DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 1, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #13,892 of 14,084
bought a used dx90 and I noticed two days ago that it got one vertical white line(right side) on its screen when turning it on. :expressionless: anyone who has the same problem with their dx90? Any possible solution to get rid of the line?

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #13,894 of 14,084
  Hi guys, I donno if its relevant here. MY dx90 headphone out is not working right side, line out is fine but i prefer sound from phoneout. Can anyone tell me if there is any way to fix this.
Thank you.

What do you want to know? The tabs for the sockets are on the sides where they solder to the board. Your phone socket is on the right in the image and I would touch each of the tabs/contact points with the board with a hot iron to remelt them. They check it with some headphones. Make sure you don't bridge any of the solder to another section of the board. 

I've had this exact problem two times already. The first time I sent it to iBasso and they fixed it for free, but then after a year it started failing again. Second time no warranty anymore (although the volunteered to fix it for free except for the shipping cost) so I guess I'll wait to find someone who knows how to solder this.

In my case it's not that the right channel doesn't work at all, but at times it does and at times it doesn't. I noticed it depends on whether "lateral" pressure is applied to the jack when plugged into the phone out. This means I can't walk on the street with the iBasso in my pocket because movement of my body will intermittently mute the right channel. I use the line out, not ideal at all, but whatever...

Is this a normal thing? I don't think so, or at least, it shouldn't be...

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #13,897 of 14,084
edit ... sorry meant to quote Alpha Floor ...

Exactly the same thing has happened to mine, but it's left channel ... and it applies to both phone out AND line out. bleuugh. I've resurrected my old Cowon J3 - forgot how got it was, despite the storage limits.

Jon

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #13,898 of 14,084
Can be made a custom firmware with lower CPU frequency for dx90?
Of course. But the stock firmware already have adaptive frequency, which depends on CPU load. So why do you need something else?

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #13,900 of 14,084
  I think that could save battery power.

No. Your logic may work for calculations, but you listen music. If it is enough for real time decoding - the frequency is low anyway. If it is not enough for real time decoding, but you have limited the upper limit, it won't be real time. If you don't listen music - just turn the player off to save power.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #13,902 of 14,084
Does anyone know where to buy an extended battery cover for the DX50 or DX90? There are pictures floating around on the net and people mentioned taobao but i haven't been able to find it. Price is no object here as I really need this. Would be great if someone could point me in the right direction or might even sell it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back