DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 28, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #11,626 of 14,084
Since I saw you guys were discussing the Dignis case, I took a couple nice shots for you guys.

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #11,630 of 14,084
  Don't want to be a party pooper, but if you are looking at the DX90 price range, the Pono should be seriously considered, I like my Pono better than my DX90 
evil_smiley.gif

Another party pooper over here
tongue.gif

Don't get me wrong I still think that DX90 delivers astonishing sq and I love the fact that the battery is so easily replacable.

When I recieved my Pono it only had a few hrs on it and I thought it sounded allright. Some weeks later imo the sq got much better. Playing the same songs on DX90 and Pono with the same iems, the Pono just seems to give more texture and depth to the songs.

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #11,631 of 14,084

When I recieved my Pono it only had a few hrs on it and I thought it sounded allright. Some weeks later imo the sq got much better. Playing the same songs on DX90 and Pono with the same iems, the Pono just seems to give more texture and depth to the songs.

I would ask you about Pono. As I see the DX90's "sq" wasn't yours - please tell why? It is more analitically then real sound? Or another? I didn't listened Pono and even have some troubles to find it in my country (may be I am a poor finder :) but thinking about the placebo effect according the Neal Young's brand. IMO.

In add. The same Q to T.R.A.N.C.E. if possible :)

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #11,632 of 14,084

Please tell why? More analitically then real sound? Or another? I don't listen Pono but thinking about the placebo effect according Neal Young's brand. IMO.

It's not placebo, I didn't like the Pono on first listen, obviously because it needed burn in, same with DX90, didn't like it on first listen, needed burn in. I hear the same things as Kerouac, Pono has better texture, depth, timbre, decay etc, to put it simply, the Pono sounds more natural and realistic. Pono is not analytical, it is tuned for a natural presentation, and it succeeds, it's balanced sounding, nothing sticks out, it's more refined than the DX90. Now I might be making it sound like the DX90 is far behind, but it's not like that, its just the Pono is a little better in mostly every way, and it all adds up for me. Add in the facts that Pono comes with 128gb storage and true balanced headphone output, it's a complete wash, DX90 is completely outclassed, in SQ, and even more so in value. Also bear in mind that my DX90 is modded, so the Pono is only a tiny bit better in SQ as I described compared to the modded DX90, but the gap between stock DX90 and Pono would be favorably larger to the Pono.

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #11,633 of 14,084

Also bear in mind that my DX90 is modded, so the Pono is only a tiny bit better in SQ as I described compared to the modded DX90, but the gap between stock DX90 and Pono would be favorably larger to the Pono.

Very interesting, thanks! Because my DX90 is modded too as I saw... it's the thing for thinking indeed... Means Pono.
I'll try to kick our famous seller in Moscow about listen it.

But what about dimensions of Pono and its usability? As I see it's much bigger than DX90.

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #11,634 of 14,084
  I would ask you about Pono. As I see the DX90's "sq" wasn't yours - please tell why? It is more analitically then real sound? Or another? I didn't listened Pono and even have some troubles to find it in my country (may be I am a poor finder :) but thinking about the placebo effect according the Neal Young's brand. IMO.

I wrote ''DX90 delivers astonishing sq''...if I didn't like the DX90's sq so much, I would have allready sold it
tongue.gif

T.R.A.N.C.E. already replied on the sq part, and I share his opinion => not much to add...

DX90 has a 400hrs burn-in time recommend by iBasso itself. I think I have around half of that on the Pono.
Here's a technical piece on Pono's burn-in: http://www.ponoworldtimes.com/ponoonlygetsbetter.html

Btw, there's one for sale in the classifieds (page 3 at this moment). A Neil Young signed limited edition for ''only'' $400 (kickstarter price).
It says ''Will ship to US'', but you can always give it a try
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #11,635 of 14,084
  Don't want to be a party pooper, but if you are looking at the DX90 price range, the Pono should be seriously considered, I like my Pono better than my DX90 
evil_smiley.gif
 Or If you are ok with big heavy daps the QA360 is unbeatable at it's price, competes at totl level sq for mid-fi price.

Not to poop your party but i had to 
tongue.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VQUFCCcQ4A

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #11,638 of 14,084
  I wrote ''DX90 delivers astonishing sq''...if I didn't like the DX90's sq so much, I would have allready sold it
tongue.gif

T.R.A.N.C.E. already replied on the sq part, and I share his opinion => not much to add...

DX90 has a 400hrs burn-in time recommend by iBasso itself. I think I have around half of that on the Pono.
Here's a technical piece on Pono's burn-in: http://www.ponoworldtimes.com/ponoonlygetsbetter.html

Btw, there's one for sale in the classifieds (page 3 at this moment). A Neil Young signed limited edition for ''only'' $400 (kickstarter price).
It says ''Will ship to US'', but you can always give it a try
biggrin.gif

I'll try to answer in the context of.
But with the binaural sound with DT990 in my ears :). Binaural - it's just an experiment for me but isn't my sound as I see. Very nice to listen a channels differences and that's all for me. But my mind is still out while listening :))), looks like a test no more IMO.

At first I think that the burn-cable is... is just marketing thing only.
Second - bad news about the price. And I certainly would like to listen Pono!
Thanks about joke about trying Pono in US :)

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #11,639 of 14,084
  Yeah or his ie80 must be too veiled to hear the truth
wink.gif

Tyll Hertsens from Inner Fidelity already blind tested and debunked the allegations that Pono sounds no different to any regular audio player. Tyll Hertsens has a thousandfold more credibility than Linus in audio matters, which is nothing to brag about, even I have more credibility than Linus in audio matters, at least I can hear the difference between two daps, which doesn't look like Linus can.

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #11,640 of 14,084

I was talking about his ears not his ie80. Tyll Hertsens from Inner Fidelity already blind tested and debunked the fiasco about Pono sounding no different to regular mp3 players. Do some research. Tyll Hertsens has a thousandfold more credibility than Linus in audio matters.

Of course.Linus is a computer reviewer not a music expert.I would seriously be tempted to give pono a listen but i can't find a store in Greece that has one on display.Oh,well at least we have beautiful girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back