DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #7,336 of 14,084
Originally Posted by Tstorey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[...]

For those that had concerns over battery life can I recommend picking up an actual S**sung i9300 battery. It lengthens the battery life by quite a margin (anecdotal so far but zero depletion during my morning listening in work vs half the battery gone with stock.)

Should probably hide my wallet in future, this place is worse than the watch forum i frequent... ;o)

I confirm, although not tested fully, stock battery seems fairly weak and I doubt it hold as much as promised ie more than 7 hours, seems more in the range of 3 to 4?
Could some nice folks share their source for purchasing a compatible battery, e.g. the S3 one?
Thanks

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #7,337 of 14,084
I confirm, although not tested fully, stock battery seems fairly weak and I doubt it hold as much as promised ie more than 7 hours, seems more in the range of 3 to 4?
Could some nice folks share their source for purchasing a compatible battery, e.g. the S3 one?
Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Original-OEM-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-L710-T999-i747-EB-L1G6LLA-Battery-/360994405325
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-EB-L1G6LLA-Samsung-Galaxy-S-3-III-4G-i9300-Battery-NFC-2100-mAh-/191023656414

If you want to buy one from amazon, I'd buy it directly from amazon and not a third party seller

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #7,338 of 14,084
  They sell one of the cheapest dx90 in Malaysia becoz they deal with jaben china. In most retail shops in malaysia like jaben,e1 personal,amplified headphone store, they retail for rm1699, starpickers sell it rm1399 only. I got it with leather case + foc silicone caes for rm1430.

I got mine RM1288 with leather case & a 16GB sandisk card....RM1399 is reasonable as they need to ship it from china to you

Jul 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #7,340 of 14,084

Thanks

I just ordered the 2300 maH Mugen Power for S3. I haven't seen anything about it on this site but it's supposed to fit an S3 so it should fit the DX90 with the original cover. It must be pretty special because it costs $45. I am looking mostly for audible improvements but a few extra hours of operating time would help. Here it is:

http://mugen.co/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3/mugen-power-2300mah-extended-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-s3.html

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #7,341 of 14,084
  I know these sorts of threads can be annoying, but I'm driving myself mad trying to figure out the perfect IEM pairing for my DX90. Right now I have my UE900 which are good, no question. I've been happy with them particularly with classical, but they do lack a little bass and they're not the last word in detail. So I'm thinking that I'm due an upgrade - what are people's recommendations in the $500 - 600ish price range? I'm after detail, instrument separation but a bit more bass impact than my UE900 give to pep up my rock listening. Thoughts, please, would be much appreciated...

I happen to have the 1964ears demo lineup in my possession for the Seattle meet coming up tomorrow and was listening to them through my DX90. At $550, the quads stood out as outstanding even in their universal demo format. The reason I bring them up is because of their detail, instrument separation, and bigger bass impact than I heard from the UE900 or W4s. Plus, as a custom, they will have a better fit meaning better bass. What was unique about this particular CIEM is that it has a very open feeling compared to the others in the lineup that add to transparency, clarity, and details. However, the bass hits hard making it fun without getting in the way of the rest of the frequency. I would warn you though that there is a lot of sparkle up top providing the details in case you don't like that. Anyways, I may end up getting a pair as a lower priced backup to my NT6pro CIEMs.

I know that they are not as convenient to you logistically as to me, but just throwing it out there. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #7,342 of 14,084

I just ordered the 2300 maH Mugen Power for S3. I haven't seen anything about it on this site but it's supposed to fit an S3 so it should fit the DX90 with the original cover. It must be pretty special because it costs $45. I am looking mostly for audible improvements but a few extra hours of operating time would help. Here it is:

http://mugen.co/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3/mugen-power-2300mah-extended-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-s3.html

2300mah is less than 10% more than the stock 2100mah.  so "a few extra hours" seems unrealistic.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #7,343 of 14,084
I happen to have the 1964ears demo lineup in my possession for the Seattle meet coming up tomorrow and was listening to them through my DX90. At $550, the quads stood out as outstanding even in their universal demo format. The reason I bring them up is because of their detail, instrument separation, and bigger bass impact than I heard from the UE900 or W4s. Plus, as a custom, they will have a better fit meaning better bass. What was unique about this particular CIEM is that it has a very open feeling compared to the others in the lineup that add to transparency, clarity, and details. However, the bass hits hard making it fun without getting in the way of the rest of the frequency. I would warn you though that there is a lot of sparkle up top providing the details in case you don't like that. Anyways, I may end up getting a pair as a lower priced backup to my NT6pro CIEMs.

I know that they are not as convenient to you logistically as to me, but just throwing it out there. :wink_face:  

Will you be providing an overview of the 1964Ears lineup at some point? Maybe over on the 1964Ears thread? I'm in Portland and need to stop by and try them out at some point. A bit afraid of any marital repercussions that might cause, though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #7,344 of 14,084

I know that they are not as convenient to you logistically as to me, but just throwing it out there. 
wink_face.gif

Will you be providing an overview of the 1964Ears lineup at some point? Maybe over on the 1964Ears thread? I'm in Portland and need to stop by and try them out at some point. A bit afraid of any marital repercussions that might cause, though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I'd be happy to. Tomorrow at the Seattle meet, I should have some good amount of time to compare in depth and get good feedback as well to understand them better. Hopefully, the results will be up early next week as I can find some time away from work/family obligations.

The marital consideration is why I pointed out the quads at $550. In my early impressions, I felt the $50 price difference between the quad and the V3 is a material jump in quality. Above that, I felt it is really a determination in your preferred signature vs. a significant SQ quality jump. But keep in mind that so far I am having issues getting a good seal and have to cup my hands over my ears to get proper bass.

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #7,345 of 14,084
I'd be happy to. Tomorrow at the Seattle meet, I should have some good amount of time to compare in depth and get good feedback as well to understand them better. Hopefully, the results will be up early next week as I can find some time away from work/family obligations.

The marital consideration is why I pointed out the quads at $550. In my early impressions, I felt the $50 price difference between the quad and the V3 is a material jump in quality. Above that, I felt it is really a determination in your preferred signature vs. a significant SQ quality jump. But keep in mind that so far I am having issues getting a good seal and have to cup my hands over my ears to get proper bass.

Great! If there were some reference to commonly used IEMs for bass, mids, treble, soundstage, etc., that would be very helpful. Dunu DN1000 might be a good reference since a lot of people have heard it and it's a multi-driver hybrid.

If the Seattle meet we're later in the week, I might be able to go. Might be visiting in-laws in Kirkland and showing a German exchange student around Seattle.

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #7,346 of 14,084
Yes, I also use this giant 5500mA battery with the elegant back cover on my dx90.   It not only does extend the running time of the unit to over 15 hours, but also
ROCKS the music !!!   With this giant battery, the SQ is significantly improved - more powerful, extended bass, deeper and wider sound stage, all improved. it looks
like now the unit is powered by an external power amp...!    I will never go back using the 'slim' battery anymore !:evil:
yeah I'm pretty sure that's incorrect, longer battery life has nothing to do with the power or sound quality

Its called placebo

Jul 26, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #7,347 of 14,084

I've got that Mugen. The 10% longer time claim is probably about right compared to stock (which equates to at most 30 minutes longer). I dont hear any difference between it and stock

Jul 26, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #7,348 of 14,084
I know these sorts of threads can be annoying, but I'm driving myself mad trying to figure out the perfect IEM pairing for my DX90. Right now I have my UE900 which are good, no question. I've been happy with them particularly with classical, but they do lack a little bass and they're not the last word in detail. So I'm thinking that I'm due an upgrade - what are people's recommendations in the $500 - 600ish price range? I'm after detail, instrument separation but a bit more bass impact than my UE900 give to pep up my rock listening. Thoughts, please, would be much appreciated...

Check out / audition DUNU DN2000. For me, the bass impact is just about right to my ears ( solid, punchy ).

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #7,349 of 14,084
  MSY stock 

MSY stock them.  Currently $141 aud on their stock list.

PC case gear had them alot cheaper but just checked and your looking at around $160 before shipping. Glad I jumped on the released price of just over $100... just wait they should come down in price.

Jul 26, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #7,350 of 14,084
  I got mine RM1288 with leather case & a 16GB sandisk card....RM1399 is reasonable as they need to ship it from china to you

Since u got leather case + sd card too thats good price ahha. Btw do you live in Msia? or your malaysian living in china?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back