. Love them both (I luckily have the LX on a loan for quite some time now, thanks to a friend) for what they are though :)

Oh, and please don't forget to give the Onyx (as often mentioned in multiple reviews) some decent burn-in time before you judge it.

Happy listening in advance!
Thanks for this!

Jun 20, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #134 of 141
Enjoy...ONYX has an enveloping signature. I put it in my ears this past Saturday and smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back