E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10
Dec 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:
It is $102 USD. 

So does the E7 act as a headphone amplifier too when using it as a DAC? If so, then why is there a bundle suggestion for the E09K?

As the more powerful E09K (amplifier wise) does not come with a DAC feature, the E07K can easy dock to the E09K, allowing the E09K to take advantage of the E07Ks DAC.
So you use the E07K/E09K for a desktop connection and can then use the E07K on it's own for traveling.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:
Hi , This Is the Fiio E07K 
http://store.treoo.com/index.php/main/fiio-e07k-andes-portable-headphone-amplifier-usb-dac.html

Its $99 Singapore Dollars . If Converted To US Dollars , It Should Be Cheap . Shipping Price To The States or UK im not sure .. But Its Def Worth Getting The Fiio E07K . Since You Can use it with your Mac As A DAC .

hmm how did you get the $99 price.
may get this when I return to Singapore next month

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 32
Well i think i saw it wrongly  , my bad :frowning2: But Its still cheap if converted to US Dollars or British Pounds. 

By the way , the E07 is a strong amp , which you can use it both with pc and portable headphone amp . 
I would not look into the E07 as a "Portable amp" personally cause of the size , but who knows , its still a powerfull amp .

Theres the Digizoid ZO2 which i prefer over all of the amp you guys suggested .The ZO2 can be purchase of their website for 119USD with free shipping worldwide . ZO2 provided a much cleaner sound and also as a bass boost . 1 button does everything in ZO2 . Again  it can be look 2 ways from people opinion . 

Another good amp is the SoundMagic A10 . These amp provides a warm sound for your music . Its size is like the Fiio E11 but shorter .
Well everything is up to you to get which one . I would suggest you find the best price for the amp you want . Search on Amazon ebay or anyother website first.  :D

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #19 of 32
Ok, but the E7 apparently sounds like crap when used 3.5mm from source to it correct? I have a clip zip so portability wise it wouldn't work due to that. How worth it is having the DAC functionality of the E7? I'm reading up on the SoundMagic 10, looks like its gonna come down to that or the E11.

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #20 of 32
FiiO is leaving us spoilt for choice.
the E07K is indeed tempting.. but not too wallet friendly..

considered the SoundMagic as well.
what I really like is the two channel output.. but I guess nothing an audio splitter can't solve right?

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #21 of 32
From a bunch of reading I just did the E11 seems to def be a step above my E6 and will actually improve the sound. I have Klipsch Image S4 (18ohm), M50s (32ohm) and on the way are thinksound Rain (16ohm), they say the S4's and M50's don't need any amping but when amping my S4's I was able to hear quiet piano notes that I couldn't hear unamped, haven't truly tested with the M50's but another person who has said the E6 really throws off the balance of them even on Flat and the E11 doesn't do this. 

Well lowest price I can find for a true legit E11 is $59.99 but it is pretty damn big. Soundmagic A10 I can't even find a retailer for it. I'm gonna start really reading up on the ZO2 and find comparison threads against the E11

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #22 of 32
Yes . The M50 does not need an amp to perform . But if you can really hear your music , theres a kind of hisslings and buzzing background noise which kind of irritates some people. 

An amp like the ZO2 cleans up the background hissling noise and give the music a clear and crips sound. I have the Sansa Clip Plus with rockbox installed . What the Rockbox gave me is the Treble + Bass Boost. I can adjust the amount of bass i want and the amount of treble too , but i did not give me a much cleaner sound . I wanted a crystal clear sound . Obviously the Fiio E6 is not worth getting as my Clip Plus have already  bass boost . Fiio E11 is worth getting too , but it still does not really clean up the sound quality and it is Honestly freaking big alongside with my sansa Clip Plus although looking at the price point the Fiio E11 is Worth Getting .The Digizoid might break your bank but its small , portable , sound quality is amazing and its worth every single penny that you will spend. The Fiio E7 is also Worth , its a strong amp but its freaking huge too . I do not want to carry an amp bigger than my Sansa Clip Plus.

Lurk , since you have sansa clip , go install rockbox to be able to adjust the amount of bass you want and also treble. If you need an amp , the ZO2 is the one that you might wanna look at since its very small and portable .

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #23 of 32
Already rockboxed, I leave everything Flat since I mainly use it in my car via AUX (so I use my headunit to adjust my bass/mid/treble) and use it when I go to the gym (rarely) lol and I use it with the Klipsch. I actually have turn the volume down on the Clip to -5db or else they will hurt my ears. 

I'll have to do more listening with my E6 and my M50, but what I find is strange is that the S4s are lower ohm so they should take less to drive than my M50s but like I said I could clearly tell the other night unamped I couldn't hear the quiet piano notes, put them on the E6 and the volume level wasn't too much louder but I could clearly hear them. This being through my laptop with the volume maxed. I'll have to test the S4s on my Clip, no-amp and amped to see if its the same as through my laptop, can probably stick it out with the S4's with the Clip and use the E6 if I feel it gives a greater sound. The 

I guess I actually am looking for an amp more so for cleaner sound than portability since it will most likely be driving my M50's, probably my thinksound Rains once I see how they sound with or without. Retract my previous statement and say E7 or ZO2, with the added feature of the ZO2 being portable not only for size but b/c the E7 is worthless when not being used as a DAC amp? The Digizoid is about $40 more since I can get it through Amazon from Huppins who is an authorized Digizoid dealer for $100 instead of the full retail of $120, is it worth that extra money compared to the E7?

Also didn't mean to thread jack but this thread is right on par with what I've been debating! haha

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #25 of 32
More looking into the different amps, its coming down to either the E07K for the DAC functionality since it will be used with my laptop at home OR go with the more expensive iBasso D-Zero since it is AMP/DAC too

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:
More looking into the different amps, its coming down to either the E07K for the DAC functionality since it will be used with my laptop at home OR go with the more expensive iBasso D-Zero since it is AMP/DAC too

Never mind.

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:
The Fiio E07K is a DAC & headphone amplifier.
It seems that external DACs with a headphone amplifier (or without head amp), will still just be referred to as a "DAC".

I'm getting kinda confused. How would you use the E07K/E7/E17 with a TV/PlayStation 3?

I'm hoping to just hook them up to output to two headphones for night/quiet movie watching

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #30 of 32
I ordered the E07K, should be here by Thursday

I chose the E07K because its the same functionality off the iBasso but for a lot less and the digital screen will be easier for me to gauge the different volumes between my gear, i.e. my M50's, S4's & thinksound Rains. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back