DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 18, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #11,987 of 14,084
Ok, so it seems, 250 ohm DT-770 is too much for DX90. It can be driven, but it looses all airness - I remembered I have Pocket Amp 2 Version 2 (form http://electric-avenues.com/) - tried to connect those two. Different story! Now the sound is much better, the voices do not concentrate in the middle as it it is the case with DX90 alone, at last I liked what I'm hearing. But here's the problem - I'm not going to use DAP with AMP, that bulkiness is unacceptable to me. And I've juts bought DT-770 three weeks ago, was awaiting for DX to come. Maybe they can exchange 250 ohm to 80 ohm cans, I will ask.

Apr 18, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #11,988 of 14,084
Seems like the latest firmware had the DX90 sounded quite differently with an expansive soundstage that is much wider, forward vocals and treble lifted which is brighter..

Nice review with the Angie and comparison with the se846.It's a shame shure ships them with the stock blue filter since once you mod them(remove the foam) there is an instant improvement in clarity ,lows and highs.We have an extensive discussion over at se846 thread but interesting you consider angie a side grade and not a complete upgrade in regards to se846.You should hear them with the modded blue filter but good job nonetheless!

Apr 18, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #11,989 of 14,084
Nice review with the Angie and comparison with the se846.It's a shame shure ships them with the stock blue filter since once you mod them(remove the foam) there is an instant improvement in clarity ,lows and highs.We have an extensive discussion over at se846 thread but interesting you consider angie a side grade and not a complete upgrade in regards to se846.You should hear them with the modded blue filter but good job nonetheless!

Thanks! :) I tested the new firmware using Angie. Made the Angie soundstage even wider with instruments easier to identify and brighter. Does sound a little artificial though. Probably due to the lifted treble. I had just modded the blue filters on 846 too! Gave the 846 another close battle! Do agree with you the modded blues gave more impactful and tighter lows with the awe sweet, lush intimate vocals that the whites were lacking. Clarity and treble wise was improved too although ain't on the same level as the whites. The 846 is simply a great performer. The Angie could be slightly ahead but 846 does not shy back. :)

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #11,991 of 14,084
finally gapless works like gapless with the newest FW. good job iBasso!

Imo it has definitely been improved but there is sometimes still a very tiny gap or glitch between two flac tracks.
Between two mp3s, the gap is still obviously audible but I perceive it as only half as long as it was.

If gapless finally would be completey fixed and you could see the digits of the song you are playing when played in category mode on the playing screen ("7 of 12" e.G.), the DX90 would be almost perfect.

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #11,992 of 14,084
  Imo it has definitely been improved but there is sometimes still a very tiny gap or glitch sometimes between two flac tracks.
Between two mp3s, the gap is still obviously audible but I perceive it as only half as long as it was.

If gapless finally would be completey fixed and you could see the digits of the song you are playing when played in category mode on the playing screen ("7 of 12" e.G.), the DX90 would be almost perfect.

+1.Definitely improved but i hear that glitch too.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #11,993 of 14,084
Hi all, recently I realized that the play/pause button of the touch screen is not responding. The rest of the touchscreen components are working well. Rewind, forward....
It seems a firmware/software issue but I've been trying different ones and can't fix the issue.
I was able to reproduce the same issue when going to the balance L/R settings and trying to move the balance bar to zero, it is not woking neither. It seems the same issue.
No issues when using rockbox
Any recommendation?

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #11,996 of 14,084
A new firmware is out ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NMGsRmZTFQ 

biggrin.gif

Can't wait to try !

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #11,997 of 14,084
  Imo it has definitely been improved but there is sometimes still a very tiny gap or glitch between two flac tracks.

Yes sir! I know Paul and iBasso are trying their best, much appreciated.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that there is a slight disruption between tracks, we shouldn't be saying gapless is improved. It's more of a Yes/No kind of thing. 

The only drawback with using RockBox for me is having to click FF or Play button an extra time (to turn the screen on first) in order to get the DX90 to perform it's function.

Apr 18, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #11,998 of 14,084
All is fine with my dx90, BUT after managin to import a playlist if I try to export said playlist the dx90 just reboots. This also happens with the latest FW and with 2.18 2.15. To me playlist support is still broken and is far more important than gapless for instance. Even FIIO managed to get their playlist support in order eventually, I hope that ibasso wont drop the ball here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back