DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 10, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #12,963 of 14,084
Where can I purchase the DX90's alternative rear battery plate.  Some users posted photos of a larger battery cover, a link to where to purchase that would be lovely.  -AA

It is only available locally in China

Aug 10, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #12,964 of 14,084
is there a DAP under 800$ that is a definite improvement over the DX90, sound-wise ?

or have we entered the land of diminishing returns , big time ?

Aug 10, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #12,965 of 14,084
is there a DAP under 800$ that is a definite improvement over the DX90, sound-wise ?

I would expect different flavour rather than outright better, possible just a different mix of trade offs that might make it more appealing to any given buyer

Aug 11, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #12,967 of 14,084

I say stick with DX90 until iBasso release their next players.

I've heard Cayin N6, which would be the obvious direction under $800. in this case it was very much like nc8000 said, the background was darker, the timbre sounded a little more professional which gave the presentation its unique or individual flavour and maybe the detail was a little more effortless, or less strained to reveal.

But in the end (this is the important part) any of those advantages didn't matter to me because the hybrid IEM I wanted to pair or synergise with Cayin N6, Tralucent 1Plus2 still sounded better to me on DX90. Clarity was higher,air around the stage more obvious and the overall synergy was a greater match. While I would have bought Cayin N6 if it provided an advantage the synergy with 1Plus2 didn't offer me anything I require in comparison. This is very much the way it works, comes down to synergy rather "right, lets spend BIG and upgrade"

This is why auditioning players with your own gear is the best solution whenever possible.

Aug 11, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #12,968 of 14,084

I say stick with DX90 until iBasso release their next players.

I've heard Cayin N6, which would be the obvious direction under $800. in this case it was very much like nc8000 said, the background was darker, the timbre sounded a little more professional which gave the presentation its unique or individual flavour and maybe the detail was a little more effortless, or less strained to reveal.

But in the end (this is the important part) any of those advantages didn't matter to me because the hybrid IEM I wanted to pair or synergise with Cayin N6, Tralucent 1Plus2 still sounded better to me on DX90. Clarity was higher,air around the stage more obvious and the overall synergy was a greater match. While I would have bought Cayin N6 if it provided an advantage the synergy with 1Plus2 didn't offer me anything I require in comparison. This is very much the way it works, comes down to synergy rather "right, lets spend BIG and upgrade"

This is why auditioning players with your own gear is the best solution whenever possible.

my thoughts , waiting for dx80/110 to show up

i also use a hybrid iem like 1+2 (k3003) so i will take your advice under serious consideration

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #12,969 of 14,084
Nobody's mentioned the Cowon P1!? Read the reviews from previous DX90 owners. They all say it's a marked improvement sound-wise. Plus with 128gb in-built AND an SD slot (plus OTG) you can have at least 256gb of storage (something that only the X5ii does to my knowledge). I'm waiting for mine to arrive and then it's au revoir to my DX90 (and DX50).

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #12,970 of 14,084

my thoughts , waiting for dx80/110 to show up

i also use a hybrid iem like 1+2 (k3003) so i will take your advice under serious consideration

There's absolutely IEM out there that will sound fabulous with Cayin N6, several, though mine for my preferences wasn't one of them. DX90 is a good player, notably if you get a match up (you seem to love it with K3003). With the Tralucent its hard to beat that airy clarity I hear from DX90. Some may dismiss the pairing as being a little too bright, lean or exaggerated in clarity, but this is my preference and the iBasso provides the correct levels. Its strange, something definitely happens between this marriage (1Plus2 / DX90) most other players I try don't provide.

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #12,971 of 14,084
I'm gonna buy hybrid Ultrasone IQ Pro, it's FR is awesomely flat, 20hz-9khz +/-6dB then to 12khz +/-10dB. This graph is for the IQ model, the IQ Pro model is the same response but with a lowered sensitivity, which is a good thing imo. The FR is actually very similar to the FR of the 1plus2.

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #12,972 of 14,084
  I'm gonna buy hybrid Ultrasone IQ Pro, it's FR is awesomely flat, 20hz-9khz +/-5dB then to 13khz +/-10dB. This graph is for the IQ model, the IQ Pro model is the same response but with a lowered sensitivity, which is a good thing imo. The FR is actually very similar to the FR of the 1plus2.

Best you keep your DX90 so you can judge it with this hybrid. 
wink.gif

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #12,974 of 14,084
I'm gonna buy hybrid Ultrasone IQ Pro, it's FR is awesomely flat, 20hz-9khz +/-6dB then to 12khz +/-10dB. This graph is for the IQ model, the IQ Pro model is the same response but with a lowered sensitivity, which is a good thing imo. The FR is actually very similar to the FR of the 1plus2.

I borrowed the IQ Pro from a friend a while back and thought they sounded very nice with the DX90

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #12,975 of 14,084
Just received my DX90 in the mail yesterday.  Love this thing!  I was recently using my X5, so the touchscreen is an interesting change.  Going to have to get used to navigating it as quickly as I did with my X5.  Shouldn't take too long.

I'm loving it so far.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back