DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 22, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #12,661 of 14,084
Usually I just kick mine into a wall pretty hard or toss it to my pit bulls. They get the battery out in no time, every time.

Jun 22, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #12,663 of 14,084
Are you guys removing batteries on the go? When one runs out, you insert a charged one? Or is this just a battery that lasts longer than the stock battery?

A sharp whack with an open hand will normally suffice... if not, two sticks of dynamite will do the trick
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #12,664 of 14,084
Saturating the open unit in vegetable oil will help the battery slide right out. So will a single gunshot just below the touchscreen.

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #12,665 of 14,084
Hello everyone,
does anyone here know why the DAC for mac does not work?  No matter what setting I have in the USB setting, it is always charging only.  does it work as a DAC for Mac?
thank you.  I also did a reset too.

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #12,666 of 14,084
Given how most on ear portables have boosted bass, this fw is a refreshing change

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #12,667 of 14,084
  Hello everyone,
does anyone here know why the DAC for mac does not work?  No matter what setting I have in the USB setting, it is always charging only.  does it work as a DAC for Mac?
thank you.  I also did a reset too.

You are not alone musictoear,
Let me share my experience:

In 2.3.0 using the DAC fonction on an iMac 11,1 (late 2009) with Yosemite, it is really buggy.
Plugged directly in the USB at the back of the iMac, the DAC is recognized, but as soon as I try to play some music (VLC, VOX, Audirvana+ or Youtube...), I loose the USB connection and bluetooth. And the DX90 is not recognized anymore till I hard reboot the computer.
Plugged via a USB hub or the keyboard, it stays conected, but the music fade-out and fade-in for 1 second every 5-10 or 15 seconds. No matter what source I use: Vox, VLC, Youtube, Audirvana+...

I have made an Apple Hadware Test with no issue, and I even made a clean install of Yosemite yesterday, with no luck.

Last important point, under Win8.1, it works perfectly fine.
As usual, I have made several factory reset on the DX90.

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #12,668 of 14,084
I have just released 2.3.0-L1 firmware build.

I've put my build of exFAT/NTFS drivers there, and that's the only difference from 2.3.0-L0. The main goals were to avoid unneeded writes, and to avoid file system damage on accidental power loss or hot SD card unplug. Most of efforts were made for the exFAT driver, which I prefer and recommend to use for the microSD card in the DX90 slot.

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #12,669 of 14,084

In 2.3.0 using the DAC fonction on an iMac 11,1 (late 2009) with Yosemite, it is really buggy.
Plugged directly in the USB at the back of the iMac, the DAC is recognized, but as soon as I try to play some music (VLC, VOX, Audirvana+ or Youtube...), I loose the USB connection and bluetooth. And the DX90 is not recognized anymore till I hard reboot the computer.
Plugged via a USB hub or the keyboard, it stays conected, but the music fade-out and fade-in for 1 second every 5-10 or 15 seconds. No matter what source I use: Vox, VLC, Youtube, Audirvana+...

I have made an Apple Hadware Test with no issue, and I even made a clean install of Yosemite yesterday, with no luck.

Only 1 second every 5-10? In my case is 1 second every 2... big fail. Pity. Maybe 2.3.1?

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #12,671 of 14,084

I'm using Audirvana + 2.1.1 on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.3 and have no problems. Have you tried resetting the PRAM (command option P and R during startup). I also wonder if it could be USB 2.0 vs 3.0 since your iMac is late 2009.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #12,672 of 14,084
  I'm using Audirvana + 2.1.1 on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.3 and have no problems. Have you tried resetting the PRAM (command option P and R during startup). I also wonder if it could be USB 2.0 vs 3.0 since your iMac is late 2009.

Yes I tried resetting the PRAM twice, but no changes.
It is working on the PC  (USB 3  & Windows 8.1), but on the iMac (USB 2) it is either crash or stutter.
Anyway, let's go back to the subject of this topic...

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #12,673 of 14,084
  I have just released 2.3.0-L1 firmware build.

I've put my build of exFAT/NTFS drivers there, and that's the only difference from 2.3.0-L0. The main goals were to avoid unneeded writes, and to avoid file system damage on accidental power loss or hot SD card unplug. Most of efforts were made for the exFAT driver, which I prefer and recommend to use for the microSD card in the DX90 slot.

I'm surprised that in 14 hours... no one has replied or posted anything about this.

Thanks Lurker0, even though I haven't attempted the update... yet.

Jun 23, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #12,674 of 14,084
I appreciate Lurker's efforts as always, and will be very interested in whether discerning listeners feel 2.30-L1 FW alters sound signature in any way from 2.30-L0. From Lurker's description perhaps this is not expected but I have generally been pleasantly surprised by his improvement work. I am swamped (job) next few days but will try it myself this weekend when I have time for a proper listen, and report back if I hear anything of interest. Of course I am also interested in the assessments of others more discerning than I.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back