"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Mar 6, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #76 of 1,906
Quantity something like Ie8 at lowest or a touch more than Sm3 but quality that outclasses
any iem I have heard. Reaches extremely low and there's even amounts of sub and mid bass.
Huge bass only when the track calls for it.

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #77 of 1,906
It's going to be really interesting to hear comparisons between this and the A3. I'm likely getting one or the other, since I'm looking for a "mid-game" IEM. If/when I get rich, I might get some custom IEM with 234 drivers per side or something, but I want something really awesome that'll last me until then :)

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #78 of 1,906
  It's going to be really interesting to hear comparisons between this and the A3. I'm likely getting one or the other, since I'm looking for a "mid-game" IEM. If/when I get rich, I might get some custom IEM with 234 drivers per side or something, but I want something really awesome that'll last me until then :)

234 drivers per side. That will have to be heavy! :wink:

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #79 of 1,906
  234 drivers per side. That will have to be heavy! :wink:

When I've saved up that kind of money, 234 drivers per side will be the minimum! Everything is moving towards nanotechnology anyway, just wait and see :wink:

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #80 of 1,906

When I've saved up that kind of money, 234 drivers per side will be the minimum! Everything is moving towards nanotechnology anyway, just wait and see :wink:

I know the technology changes exponentially, but I don't think that more drivers will be the way we will achieve the perfect sound. 
But I believe that in 30 years we will not have to put anything in our ears. At that time we will be able to create the sound, just by manipulating our brains through nanotechnology. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #81 of 1,906
biggrin.gif
The COUNTDOWN begins..... My mail usually gets here between 12--2:30. On the Truck are my Shockwave III.

Happy Dance, Happy Dance.

My LZA3 have cleared China Sort which means they should be in Chicago around Weds./ Thursday. I don't think I can stand the suspense.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #82 of 1,906

biggrin.gif
The COUNTDOWN begins..... My mail usually gets here between 12--2:30. On the Truck are my Shockwave III.

My LZA3 have cleared China Sort which means they should be in Chicago around Weds./ Thursday. I don't think I can stand the suspense.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

It's going to be really interesting to hear your opinions on both, and a comparison between them :)

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #83 of 1,906

It's going to be really interesting to hear your opinions on both, and a comparison between them :)

cool.gif
My personal opinion before they get here? I don't believe there is really going to be any Comparison. The LZA3 is going to be a Great Earphone, HOWEVER, the Shockwave is an END GAME earphone.

Just what I think for now. We shall see.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #85 of 1,906

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #86 of 1,906

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Also pulled the plug (plunge) and sprung for the Mr.Z Shock Wave IIIs from Easy.
Hopefully my wait will be short, as Easy Earphone usually ships their stuff fast to USA.
In the meantime, I've got a good arsenal of stuff to play with.
Will post my opinions here soon.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #87 of 1,906
Also pulled the plug (plunge) and sprung for the Mr.Z Shock Wave IIIs from Easy.
Hopefully my wait will be short, as Easy Earphone usually ships their stuff fast to USA.
In the meantime, I've got a good arsenal of stuff to play with.
Will post my opinions here soon.

Absolutely. Welcome to a fairly Elite (corksniff) group.:grinning:

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #88 of 1,906
 They Have arrived. They have all ready been sent to the burner.  My first impressions: WOW. They are Smaller and Lighter than I expected. On Initial listen, IMO, THESE ARE AUDIOPHILE EARPHONES. Very HI-FI sounding. Skullophile nailed it.  Surprisingly to my ears they don't sound as BIG as the TK12, BUT they are infinitely more refined. The Bass is extended but very balanced and controlled as are all of the frequencies. I only listened to them rolling tips for about 10-15 minutes to determine a few details. I really didn't pick up on much sibilance on anything I listened to, (but that could be the material), with stock small bore Large tips. I settled on the Large wide bore Auvios as they sounded a tad less treble emphasized. The main thing, and I expected this, is a certain "Tightness" as though the components want to work and "Cut Loose" but aren't relaxed enough to give their full potential. BURN IN WILL CURE THIS. I've heard this before. Particularly in Sennheiser IE8 's.

I listened to several tracks: John Mayer's "Clarity"  for over all presentation and Sound Quality, (His recording is quite well-engineered),  Both versions of Christina Novelli's "Concrete Angel" for both Bass tightness and Treble extension also female vocals which were superb BTW,  and finally:  Mick Jagger's solo, "Dancing In the Starlight" for Bass extension, male vocals, and Micro Details.

I think this may be an END-GAME IEM. It sounds Superb OOTB and this is on a Quick impression without any break in at all.

I will give an Update in 30 to 50 hours. But I think it will meet all of my expectations.

Here is a link to the Seller:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-MrZ-Tomahawk-Music-Maker-III-5-Units-4-BA-With-DD-In-Ear-Earphone/32609950666.html

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #89 of 1,906
Oh man...keep up the hype, Twin- I have at least another week to wait :D

Mar 7, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #90 of 1,906
 They Have arrived. They have all ready been sent to the burner.  My first impressions: WOW. They are Smaller and Lighter than I expected. On Initial listen, IMO, THESE ARE AUDIOPHILE EARPHONES. Very HI-FI sounding. Skullophile nailed it.  Surprisingly to my ears they don't sound as BIG as the TK12, BUT they are infinitely more refined. The Bass is extended but very balanced and controlled as are all of the frequencies. I only listened to them rolling tips for about 10-15 minutes to determine a few details. I really didn't pick up on much sibilance on anything I listened to, (but that could be the material), with stock small bore Large tips. I settled on the Large wide bore Auvios as they sounded a tad less treble emphasized. The main thing, and I expected this, is a certain "Tightness" as though the components want to work and "Cut Loose" but aren't relaxed enough to give their full potential. BURN IN WILL CURE THIS. I've heard this before. Particularly in Sennheiser IE8 's.

I listened to several tracks: John Mayer's "Clarity"  for over all presentation and Sound Quality, (His recording is quite well-engineered),  Both versions of Christina Novelli's "Concrete Angel" for both Bass tightness and Treble extension also female vocals which were superb BTW,  and finally:  Mick Jagger's solo, "Dancing In the Starlight" for Bass extension, male vocals, and Micro Details.

I think this may be an END-GAME IEM. It sounds Superb OOTB and this is on a Quick impression without any break in at all.

I will give an Update in 30 to 50 hours. But I think it will meet all of my expectations.

Here is a link to the Seller:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-MrZ-Tomahawk-Music-Maker-III-5-Units-4-BA-With-DD-In-Ear-Earphone/32609950666.html

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

So buying these along side tk12 would be a wise decision?
Just let us know how these compare against lz a3 when you receive them.

Thanks happy listening..
Vishal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back