Earphones with SQ = > headphones
May 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Akella

100+ Head-Fier
Hello. I did used Sennheiser px100 last time but from now I need to use only earphones. I have tried Sony ex... and this was just a crap. This the worst thing I heard in my life. Drilled treble, no voices.

Is it possible to get from earphone SQ like headphones?

They should be very comfortable too. And if it possible with a mic to iPhone.

I listen to pop, rap, hiphop and dance music.

I really don't want pay much for them but won't buy any crap either.

Was thinking about klipsch x10i but the price is high and don't know would thier SQ like in headphones.

May 24, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 14
Earbud: Yuin PK3/PK2. PK1 only if you're willing to use a portable amp.
IEM: SE215, RE0

With the exception of the SE215, none of these have mics however.

May 24, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 14
Is x10i better than se215? And would the sound of se215 be better than px100?

I need a mic but maybe would choose a better SQ over having mic.

Pk1/pk2 is not for me with their crisp treble. I prefer soft and comfortoble sound.

May 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #8 of 14
Well you have to give us a reference Headphone to try match up IEM's to, Because if you're talking about PX100's, Then most decent IEMs will be better, If you're talking about Gardo PS1000S cans then No chance.

Shure SE215's are very very good from what i read i have never tested them but they seem to be one of the top picks for around $100, If you like sennheiser sound then you might want to look at the upper CX range possible even IE6-7-8 range.

A good place is how much money do you have to spend, Music types you listen to the most, Part of the world you live.

Nat.

May 25, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #9 of 14
natasha. i need earphone with good soundstage and clear voices.

If the most IEM will be better, So what is the cheapest and comfortable one?

May 25, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #10 of 14
How much do you have to spend, Because i would just say Westone UM3X.

Depends on where you are from because you can get Hifiman RE-Zero's in the UK for £50 and they are quite amazing, People compare them to earphones are 3 times the price, The shure Se215's see alot of good reviews, If you can afford better up market IE8's are very good for the type of music you listed, But outside of europe they are more then double the price of the UK, Then their the TFi5 pro's, Although alot of what you buy is what you can get best bang for buck in your country.

Nat

Jun 19, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 14
RE0 is the best you can get for under $100 IMO, if you are OK with a neutral, accurate sound with no colorations. I compared RE0 with many full sized headphones and I would rate it somewhere up there with a DT880 and HD650. Or at the very least an HD595 or K271. They are really that good IMO.

Jun 20, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
Many new owners of the RE0 says that SQ of it is much worse than any fullsized hedaphone, 

In what ways? If you are comparing bass impact and soundstage, than RE0 may be inferior to some of the higher end cans indeed. If you are comparing detail resolution, tonality, clarity, speed, separation, transparency, then RE0 hold its own against cans costing several times as much IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back