Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?
Aug 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 24
Oct 15, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #20 of 24
No.1: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EFD61YW

-angled
-spacious
-large
-GLORIOUSLY SOFT

Been soo long sice i've used stock pads, cannot give changes to sound, will say though, it is a blessing from NVX for its comfort.

I recommend putting flap OVER the silver, fits snuggly like that. if you put in the cut-out for the flap it will be loose, but still fits. although it's also much harder to get it in there.

No.2: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076N9LM2

-not angled
-slightly less spacious
-not breathable (sweating &or hot for long periods of time)
-seal significantly better

Gotta stretch them a bit to get them on, but they weill fit. Take your time getting them on the first time.

These i can say for certain, seal in the low end. Sooo much bass. These were the first replacement pads i've gotten for these. I use interchangeably.

They're gel, so they are still incredibly soft, but in a different way. but also do not breath what so ever.

If you open up the cups and put in a couple layers of high and low density foam in the cups... well these things will become hearing protection. (gun range's 'safety manager' approved with a "Holy ****, yea those block out sound. They're good to go.") Better then ear plugs OR over-ear hearing protection, Almost as good as both of them combined.

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #21 of 24
  No.1: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EFD61YW

-angled
-spacious
-large
-GLORIOUSLY SOFT

Been soo long sice i've used stock pads, cannot give changes to sound, will say though, it is a blessing from NVX for its comfort.

I recommend putting flap OVER the silver, fits snuggly like that. if you put in the cut-out for the flap it will be loose, but still fits. although it's also much harder to get it in there.

No.2: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076N9LM2

-not angled
-slightly less spacious
-not breathable (sweating &or hot for long periods of time)
-seal significantly better

Gotta stretch them a bit to get them on, but they weill fit. Take your time getting them on the first time.

These i can say for certain, seal in the low end. Sooo much bass. These were the first replacement pads i've gotten for these. I use interchangeably.

They're gel, so they are still incredibly soft, but in a different way. but also do not breath what so ever.

If you open up the cups and put in a couple layers of high and low density foam in the cups... well these things will become hearing protection. (gun range's 'safety manager' approved with a "Holy ****, yea those block out sound. They're good to go.") Better then ear plugs OR over-ear hearing protection, Almost as good as both of them combined.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I like the gel pads, but there is no back cloth to cover up the driver?  Most ear pads I see have a backing.  

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #22 of 24
@onitafmw55

The gel pads do NOT have a cloth back cover, so if you do not add anything the driver will be uncovered. If your ears stick out a fair bit, this may be a issue. otherwise, should be fine.

I gotta restate my warning though, the gel pads DO NOT BREATH. if you don't intend to wear the headphones for long sessions, they'll be fine. I originally thought that, "Oh yea i won't have an issue with that.." oh man I was wrong. ears got soo sweaty.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #23 of 24
  @onitafmw55

The gel pads do NOT have a cloth back cover, so if you do not add anything the driver will be uncovered. If your ears stick out a fair bit, this may be a issue. otherwise, should be fine.

I gotta restate my warning though, the gel pads DO NOT BREATH. if you don't intend to wear the headphones for long sessions, they'll be fine. I originally thought that, "Oh yea i won't have an issue with that.." oh man I was wrong. ears got soo sweaty.

ok thanks

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #24 of 24
Anyone have any other ideas for ear pad replacements for these.  I got a official Audio Technica pair of M50x earpads.  It made them more comfortable but what I'm really trying to achieve is getting my ear away from the driver.  Even though the M50x is a bit deeper.  Still not deep enough. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back