DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 27, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #13,201 of 14,084
Fourth.

I also hope that the new firmware will work as DAC on android 5. My DX90 gives no sound output on my samsung s5 running CM12.1 even though the screen is on Linux/Mac DAC mode. I tried an app called USBAudioTester and it detects the DX90.

DAC function also only works for a while in my 2011 macbook pro then suddenly stopping sound output. My mac still list the dx90 as output though. It also crashes my macbook and its keyboard becomes unusable, so I'm not sure if it's my mac or the DX90 that is at fault.

I also hope that the new firmware will not have a negative effect on the sound.

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #13,202 of 14,084
I'm not sure if it'll work good as a DAC on a phone. I can hear a significant amount of noise whenever I place my DX90 next to my phone. I could never keep them in the same pocket since I'll be getting a lot of radio static.

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #13,203 of 14,084
That static is caused by discontinuous transmit of the cell phones.  The cell phones share bandwidth with other phones.  By design they transmit in short bursts when it is their time to use the airwaves, and then they are silent for the remainder of the time.  If you complete a fourier transform of these On-Off bursts, they produce a product that is in the audible frequency range.  Those bursts are then induced into the circuits of any electronic devices.

These bursts even occur when the phone is not being used for voice or data transmissions.  For location updates and housekeeping with the tower.  There is no way to avoid it except for RF shielding.  Or keep your phone on the other side of the desk/body/different pocket.

I personally keep my phone separated from my ibasso whenever possible.  Sometimes I forget and put them in the same jacket pocket.  But it doesn't take long to hear the static.  Then I separate.  :)

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #13,204 of 14,084
i wonder why since i used the 128GB on the dx90, when on PC it shows drive is dirty, and needs to scan fix, why is this happening?

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #13,206 of 14,084
Nov 6, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #13,208 of 14,084
Hmmm...on my Windows 8.1 box I can cancel that message and everything proceeds as normal.  Definitely don't select "scan and fix"...Windows will probably screw it up.

im win 7

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #13,209 of 14,084

Hmmm...on my Windows 8.1 box I can cancel that message and everything proceeds as normal.  Definitely don't select "scan and fix"...Windows will probably screw it up.

fud much?
It does this because the memory card wasn't "properly" ejected according to windows. Mine does this every time and every time I let it scan and fix and every time there is nothing to fix and nothing is screwed up. It operates normally.
If I cancel it, it operates normally as well.

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #13,210 of 14,084
Hi. Has anyone had any problems with their dx90 after installing the lurker firmware? I had a few display problems after I installed the rockbox mango fw and I'm not sure if the fw change caused it.

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #13,211 of 14,084
Hi. Has anyone had any problems with their dx90 after installing the lurker firmware? I had a few display problems after I installed the rockbox mango fw and I'm not sure if the fw change caused it.
Nope, never had any problems with any firmware, rockbox, lurker or stock. You might want to try reverting to stock firmware without rockbox, factory reset and try installing the firmware with rockbox again.

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #13,213 of 14,084

fud much?
It does this because the memory card wasn't "properly" ejected according to windows. Mine does this every time and every time I let it scan and fix and every time there is nothing to fix and nothing is screwed up. It operates normally.
If I cancel it, it operates normally as well.

No FUD here.  My DX90 will do this all of the time even after proper unmounting.  My son's DX90 does not.  This is a relatively common USB issue out there.  With this issue (when there isn't removable drive corruption or improper ejecting) you can scan and fix until the cows come home and it won't go away.  The typical resolution is to ignore it, or disable the scan and fix removable drive prompt.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #13,214 of 14,084
exFAT driver used in DX90 marks the volume as "opened" on the start, and closes the volume only on manual power off. So if you take SD card off the DX90 when it is not "closed", Windows complains about the consistency of the file system.

My latest builds of DX90 firmware based on stock 2.2.0 and 2.3.0 contain my build of exFAT driver with changes that address this and some other issues.

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #13,215 of 14,084
exFAT driver used in DX90 marks the volume as "opened" on the start, and closes the volume only on manual power off. So if you take SD card off the DX90 when it is not "closed", Windows complains about the consistency of the file system.

My latest builds of DX90 firmware based on stock 2.2.0 and 2.3.0 contain my build of exFAT driver with changes that address this and some other issues.

Interesting.  In my case I've never taken the SD card off the DX90 while it is "open" or connected to a PC so something else is going on. 

I'm using your DX90FirmwareV2.2.0-L0...could you confirm that this already contains the exFAT driver changes?  I believe it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back