DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 5, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #7,636 of 14,084
  what's the advantage of using the meenova [in which you'd have to change the microsd card] over the player's own slot [in which you'd have to change the microsd card]?  one disadvantage of something like a meenova would arise if you wanted to put the player in your pocket.  how do you deal with that situation?

I would say simply more storage.
It doesnt replace the micro SD in the device, simply allows you to have a further one in the dx90 at any given time.

Also very small footprint compared to strapping a HDD to the iBasso.

It also comes with an adapter so it can be essentially used as a card reader on your pc as well, so you can dump music into the SD card while still listening to music on your "internal" Sd.

I think it wouldn't be a problem in your pocket as it has quite a small footprint.  Unless you shoehorn your dx90 into skinny jeans and sit down a lot with it in there, it shouldn't be a problem.

@jamato8 as far as batteries go, do you think this genuine item would be the best bet as far as quality is concerned.
Last thing I want to do is melt my dx90.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-S3-4G-GENUINE-SAMSUNG-3000mAh-Extended-Battery-Kit-Blue-/321102662128?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item4ac335c9f0&_uhb=1

Assuming I am allowed to post this link here?? Hope that is ok, if not I will remove.

Alternatively I could go a cheaper Kinp's option, similar capacity.

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #7,637 of 14,084
I actually own the 3000mah Samsung battery. It's about 2mm thicker than the original 2100 version. You won't be able to close your DX90 unless you'll find a custom backcover. Or just strap the silicone case over it.

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #7,638 of 14,084
  what's the advantage of using the meenova [in which you'd have to change the microsd card] over the player's own slot [in which you'd have to change the microsd card]?  one disadvantage of something like a meenova would arise if you wanted to put the player in your pocket.  how do you deal with that situation?

It is really tiny, not much bigger than the microSD card itself!  I'm more afraid of losing it when it isn't plugged in. 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #7,639 of 14,084
Might be that your drive draws more power than the DX90 can deliver so you need external power for the drive with a splitter cable. I know sorensiim among others use it that way

This reply was in response to an earlier question about running an external drive on my DX90 via the OTG port. My drive is formatted NFTS so I can move it back and forth between the Windows and Mac environments. Earlier guidance was that drive needs to be formatted as FAT32.  So if I get a new 2TB drive formatted for FAT32 and plug it in to the DX90, will it work? Anyone have direct experience doing that? That advantage is that I can have my whole library with me in place of swapping out cards.

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #7,640 of 14,084
  This reply was in response to an earlier question about running an external drive on my DX90 via the OTG port. My drive is formatted NFTS so I can move it back and forth between the Windows and Mac environments. Earlier guidance was that drive needs to be formatted as FAT32.  So if I get a new 2TB drive formatted for FAT32 and plug it in to the DX90, will it work? Anyone have direct experience doing that? That advantage is that I can have my whole library with me in place of swapping out cards.

I would think the 2tb drive will draw too much current and even if it did work, which I don't think it will, the battery life of the dX90 would be very short. 

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #7,644 of 14,084

Hey everyone...

Had been enjoying an old iph-140 i had rockboxed/CF-modded to 120GB and with the big Cino battery...it was truly amazing. But unfortunately i plugged the wrong power supply into it one night and fried the battery/something - might try salvaging later when time allows. My upgrade-itis had been suppressed for almost a year!! I pulled out an old RB'd Fuze V2 i had in storage, and started listening to it. Very enjoyable and the SQ I had tweaked to my head's satisfaction.

Anyway...

I inadvertantly made my way back onto the forums. Oh dear me...I had no idea there was a new iBasso out there. So i started from page 1. OK - got up to around page 350ish, around when 2.0.0 got released...and I pulled the trigger. Ordered through amzn/prosound and delivery was outstanding - ordered on Friday and delivered Monday.

Have to admit - the SQ is fantastic right out of the box with 2.0.0. Started off with my UM3X's, then tried the Klipsch S4's and now am on the VModa M80s...all around sound is great no matter what i connect to it, and this is clean/no-EQ. All flac files so far. Last night was listening to Sade's Diamond Life and had to just let myself go. It  was truly involving. Guess only way i can say is the level of music that this player puts out for you to absorb is captivating.

I appreciate everyone putting their thoughts into this board.

Ruben

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #7,647 of 14,084
After a good few days with @Lurker0's firmware, I can clearly say that this is a must.

I have no idea if the sound improves without proper ABing, and after I installed Lurker's firmware I didn't return to the stock 2.0.0 I had installed previously to do a proper comparison. It still sounds fantastic, and it would be safe to say that it sounds at least as good as the stock.

However, UI is just miles better. Quicker, better response, clearer to read, overall clearly easier to use.

Thanks again for the great work!

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #7,648 of 14,084
  After a good few days with @Lurker0's firmware, I can clearly say that this is a must.

I have no idea if the sound improves without proper ABing, and after I installed Lurker's firmware I didn't return to the stock 2.0.0 I had installed previously to do a proper comparison. It still sounds fantastic, and it would be safe to say that it sounds at least as good as the stock.

However, UI is just miles better. Quicker, better response, clearer to read, overall clearly easier to use.

Thanks again for the great work!

for me there is definitely changes in the vocal in the Lurker's fw

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #7,649 of 14,084
After spending some time with the jh7 and dx90 I am not sure how the synergy is. DX sounds fantastic with the grados and the gr07s I borrowed but sounds congested with the jh7.
Jh7 almost sounds better with my HTC m8.
In saying that I will give the jh7 some more burn in and also try high gain tomorrow to see if it bumps a bit more resolution
Just feels muddy and congested.
Updates to come

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #7,650 of 14,084
Yeah,lurker's firmware is more energetic and the sound is more forward but it's still missing the bass and 3d soundstage of the v2.0 firmware.Depends what you prefer i guess.The ui is much better though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back