E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
Mar 6, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #571 of 1,326
frown.gif
....Just kidding!  Definitely take the time needed to make sure your newest product is fully ready for production. 

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #573 of 1,326

Quote:
Hopefully I will get a beta unit for testing. I won't expect it to beat 3MOVE or Stepdance for the asking price, but if it can measure up to or surpass T3D, it would have been a major step forward for FiiO current line-up.

Glad you are getting one Tai. That's exactly what I'm waiting for. T3 vs. E11 winner gets my $$$. Some people mention the Arrow which is a bit too much to ask but if somehow the E11 is in between the T3/T3D and the Arrow that would be a real big win for FiiO.

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #574 of 1,326

Quote:
Glad you are getting one Tai. That's exactly what I'm waiting for. T3 vs. E11 winner gets my $$$. Some people mention the Arrow which is a bit too much to ask but if somehow the E11 is in between the T3/T3D and the Arrow that would be a real big win for FiiO.

The target needs to be closer to the Arrow to have a winner IMO.  Being on par w/ the T3D is not enough for the success of this product IMO.  Given the choice people would go for the size advantage I would think.  Though cost will be a big determining factor also.  Obviously the E11 will never compete w/ the Arrow for size and versatility but if it can get close sound wise then I think that is what every one is hoping for.

Take your time w/ the GSM issue.  That's a big deal.

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #575 of 1,326
Quote:
Take your time w/ the GSM issue.  That's a big deal.

I prefer having the GSM issue.  How else am I going to notice if I'm getting a call?

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #576 of 1,326

[size=medium]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The target needs to be the Arrow to have a winner IMO.  Being on par w/ the T3D is not enough for the success of this product IMO.

It's going less than a quarter of the price, this product doesn't want to be the best, but rather the best for the money.  There are plenty of companies that follow this mantra.  If anything, I welcome a GSM friendly amp exceeds what's expected of it at it's price category.

To say that it has to beat or meet the Arrow is an unrealistic expectation for a product with an expected MSRP of 60 USD.

[/size]

Quote:
I prefer having the GSM issue.  How else am I going to notice if I'm getting a call?

I don't.  It messes up the music, besides, isn't why we have ringtones?

I'm not sure what phone you have, but every phone I've ever had will interrupt the song with the ringtone.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #577 of 1,326
About the GSM:
I suspect that the GSM shielding is in reference to the interference that's caused by cell phones obtaining a signal. Try leaving your phone next to a regular set of computer speakers, and you'll eventually hear some interference when it's trying to get a signal, and definitely when you get a call (sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1mlponX_jw&feature=related).

And roker is right about cell phones stopping music - most of them will stop the music/play the ringtone through the headphones when called.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #578 of 1,326
Quote:
I don't.  It messed up the music, besides, isn't why we have ringtones?

I'm not sure what phone you have, but every phone I've ever had will interrupt the song with the ringtone.

Because my phone isn't DAP and I wouldn't want it to be.

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #579 of 1,326

Quote:
Because my phone isn't DAP and I wouldn't want it to be.

I think you're confusing what we mean by the blocking of GSM signals.  Fiio is trying to shield it from the amp not from the phone itself.  So you're phone will still get phone calls and such while the music being sent to the amp will be shielded from the interference caused by said signals.

The last thing you want is GSM signal interference in your music.  It's really loud buzzing and/or beeping type noises.

Nobody would want that in their music.

BTW, what kind of phone do you own?

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #580 of 1,326
I've got an old 1st gen GSM Razr because I hate "smartphones" and yes I do want to hear that buzzing in my SE530s.  Like I said earlier, its how I know when someone is calling me.  I can't make the ringtone any louder without breaking the speaker (I've "hacked" it and increased the max volume), and the tinny HF that any speaker small enough to fit in a cell phone will produce is quite easily blocked by my IEMs, even if I'm playing music rather quietly.  Without that buzz when the phone is receiving a call I'm quite likely to not notice the damn thing ringing!

I understand that not everyone prefers this, especially those who use a smartphone as their DAP (because as you say, they don't need this unintentional feature), but I was just chiming in with an alternate view, not demanding that Fiio do something "'cuz I said so."

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #581 of 1,326

Quote:
I've got an old 1st gen GSM Razr because I hate "smartphones" and yes I do want to hear that buzzing in my SE530s.  Like I said earlier, its how I know when someone is calling me.  I can't make the ringtone any louder without breaking the speaker (I've "hacked" it and increased the max volume), and the tinny HF that any speaker small enough to fit in a cell phone will produce is quite easily blocked by my IEMs, even if I'm playing music rather quietly.  Without that buzz when the phone is receiving a call I'm quite likely to not notice the damn thing ringing!

I understand that not everyone prefers this, especially those who use a smartphone as their DAP (because as you say, they don't need this unintentional feature), but I was just chiming in with an alternate view, not demanding that Fiio do something "'cuz I said so."

And vibration mode doesn't solve this problem how?  Or do you routinely listen with your amp and phone out of your pocket and stacked on each other just so you can hear the interference but not feel any vibrations?

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #582 of 1,326
Often it gets lodged in my pocket in such a way that I don't feel the vibrations.  (Just ignore the double entendres...)  OTOH If my phone is within 10 feet or so of my amp (Total Bithead w/ SE530s) I always know when someone is calling me.

Is that why you guys aren't getting it?  They don't have to be right on top of each other.  Anywhere in the same room will do.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #583 of 1,326
With a device that has enough radiation to rumor that will cause brain cancer, I don't think you can totally shield the interference from cellphone to the amp when in close proximity - as long as the noise is reasonably low, I personally don't mind too much.

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #584 of 1,326
Well in most cases I agree with you. But while I am at work that noise interference is a life saver. I can continue to listen to my music and just in case I get a call on my nextel it will cut the signal to my music for  a second, making it very apparent I am getting a call. Otherwise I could miss my call and get in trouble or miss a code 200 (very important for me to respond to those). In that case I will use my E7 while at work and use the E11 everywhere else.
Quote:

I think you're confusing what we mean by the blocking of GSM signals.  Fiio is trying to shield it from the amp not from the phone itself.  So you're phone will still get phone calls and such while the music being sent to the amp will be shielded from the interference caused by said signals.

The last thing you want is GSM signal interference in your music.  It's really loud buzzing and/or beeping type noises.

Nobody would want that in their music.

BTW, what kind of phone do you own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back