DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 26, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #1,471 of 14,084
Advancedmp3players aren't cheap. When I got my dx50 I bought directly from ibasso and chose EMS shipping. I didn't have to pay any import duties at all.

Same for me. Bought one from the first batch, delivered within a few days (minus the inability of the DHL driver to actually find my house), and no customs charges. I would highly recommend just buying it straight from iBasso, if you do go for the DX90.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #1,472 of 14,084

Mingo is a headphone shop
Mingo, Jaben and DMA are all taking preorders if I am not mistaken.. the estimated delivery date is mid-April...

there are too many DAPs gonna come out soon... so confusing...

Thanks, I hate middle man. I always try to avoid one if possible.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #1,474 of 14,084
There is always a sense of pride to be the first to get a new gadget for most people. I don't get it either. I'm glad I waited until batch 7 of DX50 when they released FW 1.2.2 which fixed most of the serious bugs that killed the experience of several early adapters. I think the most notable was the rant from DigitalFreak. I bet he would have thought differently if he got the DX50 on a later batches.

I suppose iBasso has come a long way since DX100 and DX50 and hopefully DX90 should have a smoother initial release than it's predecessor. I for one will wait for a few impressions before I decide to pull the trigger. Anyway, I'm still very much happy with DX50+Rockbox.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,475 of 14,084
  Apple CarPlay may be an option in the future.
That's if you have an iphone may be the safest option I've seen.
http://www.cnet.com/products/apple-carplay/

The integration with iPod is already pretty strong on some head units.  Alpine does it the best, which is good because they are the only ones out there making head units worth buying these days anyway.  I have an ida-x305 that I had in a Grand Cherokee for a while and now moved to my Miata, and that works extremely well.  The system for selecting a song isn't 100% eyes on the road, but it's pretty good requiring only a quick glance to know what you're doing.  The wheel they give you works well and has tactile feedback, and you can set up fast scrolling through your library in a couple of ways that work well.  You can adapt steering wheel controls pretty easily so previous/next, volume, and (maybe) source is 100% eyes free.  They integrate with pandora too if that's your thing.

Alpine has since changed their design a bit, especially the screen, and I am concerned about it.  I want to get a new one for the app-based eq and integrated bluetooth, but I'm nervous that it won't be as easy to navigate.  My buddy told me it was, so we'll see when I check out his next week.

I also have a top-of-the-line double din Kenwood from a couple years ago.  The integration on that is good enough, the main problem is that the head unit is slow and underpowered for the amount of stuff it does.  Using the touch screen to scroll music is also just a really crappy setup, especially when things are slow and flaky.  Once you find what you want it's fine and the steering wheel controls work with that as well, but its not as good as the Alpine.

I like my wife's BMW for integration a lot as well.  The newer iDrive systems are excellent and the wheel they give you to navigate is right at hand and allows you do do things without taking your eyes off the road.  The way they navigate an iPod leaves a bit to be desired...if they redid the software a bit they'd have the perfect system.

My FJ will skip/next with a bluetooth connected phone running spotify, which is...ok.  It does allright with ipod integration as well...as well as you can do with a small low res screen.

I think what I'm getting at here in the end is: touchscreen bad, physical wheel good.

My main problem right now is that I (finally) re-ripped my entire music collection to flac over the winter and I'm trying to find a portable that will play those and integrate into the car.  Been scouring the head-fi forums the last few days...dx90 seems to be the leading contender.  :)  I need to reckeck and see if the kenwood will play flac off a usb drive directly, but that still leaves portable and the miata to come up with a solution for.

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #1,476 of 14,084
I always leave any new product for 6 months before buying, I read the massive DX50 thread for months and then
when 1.2.8 came out it was time, and I got mine in Feb  - which results in a virtual bug free machine and not having 
to change firmware every month;

I do the same for Windows, Football Manager and lots of other software.

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #1,477 of 14,084
I always leave any new product for 6 months before buying, I read the massive DX50 thread for months and then
when 1.2.8 came out it was time, and I got mine in Feb  - which results in a virtual bug free machine and not having 
to change firmware every month;

I do the same for Windows, Football Manager and lots of other software.

Smart and sensible man. :beerchug:

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #1,478 of 14,084
But as you know, it's hard being smart and sensible.
Resisting is very very difficult but worth it, sending stuff to China back from the UK is
not my idea of an enjoyable hobby

But Hats off to those others who suffer for us!

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #1,479 of 14,084
I don't think there are going to be many issues with the DX90. I predict it will be one of the top players, and I will have a reference dac to compare it to in the Hugo. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #1,480 of 14,084

The integration with iPod is already pretty strong on some head units.  Alpine does it the best, which is good because they are the only ones out there making head units worth buying these days anyway.  I have an ida-x305 that I had in a Grand Cherokee for a while and now moved to my Miata, and that works extremely well.  The system for selecting a song isn't 100% eyes on the road, but it's pretty good requiring only a quick glance to know what you're doing.  The wheel they give you works well and has tactile feedback, and you can set up fast scrolling through your library in a couple of ways that work well.  You can adapt steering wheel controls pretty easily so previous/next, volume, and (maybe) source is 100% eyes free.  They integrate with pandora too if that's your thing.

Alpine has since changed their design a bit, especially the screen, and I am concerned about it.  I want to get a new one for the app-based eq and integrated bluetooth, but I'm nervous that it won't be as easy to navigate.  My buddy told me it was, so we'll see when I check out his next week.

I also have a top-of-the-line double din Kenwood from a couple years ago.  The integration on that is good enough, the main problem is that the head unit is slow and underpowered for the amount of stuff it does.  Using the touch screen to scroll music is also just a really crappy setup, especially when things are slow and flaky.  Once you find what you want it's fine and the steering wheel controls work with that as well, but its not as good as the Alpine.

I like my wife's BMW for integration a lot as well.  The newer iDrive systems are excellent and the wheel they give you to navigate is right at hand and allows you do do things without taking your eyes off the road.  The way they navigate an iPod leaves a bit to be desired...if they redid the software a bit they'd have the perfect system.

My FJ will skip/next with a bluetooth connected phone running spotify, which is...ok.  It does allright with ipod integration as well...as well as you can do with a small low res screen.

I think what I'm getting at here in the end is: touchscreen bad, physical wheel good.

My main problem right now is that I (finally) re-ripped my entire music collection to flac over the winter and I'm trying to find a portable that will play those and integrate into the car.  Been scouring the head-fi forums the last few days...dx90 seems to be the leading contender.  :)  I need to reckeck and see if the kenwood will play flac off a usb drive directly, but that still leaves portable and the miata to come up with a solution for.

Atleast you have "Options".
I have a 2003 Xttera with supercharger (my suv drinks gas like it's a slurpee on a summer day) and a system with so much DRM that it only plays "original CD's".
Had a "Pathfinder" with 10 disc changer man i miss it.

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #1,481 of 14,084
I don't think there are going to be many issues with the DX90. I predict it will be one of the top players, and I will a reference dac to compare it to in the Hugo. 

I loved upgrading all the firmwares, keeps the 'new thing buzz' going and I personally can't fault iBasso, I loved the dx50, I just can't wait to be part of the next iteration, 11 days and counting :D

Mar 26, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #1,482 of 14,084
Good news to everyone, first I am another one who was told that April 7 is the DX90 launch but the bigger news, at least for me and for some they said they ironed out all the bugs including the volume spike bug for both models and will release the firmware at the same time the DX90 will be released so my hat to them, I was really waiting for this to rejoice.
gs1000.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #1,483 of 14,084
  Good news to everyone, first I am another one who was told that April 7 is the DX90 launch but the bigger news, at least for me and for some they said they ironed out all the bugs including the volume spike bug for both models and will release the firmware at the same time the DX90 will be released so my hat to them, I was really waiting for this to rejoice.
gs1000.gif

You, my friend, has just made the waiting more unendurable.. HYPE!!

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,484 of 14,084
Just take a big b
You, my friend, has just made the waiting more unendurable.. HYPE!!

Glad you're getting excited but let me add this caution; they've believed at different firmware version that they captured all the bugs up until more escaped through the buggy sound maze. So not to be doubtful but I'll believe when I'll hear it. :wink:

It's really not that far, a week and half, two at the most so good news overall. :)

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #1,485 of 14,084
  I don't think there are going to be many issues with the DX90. I predict it will be one of the top players, and I will a reference dac to compare it to in the Hugo. 

Not quite sure what you meant here. If you are saying it will compare in SQ to a hugo you are also saying it will be better than AK240. If that's what you are saying i think it highly unlikely. However if it is that good it will obviously sell like hot cakes in winter.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back