DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #4,291 of 14,084
I have purchased a Transcend SD Card 128 Gb on Amazon and would want to know whether to format it with DX90 Ibasso or computer / PC and FAT32, NTFS or what?? Format?
I'll browse by folders...., I can include subfolders?, For example an artist and each disc a new folder or not??
Thank you very much.

Apr 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #4,292 of 14,084
  I have purchased a Transcend SD Card 128 Gb on Amazon and would want to know whether to format it with DX90 Ibasso or computer / PC and FAT32, NTFS or what?? Format?
I'll nevegar Folder ...., I can include subfolders?, For example an artist and each disc a new folder or not??
Thank you very much.

Just to be clear DX90 can only take a micro SD not a full SD Card. I suppose you are using it via otg or some kind of adaptor?

You can organize your files in subfolders. It should work fine. If you are using iTiunes just copy the entire iTunes folder structure (using windows explorer or finder in Mac) to your SD card.

Apr 28, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #4,293 of 14,084
I'll browse by folders...., I can include subfolders?, For example an artist and each disc a new folder or not??
Thank you very much.

I hope you have a microsd to sd adaptor.  The DX90 only uses microsd cards natively.  It can support either FAT32 or EXFAT.  Only sandisk make 128GB microsd cards.  You make need to take it back and buy the correct microsd card...

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #4,295 of 14,084
Something to try for those with 2 pin ear connector customs. Re-install them 180* in the earpiece socket. I believe that the DX90 is inverted in absolute phase. I know many don't believe in absolute phase being audible and plenty of phones are inverted as well so take with a grain but try for yourself.
wink_face.gif

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #4,296 of 14,084
So...are users of the DX90 to assume we can use the DX50 firmware? Or will we have our own update schedule & firmware?

Kojaku

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #4,299 of 14,084
  So...are users of the DX90 to assume we can use the DX50 firmware? Or will we have our own update schedule & firmware?

Kojaku

No, the DX90 uses a different CPU and requires a different FW but much of the functionality is the same. I had asked this and got this from an email reply. 

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #4,300 of 14,084
I just get my DX90. Does anyone have problems with the touch screen? My unit seems to be death in inferior left corner and it is quite difficult to select the options that appear in that zone, such as “my music” or the “ok” option. It’s getting annoying.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #4,301 of 14,084
Hi All, I'm ready to pull the trigger on the dx90. I would just like to know if anyone has experience with the dx90 playing .dff or .dsf files. I understand it plays them by converting to pcm on the fly? Also does anyone know if the native dsd stream can be outputted to an external Dac? I'd like to run it through the AMI musik Ds5.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #4,302 of 14,084
  Hi All, I'm ready to pull the trigger on the dx90. I would just like to know if anyone has experience with the dx90 playing .dff or .dsf files. I understand it plays them by converting to pcm on the fly? Also does anyone know if the native dsd stream can be outputted to an external Dac? I'd like to run it through the AMI musik Ds5.

Thanks in advance!

If I could possibly save you and others in this thread some money, please be aware that mobile phones will all have the ESS 9018mk2 mobile DAC (which is a downgraded version of the real ESS9018 dac), see e.g. http://www.gizchina.com/2013/12/26/tcl-idol-x-full-specifications-photos-32000-point-antutu/

So if you just wait like, maybe, six months, The dx90 will be more or less obsolete.

*runs out of thread*

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #4,303 of 14,084
  I just get my DX90. Does anyone have problems with the touch screen? My unit seems to be death in inferior left corner and it is quite difficult to select the options that appear in that zone, such as “my music” or the “ok” option. It’s getting annoying.

Mine does not have that issue, It might be a defect in your touch screen.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #4,304 of 14,084
If I could possibly save you and others in this thread some money, please be aware that mobile phones will all have the ESS 9018mk2 mobile DAC (which is a downgraded version of the real ESS9018 dac), see e.g. http://www.gizchina.com/2013/12/26/tcl-idol-x-full-specifications-photos-32000-point-antutu/

So if you just wait like, maybe, six months, The dx90 will be more or less obsolete.

*runs out of thread*

Yeah, I'm sure a cell phone will have the quality opamps and other hi-fi audio circuitry of something like a Fiio or iBasso DAP :rolleyes:

Don't you have too any posts on Head-Fi to be ignorantly trolling like that?

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #4,305 of 14,084

Thanks in advance!

*runs out of thread*

Firstly, I don't like my audio player to be a phone, secondly this hardly answers my question about the dx90's capabilities as a dsd player and streamer. Request you to either reply to my question or not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back