DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Feb 4, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #13,846 of 14,084
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is willing to sell their dignis case for dx90 (brown or black) and ship it to the UK? The cost for one shipped from USA that I found online reached £90 and that's too expensive for me.

Please pm me for further discussion.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #13,847 of 14,084
Anybody who is either not satisfied with their current firmware sound-wise or anybody who is in the mood to try out different firmwares should try the 2.2.0 L0. I don't want to bias so I will just say I found a specific sound element is "right" here, unlike most other firmwares (I did not test all of lurker's firmwares)

This sound element should be noticed regardless of the equipment. My ipod 5 surprisingly got that right!! I want to hear your thoughts, what do you think of this firmware (L0! Not the official 2.2.0 or L1)

Any chance you've compared this lurker firmware to the iBasso official?

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #13,849 of 14,084
Well I just tried it, downgraded from the newest one. I'd say I've never been to a Beatles concert, but listening to Past Masters it sounds like it. Like the sound is in the room, not in my head, great 3D projection, almost turning my head. Did'nt notice this before.

But!! 
tongue_smile.gif
 I'm well aware that when looking for something one will usually find something. So if you're thinking about something else we are probably both rambling 
normal_smile .gif
 Or you're right... could also just be my earbuds have become more burned in, or its just a long time since I last listened to this music..

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #13,850 of 14,084
Hi everyone. Just received an used dx90. It is amazing, love it, but I have a problem? No, just a doubt. I had 2.5.1 firmware and the issue is that Everytime I turn on the Dx90 it shows the scan SD screen. Is nothing important but want to know if this is usual or not.

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #13,851 of 14,084
Hi,
Never experienced this.
Boot without the card, in settings try factory reset then insert the card and rescan library

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #13,852 of 14,084
Hi everyone. Just received an used dx90. It is amazing, love it, but I have a problem? No, just a doubt. I had 2.5.1 firmware and the issue is that Everytime I turn on the Dx90 it shows the scan SD screen. Is nothing important but want to know if this is usual or not.

You should manually run the scan.. so it won't do it anymore everytime you start up your dx90. That fixed my issue.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #13,855 of 14,084
Issue fixed.
Maybe a problem with the SD card. Changed it for other different and problem solved. Another extrange mistery. Thanks for the answers folks!

It's the format of the card and fact that DX90 doesn't have inbuilt formatting. Bought DX90 on release and it took two months to solve! Even new Sandisc had problem until formatted in a PC utility, SD Formatter or something similar.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #13,856 of 14,084
It's the format of the card and fact that DX90 doesn't have inbuilt formatting. Bought DX90 on release and it took two months to solve! Even new Sandisc had problem until formatted in a PC utility, SD Formatter or something similar.
yes for sure is the format. I had used a Samsung 128gb formated through Mac OS (usually this works with fiio, xduoo, Cowon...) But the problem was solved when I had insert a 128gb lexar formatted through the PC with GUIFORMAT software. So you're right first when you're going to use a new card format it with the PC.

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #13,857 of 14,084
I enjoyed using DX90 about a year ago, and then traded it for A&K 120.
Now seeing a 2nd hand DX90j for a good price (USD 120, fullset with box etc.), but the hold button is not working.
Is there any important use for the button, other than to boot to original firmware if I rockboxed it?

I also found a local store with Japan-cell Samsung i9300 batteries, plenty of stocks.
Currently using A&K100 mk2 + Mojo.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #13,859 of 14,084
Please tell me where this $120 dx90 is if you don't want to buy it!
Hold switch doesn't matter to me. I never pressed buttons accidentally with it in my dignis case.

I bought it. The price is actually USD180 (SGD 250). It is a DX90j for Japan market, not the regular DX90.

AFAIK there are no less than three types: regular DX90, regular DX90j and DX90j limited edition.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #13,860 of 14,084
Hello guys, have a question about the battery life and charging time. In user manual they said it should take around three hours with a wall charger, but mine with an original Samsung battery (bought directly to Amazon) only charge for one hour and a half. The battery life is very short, around 5 or 6 hours of normal use with hi-res files and mid gain. Is this usual or may I have a problem ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back