E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
Feb 18, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #392 of 1,326
Quote:
vocals dry, what does he mean?

Perhaps it is related to fullness. Generally the mid needs to be slightly full to feel the sweetness in vocal.

Quote:
Thanks Tai! I had guessed you will help to translate the chinese to english! LOL! Great translation!

wink.gif

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #394 of 1,326
Quote:
so the vocals are harsh?

If it is a headphone, that will be a valid assumption. But an amp doesn't really has headphone-like peak-and-valley frequency response so it is more about coloration and harmonic rather than being harsh.

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #396 of 1,326
Any word on the bass boost on the E11 compared to the E7 on highest setting? I'm trying to decide which I should get for my iPod and my biggest priority is to get the most thump. I suppose I might just have to wait until one can do a side by side comparison though.

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #399 of 1,326
I am of the ilk that when a can is powered properly, the amp doesn't change the sound quality much.

Is this a valid opinion?

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #400 of 1,326
If by properly you mean, basically, comparable total/rms output power and current/dynamic power, then pretty much. Although I imagine a valve and solid state amp with comparable specs the former will have a markedly different frequency response.

Quote:
I am of the ilk that when a can is powered properly, the amp doesn't change the sound quality much.

Is this a valid opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back