E 10 disappointment
Jul 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TeeZee

New Head-Fier
Based on some reviews I read on this site, I bought some Soundmagic E10s from MP4nation. After waiting 2 weeks they just arrived and they are awful. There is obviously something wrong with them. The sound is terrible and on some songs vocals are nonexistent. Now I have the pain in the ***** of sending them all the way back to Singapore from Canada. Anyone else have this problem?

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Based on some reviews I read on this site, I bought some Soundmagic E10s from MP4nation. After waiting 2 weeks they just arrived and they are awful. There is obviously something wrong with them. The sound is terrible and on some songs vocals are nonexistent. Now I have the pain in the ***** of sending them all the way back to Singapore from Canada. Anyone else have this problem?

Buying from Singapore is a bit fishy? Were they authorized SoundMagic dealers?

I had the PL11's and the review is in the bottom, the bass was heavy but the vocals were clearly there.

Anyway,

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"

http://www.soundmagic.com.cn/en/Distribution/Details_38.html

Read this, SoundMagic actually has counterfeiting going on and even through channels that may seem legit. Remember, Amazon doesn't and can't weed through stock. They let anyone sell and only remove when there is problem

These are the only two authorized dealers or locations in Singapore and malaysia

CS
Tel: +6594789107
Address: Block 451,#11-224, Tampines St 42 Singapore 520451

Sim Khee Meng Enterprises Pte Ltd
Tel: (65) 6363 3383 , Mob: (65) 8268 5229 
Address: 60 Marsiling Road, SKM Building, Singapore 739107 
Email:jeremy@skmepl.com

And here is SoundMagic safe buying guide:
http://www.soundmagic.com.cn/en/Distribution/Details_39.html

So yeah, it seems like SoundMagic has a counterfeit problem going on, hope it goes well with you.

Jul 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 5
There may be knockoffs of Soundmagic but mp4nation is an authorized distributor, so don't jump to conclusion or blame reputable dealers just because they are located in Singapore or another Asian country. Also, apparently mp4nation's hq is located in Honk Kong and that's why when you look for it in the Distribution Center on the Soundmagic site you will find them under China-Honk Kong and not under Singapore. As far as the e10's issues - a small percentage of all headphones regardless of their brand, price or where are they sold, can always be faulty just as any other electronic appliance. It's too bad it had to happen with the OP's pair but things like that happen occasionally and even to headphone that cost 10 times as much and that's what the warranty is for - it can be bothersome to have to send them back and wait more but that will always be an issue when you buy from outside your country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back