E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
Mar 7, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #586 of 1,326

Quote:
The target needs to be the Arrow to have a winner IMO.  Being on par w/ the T3D is not enough for the success of this product IMO.  Given the choice people would go for the size advantage I would think.  Though cost will be a big determining factor also.  Obviously the E11 will never compete w/ the Arrow for size and versatility but if it can get close sound wise then I think that is what every one is hoping for.

Take your time w/ the GSM issue.  That's a big deal.

Lol are you kidding me? Unrealistic expectations much? You want this portable amp for $60 to beat a $300 portable amp? I'd be extremely happy if this beats the T3 / T3D and I'm sure the vast majority of people on here would agree that it's already a winner if it comes close to the performance or exceeds the performance of the T3 / T3D. 

Anaxilus that has gotta be the most ridiculous thing I've heard on this thread so far.  I do hope it can compete with the arrow but am I expecting it to for the price? Nope.  The thing is half the price of the T3 / T3D and if it can compete with that then it's already a winner.  However if it can compete with the arrow then we have ourselves a true game changer. 

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #587 of 1,326

Quote:
Often it gets lodged in my pocket in such a way that I don't feel the vibrations.  (Just ignore the double entendres...)  OTOH If my phone is within 10 feet or so of my amp (Total Bithead w/ SE530s) I always know when someone is calling me.

Is that why you guys aren't getting it?  They don't have to be right on top of each other.  Anywhere in the same room will do.

you could try getting a bluetooth watch or bracelet, i use a watch myself and its a godsend

Mar 7, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #588 of 1,326
I didn't know they made those.  I may get one if I end up with an interference free amp sometime in the future.

Mar 7, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #589 of 1,326

Quote:

[size=medium] It's going less than a quarter of the price, this product doesn't want to be the best, but rather the best for the money.  There are plenty of companies that follow this mantra.  If anything, I welcome a GSM friendly amp exceeds what's expected of it at it's price category.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] To say that it has to beat or meet the Arrow is an unrealistic expectation for a product with an expected MSRP of 60 USD.[/size]

Woops!  Just saw I forgot to add the words 'close to' in my post.  Lol, big difference.  So 'it needs to be close to the Arrow' rather than 'it needs to be the Arrow'.  Hehe.

Mar 7, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #590 of 1,326

Quote:
Lol are you kidding me? Unrealistic expectations much? You want this portable amp for $60 to beat a $300 portable amp? I'd be extremely happy if this beats the T3 / T3D and I'm sure the vast majority of people on here would agree that it's already a winner if it comes close to the performance or exceeds the performance of the T3 / T3D. 

Anaxilus that has gotta be the most ridiculous thing I've heard on this thread so far.  I do hope it can compete with the arrow but am I expecting it to for the price? Nope.  The thing is half the price of the T3 / T3D and if it can compete with that then it's already a winner.  However if it can compete with the arrow then we have ourselves a true game changer. 

Yeah yeah, explained above, my bad.

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #591 of 1,326
If it even comes close to the T3 then it'd probably be the "best bang for your buck" amp.  I'd gladly replace my T3 since it would match better size wise with the fuze

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #592 of 1,326

Quote:
If it even comes close to the T3 then it'd probably be the "best bang for your buck" amp.  I'd gladly replace my T3 since it would match better size wise with the fuze

My concern w/ the T3 as a benchmark is that I've read many saying the T3 isn't really much an improvement and is as much a coloration rather than a neutral amp.  I've noticed many T3 owners that claim to love it also say they prefer to listen most often from HO on their DAPs as well which I find intriguing.  So from my reading the T3 is not really the desired target.  Not to mention the hardware implementation suggests the Arrow is more likely the target signature which I think is fitting.  No reason a $60 amp only has to aim for the T3 when it shares hardware w/ the Arrow.  Let's not underachieve ok.  
wink_face.gif

Mar 7, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #593 of 1,326

Quote:
My concern w/ the T3 as a benchmark is that I've read many saying the T3 isn't really much an improvement and is as much a coloration rather than a neutral amp.  I've noticed many T3 owners that claim to love it also say they prefer to listen most often from HO on their DAPs as well which I find intriguing.  So from my reading the T3 is not really the desired target.  Not to mention the hardware implementation suggests the Arrow is more likely the target signature which I think is fitting.  No reason a $60 amp only has to aim for the T3 when it shares hardware w/ the Arrow.  Let's not underachieve ok.  
wink_face.gif

The T3 was always the amp that was just passed between whatever DAP i decided to use that day.  And for a while i used it with fiio's lod for the fuze but hated the extra wire length on their lods so i want back to HO.  Currently trying to work something out with craig for a low profile lod.  the thing i loved about the t3, was that no matter what dap i paired it with be it a nano, fuze, zune hd, zune....it worked for me.  maybe it was my first amp and it'll always have a special place it...haha.  

If the e11 sounded like the arrow..... then the T3 might have to give up that special place.  haha

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #595 of 1,326
Wow $300 dollars for a portable amp lol. That sure would be amazing if this E11 could even compare to that. If so Fiio will really be hurting these companies who are clearly taking advantage of the market and charging whatever they want due to lack of competition. Maybe Fiio could be what ATI is to Nvidia rip off products (they drove Nvidia bottom line way down and forced them to start selling their products at a reasonable price).

Quote:

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #596 of 1,326

Quote:
Wow $300 dollars for a portable amp lol. That sure would be amazing if this E11 could even compare to that. If so Fiio will really be hurting these companies who are clearly taking advantage of the market and charging whatever they want due to lack of competition.

The Arrow isn't a ripoff IMO.  Even if the E11 sounded exactly like the Arrow it would lose out in a ton of other areas.  Form factor, driving power, voltage adaptability, auto on/off, crossfeed, superb bass boost, battery life, impedance adapter, dual HO, dual Line-in, build quality, continuous upgrades and refinements w/ minimal charges.  There's a lot of audio products that could fit your argument well.  The Arrow isn't of them and mine wasn't $300 at the time either.  
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #598 of 1,326

In portable amp size is what speaks first. So yes in order for Fiio E11 has to be compared to the reference amp of its size category whether it is fair or not! And in Fiio E11 size the arrow is considered to be the 'reference' amp.
Isnt that what "reference" items are used for?
Sound is the next critical thing when it comes to portable amp in my opinion. After sound it is the price.
Quote:

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #600 of 1,326

Quote:
In portable amp size is what speaks first. So yes in order for Fiio E11 has to be compared to the reference amp of its size category whether it is fair or not! And in Fiio E11 size the arrow is considered to be the 'reference' amp.
Isnt that what "reference" items are used for?
Sound is the next critical thing when it comes to portable amp in my opinion. After sound it is the price.

I don't think that priority hierarchy works for everyone...you'd be surprised at what people consider "portable". Same with pricing being last; if you're on a budget, then it's going to be the first thing on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back