DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 18, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #3,587 of 14,084
  I never found/find the DX90 lacking in power or a hint of it, unless it is something like the HE-6. Otherwise I never get clipping or compression. Also, it does take a long burn-in to fully realize the potential of the Dx90 IMO. 

I don't doubt it but it's VG right away. I expect it to to develop a bit more texture over time. It's a touch sterile right now, not compared to the competition but to absolutes, but not bright or lacking info. I would easily be happy with it as is but a bit more harmonic weight and fill would be about perfect. Generally exactly what happens to good products as they run in.

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #3,588 of 14,084

put it on the marketplace and we'll all have fun at the ensuing bidding war that takes place!

Nah, my dad bought it from me for the price that I bought it for because it's still practically brand-new and I managed to not screw up applying the screen protector, bless him.

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #3,589 of 14,084
Holy schiit!

I was just listening to "We Are Young" by Fun. and the imaging, detail and the soundstaging really shocked me. It sounds so much more open than the DX50. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #3,590 of 14,084
I'm rocking the DX90 right now with the Sig Pro and the combo is insane.

It sounds better than the full blown LCD-2/HE-500 desktop rig I had. Unbelievable that I can have this kind of sound that fits in my pocket, makes owning a desktop rig unnecessary.

Sig Pro has finally taken off its Clark Kent suit and has become Superman flying through the skies.

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #3,591 of 14,084
Damn I am looking for some new headphones for my DX 90 and I am willing to invest some amount that will lead me to a decision between the Sig Pro, the LCD2, the HD 800, a Denon 7100 or the Fostex 600. Will be quite impossible though to compare all these. But out of the blue I am already tending to the Sig Pro due to the technical aspects which makes Ultrasones unique. I own some HFI 15 which I like.... Sorry for my wallet already. But my VModa 100 just don't seem to be appropriate for the DX 90 after I made the mistake to pull my old Senn 600 out of the shelves lately....

I'm rocking the DX90 right now with the Sig Pro and the combo is insane.

It sounds better than the full blown LCD-2/HE-500 desktop rig I had. Unbelievable that I can have this kind of sound that fits in my pocket, makes owning a desktop rig unnecessary.

Sig Pro has finally taken off its Clark Kent suit and has become Superman flying through the skies.

Note 3 tapatalking....

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #3,593 of 14,084
Wow, really? They didn't do too well with my HE-500. I mean they were alright, but they just didn't sound that good. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #3,594 of 14,084
Plugged the hd800s into the dx90 and was shocked how well the amp could drive them.

Wow so many reports the HD800 are difficult to drive.

My HD600 are driven fine with the DX90 (correction they are ok on HO at around 220 low gain). My SE535 iems shine again no amp so for easy to drive iems the DX90 on it's own is good to go. Momentum has a new lease on life with the DX90, work will never be the same. :atsmile:

I am eying the Oppo PM-1 or PM-2 as possible future open headphones as opposed to HD800, more impressions stating they sound amazing and a lot easier to drive. :)

Question: when putting the gain on high and using LO to 240, the player really got warm to the touch, anyone experienced it? Never was an issue with lower gain. I will have to perform a few experiments here, the heat at the level is not a big issue as long as it does not get worse, mind you can be very handy during cool winter days. :D

Apr 18, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #3,596 of 14,084
You just drag the directories/files onto the SD card or internal memory. You may or may not get cover art depending on if it is embedded in the files or only in the iTunes meta data. Mine seems to be about half and half, have no idea why some goes one place and others the other place.

Apr 18, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #3,597 of 14,084
Wow so many reports the HD800 are difficult to drive.

My HD600 are driven fine with the DX90 but work a lot better with an amp. My SE535 iems shine again no amp so for easy to drive iems the DX90 on it's own is good to go. Momentum has a new lease on life with the DX90, work will never be the same.
atsmile.gif

I am eying the Oppo PM-1 or PM-2 as possible future open headphones as opposed to HD800, more impressions stating they sound amazing and a lot easier to drive.
smily_headphones1.gif

HD800 is quite efficient (102 dB SPL @ 1Vrms). But the Oppo PM-1 (102 dB/1mW) is quite impressive for a planar. If DX90 is enough to power a PM-1 then I might go with the Oppo. (or just with the portable amps I currently have). Just like you I'm waiting for the PM-2. If it's true that it's tuned/sound similar to PM-1 but with cheaper materials it's going to be a hell of a headphone. Just glad I have not pulled the trigger yet on an LCD-X.

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #3,598 of 14,084
Anyone tried or going to try the Dx-90 with Etymotic er-4pt (with er-4s adpater)? I can see the advantage of the DX-90 over Dx-50 with my Sennheiser HD600 but maybe not so much with the Etymotics? Frequency accuracy and separation are the most important aspects to me.
Still holding off on the order cos $ 9,999.00 is way too much :) so still got till May the 7th to decide on DX-90 or 50.

Thanks

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #3,599 of 14,084
  And I'm back to the DX50. Why? I don't really need the sabre double DAC when the wolfson DAC in the DX50 is almost as good as I have a 627 MICRO and also the sabre treble sheen got to me.

The Sabre sheen has been reported to wear off with burn-in.

Anyone tried or going to try the Dx-90 with Etymotic er-4pt (with er-4s adpater)? I can see the advantage of the DX-90 over Dx-50 with my Sennheiser HD600 but maybe not so much with the Etymotics? Frequency accuracy and separation are the most important aspects to me.
Still holding off on the order cos $ 9,999.00 is way too much :) so still got till May the 7th to decide on DX-90 or 50.

Thanks

I think NC8000 still has an ER4 kicking around, maybe he can try it our for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back