DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 29, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #11,671 of 14,084
  Is there a point to upsampling a downsampled file?  Wouldn't the resulting file be just the same quality as the new higher bit file?  The information was lost afterall.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I was not meaning to imply that I would ever downsample and then upsample the same file.
What I was saying is that downsampling can be detrimental... if done poorly, and the same can be said for upsampling.
Quality of equipment and software all play a part in the final outcome of the file and its sound, whether going up or down.
I prefer to change the file as little as possible in terms of sampling rate or bit depth for fear of introducing artifacts, distortion or other evil.

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #11,672 of 14,084
I need your help guys. I am suspecting that the headphone-out jack of my Ibasso DX90 doesn't work properly anymore. My DX90 was bought in August 2014 and in the first months it worked flawlessly.
But since approximately one month I have some problems with the headphone jack. With two of my headphones, Thinksound On1 and Beyer DT 770 AE the sound drops or cuts out on one channel and when I rotate the plug a little bit sound on both channels is there but as soon as I am moving the sound on one of the channels is silent again.

I don't think this is normal, especially because there wasn't such an issue in the first month of usage.
Somebody experienced something like that?

I think it is very similar to this guys problem:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/735648/ibasso-dx90-headphone-jack-problems

@Paul - iBasso
could you give me some advice regarding this warranty case? I can write you a PM with more details.

Mar 30, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #11,673 of 14,084
Sorry if the fix has been mentioned, I havent really been following the thread.  I tried using my dx90 as a dac today and it keeps cutting out sound.  Either after a few seconds or after playing up to maybe 15 seconds, then no sound at all.  I did a factory reset already. Settings on my computer are correct and it recognizes the DX90 too.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #11,674 of 14,084
  I need your help guys. I am suspecting that the headphone-out jack of my Ibasso DX90 doesn't work properly anymore. My DX90 was bought in August 2014 and in the first months it worked flawlessly.
But since approximately one month I have some problems with the headphone jack. With two of my headphones, Thinksound On1 and Beyer DT 770 AE the sound drops or cuts out on one channel and when I rotate the plug a little bit sound on both channels is there but as soon as I am moving the sound on one of the channels is silent again.

I don't think this is normal, especially because there wasn't such an issue in the first month of usage.
Somebody experienced something like that?

I think it is very similar to this guys problem:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/735648/ibasso-dx90-headphone-jack-problems

@Paul - iBasso
could you give me some advice regarding this warranty case? I can write you a PM with more details.

Not sure if this is your problem, but if you have some contact cleaner (i.e. Caig deoxit), it would be worth putting some on the 1/8" plug of your phones and push it in and out of the jack several times (rotate it too) to give the jack a good cleaning.  Sometimes that's all it is.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #11,675 of 14,084
Would a short blast or two of compressed air be an acceptable and simpler alternative?

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #11,676 of 14,084
Is there a way to play all music from a folder and its sub folders in order? My directory is arranged by Artist>Album>CD number and for long trips, I'd sometimes want to play a specific artist's collection in order.

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #11,677 of 14,084
Is there a way to play all music from a folder and its sub folders in order? My directory is arranged by Artist>Album>CD number and for long trips, I'd sometimes want to play a specific artist's collection in order.

Thanks!

Short answer, no

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #11,678 of 14,084
Originally Posted by ch1n4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With two of my headphones, Thinksound On1 and Beyer DT 770 AE the sound drops or cuts out on one channel and when I rotate the plug a little bit sound on both channels is there but as soon as I am moving the sound on one of the channels is silent again.

I had the same problem with the right channel, and re-soldered the socket myself. It does not require full disassembly: it's enough to unscrew and remove the back cover.

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #11,680 of 14,084
  Sorry if the fix has been mentioned, I havent really been following the thread.  I tried using my dx90 as a dac today and it keeps cutting out sound.  Either after a few seconds or after playing up to maybe 15 seconds, then no sound at all.  I did a factory reset already. Settings on my computer are correct and it recognizes the DX90 too.

Are you listen music from card or from main memory? Try to use player's main memory, I think this bug is concerning with the card.

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #11,683 of 14,084
thanks for your help guys. The jacks and contacts are very clean already and I also used a little bellow to blow some air through it. But the problem still exists. I suspect that I am having the same problem as @Lurker0, but unfortunately I don't have any soldering experience... so I have to take the help of fellow head-fiers or find a solution with ibasso...
frown.gif

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #11,685 of 14,084
anybody know what the hell is this? i can't read chinese!
http://bbs.erji.com/read.php?tid=1792303

Here ya go - clear as mud! 

Behind many players, including mobile phones are mere copycat, learn a kind of mold, but the sound quality but also escape the category of digital flavor, behind and out of the two mobile version of the 9018 chip DX90, but naming possible, know that this is positioned below the DX100, and sure enough, since the launch, DX90, although selling well, but the sound quality can not be regarded as a high-end, and now, AK240 and 901S as the top player, and 240 with two CS4398, also began Stockyard upgrade this routine, although with the DSD decoding capabilities, but also hard to say, is not hard solution, still an unknown.
And DXMK2 not go the usual way, do not stockpile, but continue to use a desktop 9018 chip, the focus turned to for good power, referring to the HUGO practice to use Tesla Motors now use 18650, within two loom 18650 stars, dual power supply, making it energy bursting, large appetite 9018 has been met, to play their own strength, of course, this also needs to evaluate fever friend, I will not be evaluated.
As the leading manufacturer of fever player, the machine is also an important factor in the appearance of a market. Today, DXMK2 DX100 combines technological sense, the case design DX90, the original volume of the shortcomings of the ills of Prudential has been improved, the thickness of only 17MM, 20MM DX100 less than to become a newly designed product, DXMK2, here to give a spy, good or bad, or handed over to the forums to judge it brother!
As the fever equipment, although DSD solution or soft, but still honest about the fact that the player is currently only software solution, compared to other big yard, still have a conscience, a DSD file up to a few G's capacity, relying solely on the original DX100 only 64G capacity is not enough, so DXMK2 comes with 256G of memory, plus support 256G TF card, up to 512G capacity can say unprecedented, and no latecomers. In addition, DXMK2 carrying 64 Qualcomm Xiaolong 410 MSM8916, this spike all domestic players, basically DX100 performance can not play the game, has been sublimated, dare I say, do not play the game of domestic brick DXMK2 play slip. Of course, this CPU, the system can also play a good strength, although it is Android 5.0, but it is said that in the future there WIN10 version.
The elderly also DXMK2 equipped with a 3.75 inches Sharp 720P resolution touchscreen display cover, a word stick, Qualcomm CPU with faster response, giving the user a comfortable operating experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back