DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 27, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #12,421 of 14,084
  DX50 owner here.  This has been annoying me as well.  My latest thing to try when this happens is a factory reset and rescan of the library.

I have also started doing rescan library when I change cards, instead of re-scan card.

Do you change your cards out quite a bit?  I have 3 cards that I rotate between quite often.  It's only been about 3 days since i implemented this new process.  (So in summary.  If it drops out, I do factory reset and rescan library.  If it isn't dropping out, I simply do rescan library when I change cards.)

As M13 says, I haven't deleted that file in a while.  I will do that cleanup soon as well.

It's funny.  I've seen people complain about this for months and months, yet it never happened to me until only recently.  The only change I can think of is that I got a large 128gb card instead of my usual 64gb.  Still, that was a couple of months ago and the problem started only in the last couple of weeks. 

Lurker0's suggestion of re-writng the entire card (according to his step-by-step process) did not yeild any improvement. 

I always delete the library files and re-scan the entire card when I make sigficant changes to the library (I usually delete the art file as well), so I doubt that's the cause. 

Based on Paul-iBasso's suggestion, i just did a factory reset and things seem to be working well so far - but doubt it will last for long. 

May 28, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #12,423 of 14,084
im so late to this party ........ I just got my ibasso dx90 , , loaded 2,2,0 lurker firmware , love it out of the box - I use gr07 classic and a  mg7, I also have a dunu titan 1 coming - I love the player so far using 128gb card .

May 28, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #12,424 of 14,084
Yeah, based on the published measurements, 2.8V on 600-Ohm load is plausible and for DT880, DX90 can supply up to 13mW of power. But still a peak of 107dB is still not enough imo. 110dB - 115dB is my ideal sweet spot for "just enough".

HI guys,
I'm considering buying an iFi iCan nano to improve the output of the DX90, but I was wondering how much its 150mW of max power woul dimprove the native output of the DX90. Do I understand correctly that the 150mW of the iCan can be compared to a direct power output of 13mW of the DX90.

Sorry if my question is too stupid and I have grossly misundertood something....

May 28, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #12,426 of 14,084

It's funny.  I've seen people complain about this for months and months, yet it never happened to me until only recently.  The only change I can think of is that I got a large 128gb card instead of my usual 64gb.  Still, that was a couple of months ago and the problem started only in the last couple of weeks. 

I've fought this issue from day one with my son's DX90...but it has never occurred on mine.  We tried every trick from these forums..and ultimately learned that if it appears to be card related...change out cards and the problem goes away.

May 28, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #12,427 of 14,084
You know what? I've owned my DX90 about 4 months and it's started doing this fade in/out on occasions this past 2 weeks. It's quite uncanny reading all these posts. I don't ever change the card or firmware.

May 28, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #12,428 of 14,084
The fade out issue seems random as well for me. Sometimes it happens sometimes not and not for very long either
Trying to figure it out... Usually comes when the device is cold (newly started) & when moving between tracks, without neccersarily playing them all the way through  ?
Colour me curious :)

May 28, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #12,429 of 14,084

HI guys,
I'm considering buying an iFi iCan nano to improve the output of the DX90, but I was wondering how much its 150mW of max power woul dimprove the native output of the DX90. Do I understand correctly that the 150mW of the iCan can be compared to a direct power output of 13mW of the DX90.

Sorry if my question is too stupid and I have grossly misundertood something....

hi! I was curious where you found the power output of the DX 90? So far I find VRMS ratings only.
Thanks!

May 29, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #12,430 of 14,084
  The fade out issue seems random as well for me. Sometimes it happens sometimes not and not for very long either
Trying to figure it out... Usually comes when the device is cold (newly started) & when moving between tracks, without neccersarily playing them all the way through  ?
Colour me curious :)

It happens to me when I go back to the card directory and change albums/tracks (I know that much)

Its not all the time though, just randomly. Luckily, it doesn't make me rip my hair out. 
devil_face.gif

May 29, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #12,432 of 14,084
  that happens to me as well when I add albums to the card - I have to do a reset to make it go away

Hey, could you please detail what the 'fade out issue' is? I have an issue with loading a song from 1 album, while the rest works fine.
What happens is that it takes 5 secs before the songs starts playing and any play, pause, next, stop, etc. commands take another 3 seconds to respond. It really bumps me out.
I have tried a factory reset + rescan but still doesn't sort the issue.
It's an album of 320kbps mp3s + 2.2.0 iBasso official FW.

edit: solved by using converter to convert to FLAC.

May 29, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #12,433 of 14,084
Fade in fade out means that in the middle of playing a track the music fades out and the a short time after fades back in. This can happen several times in the same track but if you then replay that same track it might not happen. It happened to me several times about a year ago but never since

May 29, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #12,435 of 14,084
... and the new ESS AQ2M chip.
... or just one fullsize SD instead of the two micros.
Longer battery would be a tough one, though ... the software should be quite well optimized already and a bigger battery comes with extra size & weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back