DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #7,411 of 14,084
Huge props to Lurker for that firmware. I just ran it and am listening... and just wow on the sound. It's so open and expansive and crisp. Fan-bleeding-tastic. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #7,412 of 14,084
I know I'm slow with these stuff, but I followed all the instructions on the main page and I just can't seem to install any of the FW updates (I'm trying to install the Lurker update). I seem to get stuck with the software that is supposed to update the firmware. I keep getting error messages that the device is not compatible. Any help would be appreciated.

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #7,413 of 14,084
Gapless don't work with moded FW
frown.gif

Are you sure? I have Gapless option always turned on, because I listen vinyl rips and live records a lot. I experience one and the same problem on both stock 2.1.0 and modified firmware: it does not play gapless the first track sequence after power on. Do you feel the difference with the stock 2.1.0?

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #7,414 of 14,084
  I know I'm slow with these stuff, but I followed all the instructions on the main page and I just can't seem to install any of the FW updates.

Did you try a usual and most convenient way - put unzipped update.img file into your device internal storage, then menu Settings->Advanced->System update?

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #7,415 of 14,084
The modded firmware is a total blast. Cant imagine the firmware affect that much on sq. Nicely done lurker!
Last thing for me is to figure out why i got cutting during play. Maybe it's tag problem.. re-tag all song and see whether it will happen again.

Jul 28, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #7,416 of 14,084
  Did you try a usual and most convenient way - put unzipped update.img file into your device internal storage, then menu Settings->Advanced->System update?

Thanks Lurker0! I just tried that, but under Advanced I don't have System Update. Under Advanced I have: Languages, Display, Power Management, Rescan Library, System Info, and Factory Reset.

My current firmware is 2.0.0

Thanks again.

EDIT: scratch that, I found it!

Please excuse my technological backwardness. Looking forward to enjoying the new firmware!

Jul 28, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #7,417 of 14,084

Thanks Lurker0! I just tried that, but under Advanced I don't have System Update. Under Advanced I have: Languages, Display, Power Management, Rescan Library, System Info, and Factory Reset.

My current firmware is 2.0.0

Thanks again.

EDIT: scratch that, I found it!

Please excuse my technological backwardness. Looking forward to enjoying the new firmware!

Since you're upgrading from 2.0.0, be sure to do a Factory Reset after installing Lurker's FW.

Jul 28, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #7,418 of 14,084
Are you sure? I have Gapless option always turned on, because I listen vinyl rips and live records a lot. I experience one and the same problem on both stock 2.1.0 and modified firmware: it does not play gapless the first track sequence after power on. Do you feel the difference with the stock 2.1.0?

Gapless worked just fine for me with Intl FW

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #7,419 of 14,084
The modded firmware is a total blast. Cant imagine the firmware affect that much on sq. Nicely done lurker!
Last thing for me is to figure out why i got cutting during play. Maybe it's tag problem.. re-tag all song and see whether it will happen again.

Do you listen the music on the DX90 on mango, or on rock box ? 
i mean when you got the rock box installed is the sound quality the same when using mango or rock box ?
thx
sam

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #7,421 of 14,084
Do you listen the music on the DX90 on mango, or on rock box ? 
i mean when you got the rock box installed is the sound quality the same when using mango or rock box ?
thx
sam
Mango. Personally I dont like the rockbox ui since its not user-friendly, in addiction i hate using eq/crossfeed, so the addition function from rockbox is useless for me.

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #7,423 of 14,084
Lurker0 are you going to do this for every firmware?

No, I'm not going to do it every time. Instead, I've already contacted iBasso with the previous change (removing useless services), and they agreed to implement that in the next stock firmware. I've already notified them about this latest change, and I hope they'll do the same in the stock as well.

That's my intention :) Your (I mean, you all') opinions expressed here would help them make the decision.

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #7,424 of 14,084
Jul 28, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #7,425 of 14,084
Just tried Lurker0's firmware. I'm not sure I notice a huge difference in sound but I think the UI is snappier. but mostly, I like the new font :) Does the album art also look sharper now? (don't know if this was mentioned before).

Thanks for your hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back