DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 25, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #8,611 of 14,084
  Got some great time using the dac driver.
32/192 stream of music seems flawless. No BSOD.
They method I use to delete the driver is plugging the DX90 into the computer(Assume you have tried install the beta driver)
then you can find two dx90 related device from the device manager.
One is the mango USB interface under mango device,
second is under sound card which is called the iBasso Mango Hifi audio device.
select uninstall on these two device and rmb to check the box of delete the driver option.
Unplug the dx90, then install the new driver using the setup.bat file.
Plug in the dx90, some of you may found the installing of new device is unsuccessful.
In this case, choose the manual search driver option and select the x64/x86 folder then everything will be fine.
Enjoy the sound.

Still there is a sound lag problem, please just report this to the iBasso dear Jamato.
Seems like you got a close communication with iBasso recently.
wink.gif

Thanks for the tip. I won't be able to find the Mango Device drivers alone.
On Windows 7 family 32 bits: no BSOD for the moment - even taking out the USB cable in DAC mode (I had the problem with beta drivers).

After installing the drivers, I had no sound. Reboot the PC. Still nothing. Took out the USB cable and took in (sorry for my bad english). Went in "Sound" options of Windows and made a test on iBasso Mango Hifi Audio Device. And it works !

Notice: I had problems with my Wacom graphic tablet and beta versions of pilots. It seems there is no more incompatibility.

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #8,612 of 14,084

For some reason the v1 driver on my Windows 7 64bit is showing 24bit sound quality entries twice.

Does it actually matter what bit depth is set or is this just for shared mode such that if you play a 24 bit file through Foobar or JRiver it'll automatically play it at the correct bit and sample rate. Not certain it even matters how this is set, although I'm happy to be eduated if I'm worng.

Overall  the DX90 DAC function is working fine for me but I don't think it's as musical as my iFi iDSD micro. Even so, it's nice to have the option to use the DX90 as DAC when I already have it connected for file transfers etc. Choice is good! :)

Cheers!

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #8,613 of 14,084
Does it actually matter what bit depth is set or is this just for shared mode such that if you play a 24 bit file through Foobar or JRiver it'll automatically play it at the correct bit and sample rate. Not certain it even matters how this is set, although I'm happy to be eduated if I'm worng.

Overall  the DX90 DAC function is working fine for me but I don't think it's as musical as my iFi iDSD micro. Even so, it's nice to have the option to use the DX90 as DAC when I already have it connected for file transfers etc. Choice is good! :)

Cheers!

You can transfer files or use it as a USB DAC but not both at the same time.

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #8,614 of 14,084
  Got some great time using the dac driver.
32/192 stream of music seems flawless. No BSOD.
They method I use to delete the driver is plugging the DX90 into the computer(Assume you have tried install the beta driver)
then you can find two dx90 related device from the device manager.
One is the mango USB interface under mango device,
second is under sound card which is called the iBasso Mango Hifi audio device.
select uninstall on these two device and rmb to check the box of delete the driver option.
Unplug the dx90, then install the new driver using the setup.bat file.
Plug in the dx90, some of you may found the installing of new device is unsuccessful.
In this case, choose the manual search driver option and select the x64/x86 folder then everything will be fine.
Enjoy the sound.

Still there is a sound lag problem, please just report this to the iBasso dear Jamato.
Seems like you got a close communication with iBasso recently.
wink.gif

+1

After all that, if you have no sound going through dx90, check if it's actived as default sound player in sound settings (for windows)

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #8,615 of 14,084
After removing mango interface and audio driver I reinstalled driver using setup file. This time it went good, I didn't have to install it manually. Listening about 25 minutes right now without BSOD :)

Edit: Too soon...

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #8,616 of 14,084
I have a question.

I hve the dx90 and now i just ordered the hd 650 and a little dot mk iii tube amp

I would like to use the dx 90 as a source for the dac. Is it a good idea combining all the above ? Will it sound as good as other desktop setups for eg if i was using a dedicated desktop dac like a schiit bifrost.

Oct 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #8,617 of 14,084

+1

After all that, if you have no sound going through dx90, check if it's actived as default sound player in sound settings (for windows)

For some reason on mine, the DX90 doesn't show up in sound settings. Windows 7. In device manager it shows up as mango USB interface but not under the sound settings. 

Ok, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled and this time it showed up. 

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #8,618 of 14,084
You can transfer files or use it as a USB DAC but not both at the same time.

I know, you are right, headwhacker. To change functions you have to turn the DX90 off then on and change USB setting.

Any thoughts on my original question about bit depth setting in Windows Playback control?

Thanks

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #8,619 of 14,084

For some reason on mine, the DX90 doesn't show up in sound settings. Windows 7. In device manager it shows up as mango USB interface but not under the sound settings. 

Ok, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled and this time it showed up. 

Or you can desactivate/activate the device in the device manager. Then the dx90 will show up in sound setting.

Oct 25, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #8,620 of 14,084
Yesterday I try everything (install new, unistall, reinstall), but I have a LOT of BSODs or not see ibasso in sound. Today I start PC, uninstall drivers, install new, connect DX90 and over 2 hours of listening all working. It sound better than my X-FI Prelude with OPA637. Yes, it have sound delay. It is not for movies or games :frowning2: I thing DX90 never will be for this. DX90 have not HW capabilites for external streaming (like XMOS for USB or CS8416 for SPDIF) and make SW stable realtime USB DAC is !!!EEXXTTRREEMMLLYY!!! difficult.

Oct 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #8,621 of 14,084

I know, you are right, headwhacker. To change functions you have to turn the DX90 off then on and change USB setting.

Any thoughts on my original question about bit depth setting in Windows Playback control?

Thanks

I don't think you have to turn off the dx90. Unplugged is enough.

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #8,622 of 14,084
So I clicked setup and i downloaded it, but nothing shows up on my device manager.

In addition, is there something else you need to install for the ibasso audio device to show up? cuz im not getting that either =(

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #8,623 of 14,084
  So I clicked setup and i downloaded it, but nothing shows up on my device manager.

In addition, is there something else you need to install for the ibasso audio device to show up? cuz im not getting that either =(

Try a manual install of the driver. Do a search for the driver, depending upon whether you are using 64 bit or 32 bit. Also check your device manager. If the DX90 shows up there with a ! then click on it, go to driver and do an install and use manual to find the driver, which is fairly easy. Yes, this is what I did. I run a Mac but am using Parallels so I run Windows 7 on my Mac. Some seem to have the driver install right away, some a few more hoops. 

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #8,624 of 14,084
works for me but have a stupid delay during vids.

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #8,625 of 14,084
  works for me but have a stupid delay during vids.

I think that with this there will be a delay. 

I have the dac working great now. Using Foobar. I can even shut down my Mac, open back up and it starts right up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back