DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #6,601 of 14,084
Thanks, guys. I tend to not be an early adopter for new gear since there often are a lot of issues, but it looks like the dx90 is pretty solid.

It's not gonna be right for everybody but it does everything I need in a dap

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #6,602 of 14,084
Did any of you order from eglobalcentral? They have very sharp prices. Gonna order the ibasso dx90 from there and later the sennheiser ie800 hmm

I did (please read my comments about them earlier on this post).
wink.gif

Got my DX90 from them back in May but the headphone jack got loose after a while. Got a brand new unit as replacement.
The overall experience was excellent but the customer service could be a little more responsive. Took 3 days for them to answer my initial return/repair request.

They ship UPS express for free, which is great as long as your local UPS guy is nice.

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #6,603 of 14,084
I did (please read my comments about them earlier on this post).:wink:
Got my DX90 from them back in May but the headphone jack got loose after a while. Got a brand new unit as replacement.
The overall experience was excellent but the customer service could be a little more responsive. Took 3 days for them to answer my initial return/repair request.

They ship UPS express for free, which is great as long as your local UPS guy is nice.

thank you so much!
I was afraid they send fake ones because the prices are to good to be true lol.
i will order the ibasso on monday then. Tomorow to the bank and deposit 300 euros and pay via paypall. :)
Once again thanks!

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #6,605 of 14,084
ANyone here using the the dx90 with se846s? If so, is there any noisefloor with them? I find with my x5 I can here a audible hum in the background when I plug my se846 in.

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #6,607 of 14,084
So far, except from some weird characters - that got fixed with the last patch - everything been smooth sailing with the DX90.
Liked it so much I sold my DX50. To me it does all the things DX50 did, just slightly better in many aspects and some really better.

I do notice that the DX90 is less forgiving with some headphones though. The highs can be really a bit too bright with some high-intense headphones.

Haven't had the battery troubles nor the hissing some people mention here. Hopefully you can have  that resolved either via a FW or simply return it for a new DAP.

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #6,608 of 14,084
No hissing with the DX90.

There is a slight amount of background noise, but it isn't bettered by any DAP until you move to a software-controlled Mezzo Hifi. Apart from that, DX90 is as good as it gets.

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #6,609 of 14,084
thank you so much!
I was afraid they send fake ones because the prices are to good to be true lol.
i will order the ibasso on monday then. Tomorow to the bank and deposit 300 euros and pay via paypall.
smily_headphones1.gif

Once again thanks!

Glad it was helpful! Please share your experience here once it has arrived! Remember to update the firmware
beyersmile.png

I ordered it from the US, so your experience may vary. (Is UPS also big in Europe? Or is DHL bigger over there?)

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #6,611 of 14,084
updated my FW today...seem snappier,faster scanning..but some songs only get played partially and new song cut in...

Did you do a factory reset?

Jul 4, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #6,613 of 14,084
There is a slight amount of background noise, but it isn't bettered by any DAP until you move to a software-controlled Mezzo Hifi. Apart from that, DX90 is as good as it gets.

I noticed none on low gain with either low or high volumes. Easily noticeable on the x5 though.
Hopefully my hearing isn't off, or hopefully you aren't going crazy and start hearing stuff in your head :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back