E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
Sep 19, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #1,276 of 1,326
Has anyone else found the E11 not that good of a match with the M50?
Maybe a slightly warm sounding headphone + amp is a very bad idea..
Switched to my even less powerful Nuforce Mobile and it was like a night and day improvement.
No, I'm not say anything negative about the E11..just that maybe it's not as good for specific headphones.

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #1,277 of 1,326
i found the e11 to be quite transparent on the 0 EQ setting. im using it to power srh940s off an ipod classic.

Quote:
Switched to my even less powerful Nuforce Mobile and it was like a night and day improvement.
No, I'm not say anything negative about the E11..just that maybe it's not as good for specific headphones.

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #1,278 of 1,326

Quote:

Try high gain but on equaliser 0 or 1. Or try Low gain on equaliser 1. Don't use equaliser 2 as the M50's are already boomy.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #1,281 of 1,326
I'm looking for a portable device to drive my headphones (Porta pro, HD-555, Superlux HD-668) in price range ~70 euros. So is there any other amps to consider in that price? And because I will be using Fiio e11 or any other device only with iPhone, I wont need a DAC, right?

Never mind, I already ordered Fiio E11...

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #1,282 of 1,326
Quote:
Just bit on an E11. Should be here within 48 hours :)

Will report back.

First off I know I'm quoting myself but my E11 arrived today and I wanted to update.

If I could just put everything in caps lock, I would at this moment in time.

At 0 EQ and Low Gain, my Mi-1's sound like an entirely new IEM... there's more clarity, more body and the bass actually comes out now. IT'S @%&$ing AMAZING. I know my Mi-1's were custom tuned to my preference by Minerva (I cannot thank Lee enough for his support there) and the highs and mids are of RE-ZERO feel and quality.... Within Temptation's Forgiven is like the musical equivalent of an orgasm.

Alright, so I've only listened to two songs but I'm blown away.

Simple questions: How do I find out what settings for Gain and the Equaliser suit me best? Listen, play around and leave it at what I enjoy the most?

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #1,287 of 1,326

Quote:
Is the E11 a good pairing with the Turbine Pro Coppers?

They are okay, nothing particularly great in synergy. Then again, MTPC is fairly easy to drive and I don't think it needs extra amping.

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #1,289 of 1,326
I don't think it has much to do with Fuze ability to drive MTPC at low volume. Some IEM are just better at high volume while others are better at low volume.

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #1,290 of 1,326
I'm considering an E11 with the L9 Line Out cable to pair with my ipod touch. I will use them with either my Denon AH-C 751s for mobile use, [size=x-small]or at home with my AKG 501 or a pair of 701s would this be a good set up or should I consider something else? [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back