DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 9, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #11,836 of 14,084
aah now i see.  haha. but its way out of my budget. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #11,837 of 14,084
  aah now i see.  haha. but its way out of my budget. 

you may wanna search also at the FS threads for a used arrow 4G/N - it should go for sale around 200$

the 3G version also must be good , i heard its bass is better/snappier

I use it with my K3003 and i feel like it improves the sound(stage) and i can always paly with the treble/bass switches for extra customization

i am also back on the 2.1.5 lurker , i missed its clarity/transparency

great dap , no problems here as well (use only flac files at 16/44)

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #11,838 of 14,084

Have you tried the batch tool on the 1st page? I know it may be a hassle but that is one way to make sure it is the dap. You have tried different USB cables and computers so the Batch Tool would be a way to load a fW if what is on the 90 is corrupt. 

You give me the same hints as the ibasso support . . . :wink:!

The problem is that the DX90 is no longer recognized (natively) under windows as a device and therefore not available for the batch tool.

When the unit is connected to the pc is switched off, the normal round screen appears with the charging circle.
The charging of the DX90 still works fine.

When it´s turned on, the USB Connection screen does not longer appear as usual, but the regular music playback screen, however with a red jagged line in the battery symbol. The player can then be used only for listening – but no USB and no possibility to access the internal GB flash memory from the connected computer.

On the Windows side i get an unknown device error message at the moment i plug the DX90 in - regardless whether it was  turned on or off.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #11,839 of 14,084
  This could be a driver problem on Windows' side.  I had that happen a few times on my Android devices after Windows updated. Go to your Windows Device Manager and plug in your DX90.  Do you see an "ACER ADB Interface" device come on?  If you do, uninstall that driver, then press the Windows key on your keyboard + X.  Click on Shut Down (not restart).  Turn on your PC again and replug your DX90.  The right drivers should be installed.  

I hope it helps.

thx for your help.

Unfortunatelly is the DX90 is no longer recognized (natively) under windows as a device - in windows i get an unknown device error message at the moment i plug the DX90 in - regardless whether it was  turned on or off. The ACER ADB interface doesn't appear anyway.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #11,840 of 14,084

You give me the same hints as the ibasso support . . . :wink:!

The problem is that the DX90 is no longer recognized (natively) under windows as a device and therefore not available for the batch tool.

When the unit is connected to the pc is switched off, the normal round screen appears with the charging circle.
The charging of the DX90 still works fine.

When it´s turned on, the USB Connection screen does not longer appear as usual, but the regular music playback screen, however with a red jagged line in the battery symbol. The player can then be used only for listening – but no USB and no possibility to access the internal GB flash memory from the connected computer.

On the Windows side i get an unknown device error message at the moment i plug the DX90 in - regardless whether it was  turned on or off.

Well it makes sense as there are only so many things that you can do to try and figure out what is wrong. So the batch tool doesn't work. Seems like you need to have the DX90 serviced. That would be my opinion. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #11,841 of 14,084
I assume you've gone into the dx90's settings to choose either dac or storage as your usb mode?

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #11,842 of 14,084

thx for your help.

Unfortunatelly is the DX90 is no longer recognized (natively) under windows as a device - in windows i get an unknown device error message at the moment i plug the DX90 in - regardless whether it was  turned on or off. The ACER ADB interface doesn't appear anyway.

That's exactly what happened with my Android devices.  Whenever I plugged them in, Windows will tell me they were unknown devices.  No ACER ADB interface will appear.  It'll just be listed as ACER ADB in your windows device manager.  Did you check in your device manager (windows key + x > select device manager)?

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #11,843 of 14,084
this happens with USB settings in storage mode.

When i connect the USB cable, an "unknown device" warning appears in the USB node of the windows device manager and vanishs when i unplug.

Still waiting for an answer from ibasso, if the device has to be repaired.

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #11,844 of 14,084
For those who is interested in using this,please take note that the part that go into DX90's microSD  slot is a little thinner than an actual mSD card.This will cause the thing undetected,and sometime when it manage a read,will only take slight vibration to lose it.My solution is to thicken it up with 2 layers of cellophane tape.Work like a charm now.

*edit spelling mistakes

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #11,845 of 14,084

I'm waiting for one of these adaptors to be delivered so that's very timely advice! Looking forward to doubling the number of tracks! 
jecklinsmile.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #11,846 of 14,084
  For those who is interested in using this,please take note that the part that go into DX90's microSD  slot is a little thinner than an actual mSD card.This will cause the thing undetected,and sometime when it manage a read,will only take slight vibration to lose it.My solution is to thicken it up with 2 layers of cellophane tape.Work like a charm now.

I've purchased mine from dx.com for $5 (free shipping worldwide), and it just fits the slot, no problems with detecting. I only had cut that hard part that goes into the slot, to make it shorter.

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #11,847 of 14,084

thx for your help.

I had the problem once on a laptop. I went into system management, right click on yellow icon showing non known device and properties/find drivers and choose the directory where DX90 drivers where unzipped. The installation went on and it worked again.

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #11,848 of 14,084
deleted - too trollish.

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #11,849 of 14,084
Apr 12, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #11,850 of 14,084
If you are using or plan to use the digital output on your DX90, you may be interested in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/762611/how-wywires-fixed-my-dropouts-with-their-custom-spdif-cable

It details some difficulties I encountered using the DX90 digital output, and how I overcame those difficulties with the help of Alex at WyWires. Opened up a whole new way to use my DX90 especially now that the link is stable.
I wonder if that Alex know about cables at all... USB cable is a twisted pair, but S/PDIF cable must be 75 Ohm coaxial cable, like is used to feed TV signal from antenna. I use 3 meters coaxial extension (RCA male/female) with the short cable provided by iBasso with Onkyo PR-SC5509, and have no problems.

I answered in your thread with information on how to make a very good cable for under $10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back