DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #2,132 of 14,084
  so I was wondering how DX90 might compare to fiio x5, I hope for a comparison to know which one to buy

I've been studying the ZX1 and X5 for weeks, reading every review, have had an X5 order in for over a week and then pressed button on this without knowing anything about iBasso's except one fine review in this thread. If X5 soon despatches I will give my thoughts on both, coming from a hifi world though without much DAP experience. A month ago I heard Fortis Flyer's ZX1 with some Heirs and JH16s and my perception of DAPS changed. Have bought Westone W40s a month ago after a four way listening comparison, but just want a DAP, quickly!

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #2,133 of 14,084
  well i guess then its better to wait, as I am now in limbo making uo my mid which to buy

my options are

1- fiio x5
2- isbasso dx90
3- calyx
4- pono player

very confused which to buy

all i know is I like warm, laid back, dark sound

I wasn't as high on the x5 as some and the DX90 is less than $1/2 the others so it was worth a go for me. I hate the Pono shape for a portable. Calyx still looks interesting but there's nothing I actually like better about it functionally. It will come down to sound.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #2,135 of 14,084
Apr 7, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #2,138 of 14,084
  well i guess then its better to wait, as I am now in limbo making uo my mid which to buy

my options are

1- fiio x5
2- isbasso dx90
3- calyx
4- pono player

very confused which to buy

all i know is I like warm, laid back, dark sound

I wasn't as high on the x5 as some and the DX90 is less than $1/2 the others so it was worth a go for me. I hate the Pono shape for a portable. Calyx still looks interesting but there's nothing I actually like better about it functionally. It will come down to sound.

goodvibes, you pretty much described how I feel about those options however I still want to keep the Calyx M option opened, I can't explain it but even though there was some mismanagement as far as PR is concerned, I feel that we might be quite surprised about the sound that will be coming out of it. I have a suspicion that those guys put all they had in designing the player as witnessed by their measures. If that is the case, it will sound amazing but again only time will tell. There should be some impressions coming soon so hopefully this should help us in evaluating its sq.

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #2,139 of 14,084

ipad charger output voltage is 5.1V, can I use it with DX90 battery?

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,144 of 14,084
I use a Samsung charger for the Galaxy S4. Charges fast, you can get them cheap on Amazon and they come with a nice long detachable USB cable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back