DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Nov 5, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #8,851 of 14,084
^ If your talking about lurker 2.1 int being most balanced I agree, if your talking stock 2.1 then I dont agree
tongue.gif

i am talking about the official 2.1, I did not actually prefer the 2.1 L

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #8,852 of 14,084
I have an annoying issue with my DX90:

Everytime i start the device it asks me to scan my sd card. I could only
start playback if i close this screen by the little X at the right upper corner.

iBasso contact mail said, i have to reset the player to default, but no luck.

My 64GB Sony microSD is formatted as exFAT and all my waves are stored at seperate folder.
Playback, navigation etc is full working, but everytime device is starting comes the scanning screen.

I have upgraded, downgraded Firmware, but issue still there. I manual deleted the library folders
on internal storage, still no luck. But on my SD there is no library folder at all. Is this normal ?

I think i could be a SD problem, so i fully wiped the sd, repartioned/formated exFAT. No luck.

Any Solution ?

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #8,854 of 14,084
@ThomasHolman

Sometime i have that window which appears when I plug a card (but not always, which is odd), but with two choices  :

Scan SD Card
Browse files

I choose the browsing one, since I only use directory browsing anyway. Then there is no more window popping, when starting the device or whatever.

Maybe your problem is you are skipping the setting by closing the window ?

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #8,855 of 14,084

start playback if i close this screen by the little X at the right upper corner.

My 64GB Sony microSD is formatted as exFAT and all my waves are stored at seperate folder.
Playback, navigation etc is full working, but everytime device is starting comes the scanning screen.

I have upgraded, downgraded Firmware, but issue still there. I manual deleted the library folders
on internal storage, still no luck. But on my SD there is no library folder at all. Is this normal ?

I think i could be a SD problem, so i fully wiped the sd, repartioned/formated exFAT. No luck.

Any Solution ?

Me too. Was giving me the hump, so went through all the folders looking for odd/duplicate artwork files, deleted those so all artwork as flac tags now, , reformatted my 128 sandisk to fat 32, factory reset etc.

Still doing the same.

Have given up on it for now.....!

Let me know if you find a solution....

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #8,856 of 14,084

Any Solution ?

Have you allowed for a full scan of the micro SD card? A full first scan can take 15 minutes or so. After that no more scan of that card is needed. If switching cards, I always use directory to avoid the time but if you plan on keeping the same card in for a while, make sure you allow for the full scan. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #8,857 of 14,084
I have two cards, and I never did / allowed a scan. Without the issue described by thomashoman. 

I did a factory reset with stock 2.1.5 for testing this and my own "random order" issue, then the same with 2.1.5_L1.

I get the window when the device start, but like I said before, just one time, if I choose "Browse Files".

But I have always the issue of the random playing order when I play an album via directory browser (workaround : reload the first track), and since I seem to be the only one complaining about that, I wondering what I miss. Maybe a file in the dx90 userspace, I noticed that it is not emptied with the factory reset. I will try that later.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #8,858 of 14,084
I've had browsing message since receiving one of first dx90s. Nothing solves message, ibasso support suggested various things, I've tried different cards, just one album, always there! Every month someone new has problem, but never an answer. Its a minor irritation but I will put up with it rather than international shipping. Be nice if someone one day solves it. I reckon faulty unit as iBasso said send back.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #8,859 of 14,084
Scanning creates the library file i assume. Despite message at every turn on, after closing box, library file is always perfect and includes any previous scans.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #8,860 of 14,084
So i am not alone with this... hope iBasso read this !

My mail from iBasso replied that this is NOT normal ! A factory reset should solve, but doesn't...

If i scan my card, the scanning time is ca. 5 minutes it goes fast, i think it is because i have
a fast card, only wave files and one native resolution cover image per folder, so no taggs have to
be converted/saved to the library, but i don't know what is meant by doing a 15min "full scan".
The initial scan i've done was after the firmware, factory reset.

It's annoing to see this scanning screen every power on !

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #8,861 of 14,084
@ThomasHolman

Sometime i have that window which appears when I plug a card (but not always, which is odd), but with two choices  :

Scan SD Card
Browse files

I choose the browsing one, since I only use directory browsing anyway. Then there is no more window popping, when starting the device or whatever.

Maybe your problem is you are skipping the setting by closing the window ?

No, i have probed first option > Scan SD card and 2nd Browse Files, but after power off/on this window appears once.

Nov 5, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #8,862 of 14,084
So i am not alone with this... hope iBasso read this !

My mail from iBasso replied that this is NOT normal ! A factory reset should solve, but doesn't...

If i scan my card, the scanning time is ca. 5 minutes it goes fast, i think it is because i have
a fast card, only wave files and one native resolution cover image per folder, so no taggs have to
be converted/saved to the library, but i don't know what is meant by doing a 15min "full scan".
The initial scan i've done was after the firmware, factory reset.

It's annoing to see this scanning screen every power on !

Scanning time depends upon how many files there are. 15 minutes is just a guess as to how many files. I have some cards that scan in a couple of minutes and a 128gb with many files that takes much longer. It is a variable. I just go into the advanced menu and hit scan. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #8,863 of 14,084
I've just paired my DX90 via the supplied coax to a Hugo and was a little disappointed!

Have I got it set up right? iBasso set to output at volume 255, coax input into the Hugo. 

Sounded a little muddy in the bass, almost veiled.

Listening through my UMMiracles.

?

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #8,864 of 14,084
  I've just paired my DX90 via the supplied coax to a Hugo and was a little disappointed!

Have I got it set up right? iBasso set to output at volume 255, coax input into the Hugo. 

Sounded a little muddy in the bass, almost veiled.

Listening through my UMMiracles.

?

I don't know what is wrong but something is. I get great sound, bass included. Maybe give it a couple of hours to see if anything improves. If not, try a different coax cable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back