DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 21, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #7,892 of 14,084
  I've been hooking up the DX90 to my car via Line Out and it sounds surprisingly good even with the stock speakers.  Music just sounds so much more fuller and detailed, damn, now I think I might have to upgrade my car's speakers!

Nice one!! Yeah you really need to upgrade your car sound system, adding some tweeters some amps.....make sure you change your car battery to bigger one or else I'm afraid you can't start your car in the middle of nowhere
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #7,893 of 14,084
I have two which I pair with the DX90.

A PB2 with which I have a number of Opamp rolling options including a special HiFlight kit. My favourite combination is with Muses01, class A biased.

I also have a Leckerton MK II which I always seem to come back to. It has a pair of OPA 627s in it and I love the "tube like" musicality that I get from it.

I would recommend both.

I have read good things about PB2 though it is quite expensive. It does not have any hissing issues with IEMs right?

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #7,895 of 14,084
The dx90 is $359.95 on amazon now! Maybe I can get my cc company to price match and refund me $60
tongue.gif

I wonder why they get to sell it $60 cheaper than ibasso

Unless web store based, good manufacturers will always sell at retail so to not undermine their outlets. A brick and mortar shop that actually sells and services local customers is worth paying a bit more for and manufacturers don't want to discourage good outlets. 

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #7,896 of 14,084
I have read good things about PB2 though it is quite expensive. It does not have any hissing issues with IEMs right?

Yep - none for me with either UE Super Fi Pros and now UE Triple fi10s. And it is fun rolling the amps. And of course it has a balanced output. I run mine balanced into Sennheiser HD600s.

BTW I think I saw one for sale in the classified forum pages a couple of days ago.

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #7,897 of 14,084
ordered the dx90 + 128gb microsd + dignis leather case deal with 1 day shipping today. forgot to get an extra battery though. which is the best one available on amazon currently? on the customers also bought/viewed there's the anker, onite and generic samsung s3 batteries but i forgot which one was said to improve sound.

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #7,898 of 14,084
I cant believe in this config a different battery (bigger) would improve the sound ... not be offensive but this sounds a bit like BS, maybe it isnt ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyhow, stock battery can hold 5 to 6 hours like my spare Samsung but the big difference is that the Samsung will retain its load when the DX90 is powered off, where the stock one will loose one or 2 "bars" when I switch it back in the morning! :frowning2:
So I decided to keep the standard S3 battery. Autonomy is not that great but thats enough.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #7,899 of 14,084
I cant believe in this config a different battery (bigger) would improve the sound ... not be offensive but this sounds a bit like BS, maybe it isnt ...:)

Anyhow, stock battery can hold 5 to 6 hours like my spare Samsung but the big difference is that the Samsung will retain its load when the DX90 is powered off, where the stock one will loose one or 2 "bars" when I switch it back in the morning! :frowning2:
So I decided to keep the standard S3 battery. Autonomy is not that great but thats enough.

I can't hear the difference either, but the longer battery life makes it worth it :)

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #7,901 of 14,084
can anyone answer my question about what battery to get off amazon? i don't have time to wait for ebay unfortunately (going on a trip).

Buy the original one DIRECTLY off amazon. Not a 3rd party seller regardless. You can risk it, but the last time I did I got a fake one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DD6LCQY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Or buy an anker one

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #7,903 of 14,084
I can't hear the difference either, but the longer battery life makes it worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

I got the 5500mah battery.....I'm also not sure about the sound changing but it lasted 16+ hours~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back