DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 18, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #12,632 of 14,084
  The DX100 produces more audible noise (though it is pretty low but audible with paused playback) with high sensitive iems than the almost completely silent DX90, that's what I know.

I haven't seen this with my DX100.  Both my DX90 and 100 are dead silent.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #12,636 of 14,084
I've just updated to 2.3.0 ... and it seems to only be reading the ALBUM tag. When I go into Album view I can see all my music, but when I go into GENRE or ARTIST, it just shows (null)?

In All Music, It shows the file-name where it would put the track name.

I've factory reset and rescanned twice.

All my music is in OGG files.

??

Jon

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #12,638 of 14,084
  I've just updated to 2.3.0 ... and it seems to only be reading the ALBUM tag. When I go into Album view I can see all my music, but when I go into GENRE or ARTIST, it just shows (null)?

??

Jon

What are you using to tag your files?
I had a few albums that were not displaying correctly. I retagged the affected tags (artist and album) then rescanned, same. Then I decided to strip the tags completely, save, then retag. That worked. I use mp3tag for my tagging.

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #12,640 of 14,084

What are you using to tag your files?
I had a few albums that were not displaying correctly. I retagged the affected tags (artist and album) then rescanned, same. Then I decided to strip the tags completely, save, then retag. That worked. I use mp3tag for my tagging.

mp3tag ... I've gone back to 2.2.0 and it's all working normally again, so I don't think it's the tags. Retag 15,369 tracks? I don't think so ... :frowning2:

J

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #12,641 of 14,084
  @Paul - iBasso:

Is there any chance that you will ever implement a track counter on the now playing screen? Just as a suggestion, it could take place on the empty space between the "My Music" and "Settings" buttons.

I will pass your request on to our SW team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 19, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #12,642 of 14,084

mp3tag ... I've gone back to 2.2.0 and it's all working normally again, so I don't think it's the tags. Retag 15,369 tracks? I don't think so ... :frowning2:

J

Awe, come on. Think of it as an adventure! :)

Jun 19, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #12,643 of 14,084
  @Paul - iBasso:

Is there any chance that you will ever implement a track counter on the now playing screen? Just as a suggestion, it could take place on the empty space between the "My Music" and "Settings" buttons.

i second this.
and would be nice if we could click it. for a "current playlist".
also clicking album art for track info would be great.
@Paul - iBasso

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #12,644 of 14,084

??

Jon

The only files I have tag problems with are .wav which are displayed as (null) in genre view.  All others (mostly flac) are OK. What I have noticed is that some artwork that displayed fine in previous FW have a generic icon in 2.3.0. One day I'll take the time to figure it out. 

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #12,645 of 14,084
  I didn't mean to say that the DX90 amp use to decode 32bit. I'm just saying that using AMP only on the DX90, which is impossible.

Using it as USB DAC on computer would means using both DAC and AMP section of the DX90 right? But would require driver to be installed right?

the dx90 has a line out, but not a line in.  so you can't use a different dac and then send that signal to the dx90 for amping.  

you can run music through the dx90's dac and use the line out to a different amp.  i've done this using the dx90 dac line out to the idsd micro amp.  i prefer the dx90 dac to the one in the micro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back