E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
May 26, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #1,096 of 1,326

Quote:
Thanks for hooking us up with the information that Micca Store had them in stock. If it were not for your post, I wouldn't have been a benefactor of this first batch. 
tongue_smile.gif

I live to serve the community 

*shuffles away like Igor from Young Frankenstein 

May 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #1,103 of 1,326
Just received my E11 from Micca in the mail! OMG the E11 got my IPhone4 paired with my Denon 2000 sounding totally different. I swear the bass in this thing is crazy! My IP4 is easily 2 to 3 times louder than it's ever been. Put me down as a happy E11 customer.

May 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #1,104 of 1,326
Does it matter which gain I use? I have UE 700s which are low impedance and higher on the sensitivity. Would setting it on high gain improve my sound quality? As far as I can tell it def. gives it a boost in volume.

May 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #1,105 of 1,326

Quote:
Does it matter which gain I use? I have UE 700s which are low impedance and higher on the sensitivity. Would setting it on high gain improve my sound quality? As far as I can tell it def. gives it a boost in volume.

If you can tell a difference between high and low gain, uses low gain.

May 27, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #1,106 of 1,326

Quote:
Just received my E11 from Micca in the mail! OMG the E11 got my IPhone4 paired with my Denon 2000 sounding totally different. I swear the bass in this thing is crazy! My IP4 is easily 2 to 3 times louder than it's ever been. Put me down as a happy E11 customer.

Yes, it's quite unbelievable what such an amp such as the $60 E11 will do for a pair of headphones.  Imagine all of the headphone trading and upgrades that may have occurred because people were probably not supplying their headphones with the right amount of power and current.  With that being said, we have a new "economical" baseline to use for judging our headphone purchases - and the performance that the headphones are capable of providing.  Before the FioO E11, I could have easily dropped another $500 - 600 in my next pair of headphones for that extra bit of gain.  Now, the proper amp takes the existing headphones and redefines the capabilities.  The result?  I probably won't make that big headphone jump right away.  However, now I just have to wonder how much that leap would sound with the E11 ?   Hmm ...

I guess I should start saving more for a regular non-portable headphone amp.  I'd like to see what a $500 Schiit would do for my listening pleasure.  I hope it would be da Schiit.

Jun 4, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #1,110 of 1,326
I've switched to low power mode and hi gain. Using an Ipod touch 3 with vinyl transcriptions from LP12/ARO/Troika etc to a Nagra VI at 16/48 wav. With my effecient IEMs, lo power is not as heavy and preferred for me. I'll try with some K701s next week to see which power position I prefer there. Hi gain is always better for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back