E10, new USB DAC ( updated with photos of real E10 )
Oct 27, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #376 of 541

Quote:
That's getting a little ridiculous.. as good as the E10 is, and it is good, I can't see it even approaching the Benchmark.
In my 'real world' comparisons..
FiiO E10 << Matrix Mini-i <<<< PS Audio DLIII (from a DAC perspective)
What I did was hook them all up to my home theatre system (running in 2 channel mode) Rotel 15xx series electronics with Martin Logan speakers.. this definitely revealed the differences..
As much as I love the E10, you have to put it into perspective.. it's an amazingly good product for the money, but not a giant killer.. not even a mid-fi killer.

fotm time :p I think products like these which target those who do not want to spend much for good quality may have consumers who do not have much experience with good gear so that is part of it. However the E10 is a quality product that many people including myself will like a lot. It is not in the same league as my other 2 dac's but at the price it goes for there is a lot going for the E10.

Oct 27, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #377 of 541
Absolutely agree.. I love my E10, especially with the HD25's but to say that it can compete with a Benchmark DAC baffles me.  The E10 is a great solid product and probably performs well above it's price range.. bit it's still a Mazda, not a Porsche.

Quote:
fotm time :p I think products like these which target those who do not want to spend much for good quality may have consumers who do not have much experience with good gear so that is part of it. However the E10 is a quality product that many people including myself will like a lot. It is not in the same league as my other 2 dac's but at the price it goes for there is a lot going for the E10.

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #379 of 541
Hey guys, got a quick question....how do I know if Fiio E10 is receiving 24bit from foobar when I play a 24/96 file? I can't set output format in output settings, it says it will be chosen automatically....

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #380 of 541
Get ASIO4ALL and set it to 24/96 (should be default) in FooBar ASIO setting than it will be 24/96.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #382 of 541
Sorry for the re-post, just found out that Advanced MP3 Players.co.uk sells the Fiio E10.
Any feedback on this webstore?

By the way, do you think a Fiio E10 will sound better with the Sennheiser HD555 Headphones, opposing to an external sound card, the Creative Labs live 24 bit external?

Best regards

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #383 of 541
Take a look at eBay.de/eBay.co.uk (where I bought mine) or Amazon.co.uk... 
wink.gif

Quote:
Do any of you knows where to get a Fiio E10 in Europe (online shop) ?

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #387 of 541
And what about people who got it, are you happy with the results?

Only for music listening, what do you think of an audio interface like the http://line6.com/podstudioux1/record.html, versus a FIIO E10? I looked it up on the internet and it seems the Line 6 interface does the DAC and the Headphone amp bit, with the guitar and mic inputs as a very attractive addon (for me at least).

Thanks for your feedback!

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #388 of 541
Well, when I bought mine, 1 month ago, I could find it at Amazon.co.uk, eBay.de and eBay.co.uk, being the cheapest at eBay.co.uk. I guess they just ran out of stock everywhere, due to the high demand on that first batch... 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
It's strange because it doesn't show up on ebay's search...

Quote:
Neither on amazon, well http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E10-multifunctional-Headphone-high-quality/dp/B005VO7LG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320968395&sr=8-1

I guess the stock is still too low, keep on searching from time to time.

I'm more than happy with mine, considering the price and sound quality. Size and portability are also a plus... 
wink.gif

About the other product you posted, I really doubt it can match he E10 in sound quality and amp power, but it's a completly different product, which makes it difficult to compare them.

Quote:
And what about people who got it, are you happy with the results?

Only for music listening, what do you think of an audio interface like the http://line6.com/podstudioux1/record.html, versus a FIIO E10? I looked it up on the internet and it seems the Line 6 interface does the DAC and the Headphone amp bit, with the guitar and mic inputs as a very attractive addon (for me at least).

Thanks for your feedback!

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #390 of 541
Thanks for the replys!

Anyway, if only I could experiment with both equipments before buying.
Or even just take a look at the DAC and AMP specs of the Line 6 UX1, and compare them with the FIIO E10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back