DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 19, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #3,751 of 14,084
its biggest nonsense to develop 32 bit driver for anything in year 2014 and hope customers will be happy

dudes from ibasso....it is not a normal community here and you are not selling ipods

either do 64 bit drivers or just stop with that

for me it is a big argument to buy X5 only because DX90 doesnt support USB DAC function
i could ignore that X5 has dual slot card if ibasso offers at least usb dac

and i really dont care about 192KHz

24/48 would be more then enough

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #3,752 of 14,084
Every time I play a song of the sd card, I hear several seconds of silence through out the song. Almost like it's not reading off the sd card properly. No problems off the internal memory. I have tried the same sd card in my note 2 and it plays fine. I know the rip is good. The folder only has the flac files. My sd card is the sandisk ultra card. Any ideas?

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #3,754 of 14,084
Every time I play a song of the sd card, I hear several seconds of silence through out the song. Almost like it's not reading off the sd card properly. No problems off the internal memory. I have tried the same sd card in my note 2 and it plays fine. I know the rip is good. The folder only has the flac files. My sd card is the sandisk ultra card. Any ideas?

No gapless playback guys??!!  BS 32 bit drivers and also no gapless?

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #3,755 of 14,084
What do you mean no gapless? I am using it right now and it works fine. You have to go to settings to implement it. And in an email, about 10 days for the USB dac. With my Mac computer I often have to go through a few updates on a new one to get all the bugs out and the same with a new system on a PC and look at their budgets. Why all the worries. 

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #3,756 of 14,084
  What is the major improvement in sound signature can you notice from DX50 to DX90 ?
I'm very interested to know about the sound stage/3D imaging, vocal/instrument separation and bass impact between DX50 to DX90.
Thanks.

I just did a quick A/B with the DX50 and DX90 with both set on volume 190 and playing the same tracks. Firstly I noticed the DX50's hissing as soon as I plugged in my earphones and it's still noticeable in quieter tracks such as City and Colour - Grand Optimist, while in the DX90 I hear no hiss. Second, I notice the speed to be a lot faster on the DX90 compared to the DX50. Therefore, when someone hits the drum you can feel the impact. Third the soundstage is obviously wider on the DX90 and this is due to the separation of the instruments/vocals in a song. Also, I find the bass to be better on the DX90 because you can feel the impact. Considering the price of the DX90, is it two times better than the DX50? Some will argue it is while others will argue it's not, but the DX90 is a keeper and an improvement over the DX50.   

BTW my DX50 is fully burned in while my DX90 only has about 8-10 hours on it.

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #3,759 of 14,084
I just did a quick A/B with the DX50 and DX90 with both set on volume 190 and playing the same tracks. Firstly I noticed the DX50's hissing as soon as I plugged in my earphones and it's still noticeable in quieter tracks such as City and Colour - Grand Optimist, while in the DX90 I hear no hiss. Second, I notice the speed to be a lot faster on the DX90 compared to the DX50. Therefore, when someone hits the drum you can feel the impact. Third the soundstage is obviously wider on the DX90 and this is due to the separation of the instruments/vocals in a song. Also, I find the bass to be better on the DX90 because you can feel the impact. Considering the price of the DX90, is it two times better than the DX50? Some will argue it is while others will argue it's not, but the DX90 is a keeper and an improvement over the DX50.   

BTW my DX50 is fully burned in while my DX90 only has about 8-10 hours on it.

Thanks - edging closer & closer to the "order" button

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #3,761 of 14,084
Maybe I overlooked it, but does the DX90 work as a USB DAC when using a Mac? 
I have been waiting for Calyx to release their DAP for quite a while now but I must say that the DX90 really got my attention. Depending on whether USB DAC function works on mac or not, I might just order one and be done with it. 

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #3,762 of 14,084
Maybe I overlooked it, but does the DX90 work as a USB DAC when using a Mac? 

I have been waiting for Calyx to release their DAP for quite a while now but I must say that the DX90 really got my attention. Depending on whether USB DAC function works on mac or not, I might just order one and be done with it. 

Not at this time, I tried it and no love. With iBasso's statement you'd be better off looking somewhere else, say Calyx M for example. :wink:

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #3,765 of 14,084
musicheaven you don't hear a hiss with the dx50/shure 535?
I did, that was my reason for purchasing a pico slim.

It did a while back but not anymore, I don't know if it was the firmware or what else, it does not do it any longer. :frowning2:

I just can't explain it. The reason I kept using the amp are two folds; LO+Amp is better and the volume bug. Oh I almost forgot, the SE535 on HO felt brighter.

Well I'm testing with all my gear and you can check that in my profile. With cans there are no hissing on both players, but with iems/earphones there are hissing on the DX50. Have you got a chance to A/B both players?

Ah ok, i listened to both but I want to give the DX90 a chance to clear the burn-in stage, in the past I have been too quick providing impressions without a decent burning time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back