Earsonics EM4
Feb 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #91 of 95

Quote:
Joe, are you referring to my post comparing the EM4 and the SM3 using “The Ultimate Demonstration Disc", or are you referring to me saying that the: "EM6 just sound so very, very pleasant, like the SM3"? The EM6 is every bit as different from the SM3 as the EM4, but the pleasure the EM6 brings is just beyond my current ability to put into words. I really don't think there was anything wrong with my EM4 (although I could be wrong, it was my only CIEM). I simply think that the EM4 sound signature was too (razor blade) sharp for my taste. At this time, and with my current experience, I can only wholeheartedly recommend the EM6. The level of detail and separation is just... I lack the words. Again I hear and notice things in my album collection that I've never heard before in any headphone or IEM/CIEM that I've listened to.

I am mostly referring to your comparison of the SM3 to the EM4, as there is no competition between my EM4 and SM3, just none.

Here is my comparison from my review:

Saying the EM4 is an upgrade to the SM3 is an understatement as the EM4 is more dynamic, punchy, clear, and has a larger sound stage.  While they both have mid-focused presentations and are both liquid, the treble is significantly increased as well as the amount of bass with the EM4.  The SM3 sounds fairly dull and lacking life compared with the EM4, not to mention somewhat veiled and on the dark side.  The SM3 does nothing better than the EM4, giving the EM4 a decisive knockout punch.

Quote:
Aero, would you say the EM6 has all the plus point of the EM4 (and perhaps even betters them) as well as some plus points of it own?

Per Earsonics, both perform on the same level, but are tuned differently for different audiences.  The EM4 is for audiophiles that want a bright sound and the EM6 for stage musicians that want more headroom, but not the bright sound.  A win-win for the consumer as they have two flavors to choose from!

Quote:

I'll give you a very short, sweet, and honest answer. Yes!

I predict that the EM6 will be crowned king of CIEMs, and will make the competition tremble.

Ha ha!

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #92 of 95

Quote:
Per Earsonics, both perform on the same level, but are tuned differently for different audiences.  The EM4 is for audiophiles that want a bright sound and the EM6 for stage musicians that want more headroom, but not the bright sound.  A win-win for the consumer as they have two flavors to choose from!

Great! More choices! Arrgggh....lol

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #93 of 95

Quote:

I predict that the EM6 will be crowned king of CIEMs, and will make the competition tremble.

Now that certainly would be nice. A change from all the usual suspects.

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #94 of 95
Quote:

Quote:
Joe, are you referring to my post comparing the EM4 and the SM3 using “The Ultimate Demonstration Disc", or are you referring to me saying that the: "EM6 just sound so very, very pleasant, like the SM3"? The EM6 is every bit as different from the SM3 as the EM4, but the pleasure the EM6 brings is just beyond my current ability to put into words. I really don't think there was anything wrong with my EM4 (although I could be wrong, it was my only CIEM). I simply think that the EM4 sound signature was too (razor blade) sharp for my taste. At this time, and with my current experience, I can only wholeheartedly recommend the EM6. The level of detail and separation is just... I lack the words. Again I hear and notice things in my album collection that I've never heard before in any headphone or IEM/CIEM that I've listened to.

I am mostly referring to your comparison of the SM3 to the EM4, as there is no competition between my EM4 and SM3, just none.

Here is my comparison from my review:

Saying the EM4 is an upgrade to the SM3 is an understatement as the EM4 is more dynamic, punchy, clear, and has a larger sound stage.  While they both have mid-focused presentations and are both liquid, the treble is significantly increased as well as the amount of bass with the EM4.  The SM3 sounds fairly dull and lacking life compared with the EM4, not to mention somewhat veiled and on the dark side.  The SM3 does nothing better than the EM4, giving the EM4 a decisive knockout punch.

Quote:
Aero, would you say the EM6 has all the plus point of the EM4 (and perhaps even betters them) as well as some plus points of it own?

Quote:

Ha ha!

[size=medium]I was not putting them up against each other, I was just comparing them so I do agree with you, there's just no competition between them. From a clinical/analytical point of view I suppose every sonic feature of the EM4 bests the SM3. However, from an emotional/musical point of view (which is my sole encompassing goal) I personally enjoy SOME (NOT ALL) sonic aspects of the SM3 more than the EM4.[/size]

[size=medium]Honestly, for ES to state that the difference between the EM4 and EM6 is a matter of "flavor" sounds like a joke to me, or possibly like an attempt get their money back for the development of the EM4.[/size]

Quote:

Quote:

[size=medium]Now, the EM6 arrived today and although I’ve only spent less than an hour with it, I’m going bananas with joy. The EM6 is everything I was hoping for, and so much more. The EM6 outperforms the EM4 in every sound aspect I can think of. The control, sound stage, authenticity, separation, level of detail, and so on, are truly mind blowing. Voices are so real it is uncanny (I lack the words to describe it). I can't believe that I'm actually writing that I'm going to rediscover my album collection again. Also, the EM6 just sound so very, very pleasant, like the SM3 but with so much more refinement in every sound aspect. If someone would have told me the EM6 was twice the cost of the EM4, I would have believed them without as much as a blink. If you are considering the EM4, go for the EM6, it is worth every single cent and more.[/size]

Congrats on your EM6, however my comparison between the EM4 and SM3 was not close, unlike the one you did.  I think there must have been something wrong with your EM4 fit or build and what you are now experiencing is my experience of the EM4 vs. the SM3.  I am glad you are enjoying the EM6, but the EM4 is no slouch.

[size=medium]Again, I definitely agree with you, and I mean that! The EM4 is an amazing piece of sound equipment. It's just that “on the planet where I live” the EM6 play in a different league (that may sound arrogant, but I'm not). The EM6 seems to surpass itself and all other head phones I've ever heard every time I listen to it, something I can't say for the EM4, and it would seem French reviewers agree with me. I must say I'm curious to how you will react the day you will hear the EM6. What an irony it would be if you of all “head-fi bent” people never were to hear the EM6!? Remember, you never know when it's "game over", so don't wait for too long, ok?
smile.gif
[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]There are so many parameters governing how we perceive and describe sound, and one of them being our personal interests and preferences. While you in general are being clinical and precise in your approach and analysis (an audiophile, a lover of sound), I’m more into music and how well the IEM convey the spirit of the music (whatever that is). I wouldn’t be surprised if I’d prefer the EM4 over the EM6 listening to recorded sound of wind in the trees, but I would never listen to recorded sound of wind in the trees. I’m not saying you would either but I’m just trying to get a point across, and it is well meant. Anyway, from this point of view, basically comparing different aspects (and mine being very subjective, I agree) it’s really difficult to agree on which CIEM is the best. Am I making any sense at all!? Conclusively and finally, when it comes to my personal pleasure there is no competition between my EM4 and EM6, just none.
smile.gif
[/size]
[/size]

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #95 of 95
Are there Any users from 2021 who still use the EM4Pro? Need an up to date impression, especially comparing with other ES products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back