Earsonics EM3Pro Impressions and Review thread
Oct 5, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #182 of 191
The EM3 that i tried are not customs, they were the universal demo's.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #183 of 191
I have heard the sm3 in universal form, it is not exactly similar in SQ specially the bass and the em3 sounds better for me specially on loud passages in the music.

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #184 of 191

Quote:
I have heard the sm3 in universal form, it is not exactly similar in SQ specially the bass and the em3 sounds better for me specially on loud passages in the music.

So do you think it uses the same drivers and the better bass response comes from the better fit of the customs?

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #185 of 191
I have both and they use different drivers.  The EM3 Pro is a 2-way design with 2 massive bass drivers while the SM3 is a 3-way design with much smaller drivers.  You can read my comparison in this review.

Quote:
Just found out that the EM3pro matches very well with the old Archos AV500
etysmile.gif

And I found the EM3 Pro to be excellent with the 601; synergy can work wonders!

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #187 of 191
Thanks Joe for the feedback! Checking out your review now.

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #189 of 191
i just got back from watching a small brass ensemble in a concert hall,...

and half the time i was listening I kept thinking "man this sounds like I would expect it sound like coming from em3's". 

it was just the instruments, not PA augmentation of the signal at all.

the sound was warm, and when i closed my eyes, yes i could easily pick out the location of the instruments, but it was pretty close to the em3's, and the presentation was not speaker like at all, which it shouldnt be anyway since it was a live, unaugmented show.

instead the sound wrapped around me as it bounced off the surfaces within the hall, the same way the em3's through out sound.

and the touch of warmth in the em3's,... i heard it during the show too. 

i would love to see if anyone else experienced the say thing,.... maybe i'm just going nuts.

Beside the accuracy can you tell about the soundstage that you hear when you using em3 on classical concert hall, I'm afraid em3 will put me sitting on those musician chair rather than on audience position which I really like.

Dec 25, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #190 of 191
hey man,

unfortunately my stock earsonics cable are damaged so i cant check the classical concert sound for you, but from what i remember, it will sound like you're in the first few rows. the way classical concerts are recorded is very different to rock and pop so you do feel like you are watching and not on stage..... but it depends on the recording. if you really want speaker like presentation, the em3's might make you feel a little too close too the performance. but thats what they're meant to do i reckon as they're designed to be used on stage by the performers.

but if you go to alot of concerts, and good ones in nice spaces, you'll know that what you hear is not exactly speaker L/R presentation,... and the sound bounces off the walls and wraps around you. the em3's will give you this kind of sound, like you're in the perfect spot in the audience.

but it does very much depend on the recording.

em3 + twag 2 eclipse,... so nice, so wide, and in some recordings, where the mics are out in front, you dont feel like you're sitting with the musicians at all.

if you have any specific recordings you'd like me to listen to let me know, and i can tell you whether it feels like i'm on stage of in the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back